Indianapolis
    Uh-oh... not a good look Rudy.

tenor.gif

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I stopped reading at "Trump pressed the Ukrainian government to fabricate dirt on Joe Biden...." That's not what happened at all.

Looking forward to more objective recitation of the indictments.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I stopped reading at "Trump pressed the Ukrainian government to fabricate dirt on Joe Biden...." That's not what happened at all.

Looking forward to more objective recitation of the indictments.

Biased source aside, the actual indictment is included in the link, that why I picked that one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Biased source aside, the actual indictment is included in the link, that why I picked that one.
    It's too bad that we have to sift through all the bias spin to try and extract the relevant matter. Not specifically in this instance alone but with everything.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Interesting article that poses some serious questions about what Rudy Guiliani is up to and who is exactly paying him and the potential conflicts.

I've maintained that Guliani's actions are detrimental to the President and they are the reason behind the current impeachment controversy surrounding Trump. He needed to cut Guliani loose long ago.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/We-have-no-idea-who-is-paying-Rudy-Giuliani-14506916.php

Rudy Giuliani is not the secretary of state. In fact, he has no official position in President Donald Trump's Cabinet or administration. Yet he is traveling the world holding himself out as a U.S. government operative, engaging in some unknown amount of "unofficial" diplomacy and insisting his work is not only officially sanctioned by the president but also assisted by the State Department. The president's "private lawyer" is not charging Trump for his services, but he and his law firm are known to have dozens of clients - including foreign entities - who are paying for whatever services they think Giuliani can provide for them.
    That is a very convenient setup for Giuliani - but it leaves the public in the dark about the wealthy special interests who might be subsidizing his gratis work for Trump - or for whom he might actually be working while invoking Trump's name and that of the State Department. Because Giuliani is not officially a federal employee, he can sidestep ethics obligations that would require transparency behind the foreign or domestic interests who are paying him.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Interesting article that poses some serious questions about what Rudy Guiliani is up to and who is exactly paying him and the potential conflicts.

I've maintained that Guliani's actions are detrimental to the President and they are the reason behind the current impeachment controversy surrounding Trump. He needed to cut Guliani loose long ago.

https://www.thehour.com/news/article/We-have-no-idea-who-is-paying-Rudy-Giuliani-14506916.php

That story is from the Washington Post which of course is left biased.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That may very well be but I still think it raises some legit questions.

Sure it could, certainly seems to. But it could also be omitting important facts or using loaded language or partisan story selection - my only point is if I personally cared to know more about the facts involved in the subject I would have to verify and research everything from other sources.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure it could, certainly seems to. But it could also be omitting important facts or using loaded language or partisan story selection - my only point is if I personally cared to know more about the facts involved in the subject I would have to verify and research everything from other sources.

From the quotes in KG's post what do you need to verify?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    From the quotes in KG's post what do you need to verify?

The post contains a link to an article. As I said in my post - the article was from The Washington Post. I actually read the article. I would need to verify every thing they portrayed as facts to see if any of them are indeed facts.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The post contains a link to an article. As I said in my post - the article was from The Washington Post. I actually read the article. I would need to verify every thing they portrayed as facts to see if any of them are indeed facts.

The next question. Are you? If so, I'd be interested in your findings.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The next question. Are you? If so, I'd be interested in your findings.

I doubt it - like I said "if I personally cared" I would do that. But things change, if I do check into it I will let you know the results. If there is any meat to this it will be expanded on, if not it will fade away into the place where hype goes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    President Trump rallying in enemy territory. Might get interesting...

[video=youtube;UuHZ3xZf7To]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuHZ3xZf7To[/video]

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine that if we stepped back and looked at dc as a whole we would find that lots of foreigners are buying influence and favors there. The smart ones use a dc law/lobby firm as a cut out, but at over $1K per hour that probably limits the players to the really rich ones like asian business types, euro merchant bankers, and saudi princes. Your costs are lower if good marketing people can tie your influence to something big media likes, like climate change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom