Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ellen DeGeneres was spotted at a game with George W Bush, and she was obviously attacked for doing so.

She responded exactly how she should.

“When I say be kind to one another, I don’t mean only the people that think the same way you do. I mean be kind to everyone.”

Video of her responding to the criticism here:

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1181399918889582599

We need more people, especially prominent people, from both sides saying exactly that. Every day.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd settle for more people saying that on INGO.

What the **** are you talking about? There you go again, blathering inuendo all over INGO as if you have an opinion anyone should pay attention to.

Kidding, of course. Seriously though. Yes. People should treat people like they want to be treated.

Imma go have a snickers now.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Turks don't like the Kurds operating so close to their border in Northern Syria and never have. They seek to create a buffer zone by pushing the Kurds to withdraw from the area. I've also read that one of their objectives is to resettle about 2 million Syrian refugees there.

The Kurds will have to seek alliances with Damascus now. They are not against the Assad government per se and would most certainly prefer Syrian government control of the area over facing a Turkish incursion since it is still Syrian territory.

Trump feels that we have done our part in the fight with ISIS in the region and it's time to back away and let the Turks and the Kurds fight out their own separate age old issues of which we should not be involved in.
    Another thing to add to this is that Trump should have made it known in his conversation with Erdogon that if they seek to control the border area of Northern Syria then they are responsible for the security of what happens with ISIS in that region.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What the **** are you talking about? There you go again, blathering inuendo all over INGO as if you have an opinion anyone should pay attention to.

Kidding, of course. Seriously though. Yes. People should treat people like they want to be treated.

Imma go have a snickers now.

I am unkindly refusing to rep this post because I'm confident you will have a kinda better one at some point in the future and I will kindly rep you then. :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am unkindly refusing to rep this post because I'm confident you will have a kinda better one at some point in the future and I will kindly rep you then. :D

This is why rep is retarded. You have to save it in case someone says something you like better than what they just said. For example, I tried to rep this post but I couldn't. And what's worse, I have no idea if whatever post I repped you for previously is better or worse than this one. Would be better just to have like/dislike buttons.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Kind advice: I think you can actually look in your User Control Panel and see what rep you've given out recently, to see if you like the other rep better.

Have a nice day. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like using rep as a non-PM, non-Public method of communication.

For example: I wanted to rep T.Lex, and say "I'm just waiting for someone to come by and tell us how Ellen is actually an enemy of the people" and how the message flew right over their head.

But I can't do that. Because I repped too recently, apparently.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

For example: I wanted to rep T.Lex, and say "I'm just waiting for someone to come by and tell us how Ellen is actually an enemy of the people" and how the message flew right over their head.

Your secret is safe with us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kind advice: I think you can actually look in your User Control Panel and see what rep you've given out recently, to see if you like the other rep better.

Have a nice day. :)

I can't be bothered to scroll down on the user cp. But I can't even neg-rep you now for suggesting such a thing. See, that's another bad thing about the rep system. You have to decide if what the person said is good enough to rep them and risk that they won't say something that you can't neg-rep them for later.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm totally neg-repping you for that. Obviously Ellen is an enemy of the people and a bane to society.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm totally neg-repping you for that. Obviously Ellen is an enemy of the people and a bane to society.

Bane.

I think he's totally one of the best villains in all of anime.

:)

(Narrowly targeted, contextual humor is the bestest.)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Another thing to add to this is that Trump should have made it known in his conversation with Erdogon that if they seek to control the border area of Northern Syria then they are responsible for the security of what happens with ISIS in that region.
    ,https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-fought-isil-allows-turkish-assault-northern/
    [FONT=&amp]The White House statement was released after a phonecall between US President Donald Trump and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday night.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Mr Erdogan had reportedly assured the US president that Ankara would take over the detention of Isil militants captured by the SDF, on the battlefield.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The Kurds have been holding thousands of Syrian and thousands more foreign Isil suspects in prisons and camps across the north of the country.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mr Trump has repeatedly asked countries under the US-led coalition against Isil to repatriate their citizens. However, the UK, France, Germany, and other allies have so far refused.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]“The United States will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer,” the White House statement said. “Turkey will now be responsible for all ISIS fighters in the area captured over the past two years in the wake of the defeat of the territorial “Caliphate” by the United States.”[/FONT]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump seeks to differentiate our alliance with the Kurds in the fight against ISIS and the decades old conflict between the Turks and Kurds at which point the alliance ends.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-fought-isil-allows-turkish-assault-northern/

[FONT=&amp]"The Kurds fought with us, but were paid massive amounts of money and equipment to do so. They have been fighting Turkey for decades," Mr Trump said in an earlier series of tweets.[/FONT]

President Trumps stated goals ever since taking office is to disentangle the US from drawn out wars in the middle east. He is trying to fulfill that goal by withdrawing troops from further engagement in a broader conflict in the region.

[FONT=&amp]"Turkey, Europe, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Russia and the Kurds will now have to figure the situation out."[/FONT]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Gotta use those taxpayer dollars to get political

EGcd44jWsAEqu7t

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If trump would have defunded planned parenthood like he said we wouldn’t be in this predicament. Nothing like paying your enemies to rise against you

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom