• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People don't get smarter with age. They gain more experience and knowledge. Hopefully wisdom. I'm not sure she got much wiser.

I doubt it too. I think because of he newfound fame (after the election), she was smart enough to know that a 'twang and hokey saying wasn't going to carry her through. So she, smartly, took it upon her self to learn how to hold conversation concerning knowledge of political theory.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    This is what started on Palin. No mention of foreign policy. Just because someone wants to move the goalposts to foreign policy does not mean I have to go there.

The goalpost has not been moved. The foreign policy question was at the heart of her statement. I think the problem is that you are arguing over an 18 second video clip, while the rest of us are talking about the context of what she said and how it relates to the notion that she is dumb. I don't think she's dumb, she's probably about average intelligence. I think she's out of her league for national politics, though.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is what started on Palin. No mention of foreign policy. Just because someone wants to move the goalposts to foreign policy does not mean I have to go there.

Most INGOers are pretty informed on Palin and participated in the conversations about her at the time. They understand the context...albeit 'shorthand' in my comment. We "know" it's about foreign policy. If you don't because you began your political life subsequent to the 2008 election, then that would explain it.

Reminds me of the guy in prison who doesn't understand why everyone is laughing when the inmates call out numbers.....

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The goalpost has not been moved. The foreign policy question was at the heart of her statement. I think the problem is that you are arguing over an 18 second video clip, while the rest of us are talking about the context of what she said and how it relates to the notion that she is dumb. I don't think she's dumb, she's probably about average intelligence. I think she's out of her league for national politics, though.

Exactly. Unlike most on here I am not an expert on foreign policy and would add nothing by commenting on that subtopic.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly. Unlike most on here I am not an expert on foreign policy and would add nothing by commenting on that subtopic.

Neither was Sarah Palin.

No one is claiming to be experts on foreign policy. They're just correctly pointing out that being so close to Russia that you can see it, doesn't explain how that gives her insight into foreign policy on Russia.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Neither was Sarah Palin.

No one is claiming to be experts on foreign policy. They're just correctly pointing out that being so close to Russia that you can see it, doesn't explain how that gives her insight into foreign policy on Russia.

When it comes to foreign policy, compared to me you all are experts.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Our very own Indiucky is on his way up to the big leagues

h8v59cs.png

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I follow Rick. Ha know, he gets around.

He also got to meet the "attribution monster"... the need for everyone on the internet to be credited for something they may or may not have made. Like seeing watermarks of usernames on memes... can't stand it.

My largest RT'd thing is a joke stolen from Reddit. I couldn't give less of a ****.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    John Kasich's PAC is still pulling in five- and six-figure donations, including a $10,000 contribution from an Ohio local of the International Union of Operating Engineers

EPndsGDWkAAMyNf

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    So you don't think that in living close to the borders of Russia, she was more aware of the danger the country represents through actually having repeated aviation and maritime incursions and providing ANG support for USAF or direct ADIZ intercepts or Coast Guard support of USN maritime operations? You don't think the Governor of Alaska is likely to be involved in military matters at a higher level?

By such a definition, one might conclude Volodymyr Zelensky has no better an understanding of the danger presented by Russia than Pete Bootyjudge does

Yes, that's exactly right and easily understood by most. Yet those that could not understand such a simple and readily apparent concept labeled Palin an idiot simply because she did not explain it slow enough and in great enough detail for them to understand. Of course many of those same people thought Obama was a genius and he was on the record belittling the idea that Russia was a threat at all.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, that's exactly right and easily understood by most. Yet those that could not understand such a simple and readily apparent concept labeled Palin an idiot simply because she did not explain it slow enough and in great enough detail for them to understand. Of course many of those same people thought Obama was a genius and he was on the record belittling the idea that Russia was a threat at all.

No. Being close enough to Russia to see it doesn't impart any special savvy in terms of foreign policy. As governor, she was probably aware of US policy towards Russia as it would apply to the State of Alaska. And that's about it. The question Gibson asked did it's job. It exposed her lack of depth. I really don't understand this unearned devotion to Sarah Palin. People are so unwilling to acknowledge what is so evident. She obviously lacked the experience. So why not admit that? You don't have to stop liking her. Just say, "okay fine. She lacks experience in foreign policy, but I still like her for these other reasons."

And yeah, she did get some disproportional, unearned grief from the media. She was ridiculed very publicly the kind of answer that they would protect their own for. For example, AOC says some really wacked out ****, and the media covers for her. But still, that doesn't take away from the facts about Palin. She had no depth of knowledge about Russia and much less about foreign policy, generally.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So a Hollywood type in his cries of pain over the impeachment witnesses vote, lashes out by asking for people to dig up abortions he believes Trump funded, likely for the wild sex life that he likely also believes Trump engaged in. But at this point would it even matter if they found that?

I say NO.

His actions for the pro-life have already mitigated most past sins. He is the Teflon Don in that sense, the man with no name the town hired to protect itself from the outlaws. After a term of most things going the way they want, why would the town choose to fire their champion.

It is beyond frustration now, it is literally hurting the lefty heads they cannot get this guy. They actually still cry in disbelief that the Access Hollywood tape did not bring him down. That tactic had ALWAYS worked for the entire lifetime of most of them. To see their best punch fail so spectacularly is something that still is in their heads and haunts them regularly.

lassner.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So a Hollywood type in his cries of pain over the impeachment witnesses vote, lashes out by asking for people to dig up abortions he believes Trump funded, likely for the wild sex life that he likely also believes Trump engaged in. But at this point would it even matter if they found that?

I say NO.

His actions for the pro-life have already mitigated most past sins. He is the Teflon Don in that sense, the man with no name the town hired to protect itself from the outlaws. After a term of most things going the way they want, why would the town choose to fire their champion.

It is beyond frustration now, it is literally hurting the lefty heads they cannot get this guy. They actually still cry in disbelief that the Access Hollywood tape did not bring him down. That tactic had ALWAYS worked for the entire lifetime of most of them. To see their best punch fail so spectacularly is something that still is in their heads and haunts them regularly.

lassner.png

Uh, I don't think that's in dispute.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dcb500
    Top Bottom