Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay. So Banks said Schiff lied about his role in the whistleblower. Schiff refutes that he met with the whistleblower before the complain was filed. But Schiff tweeted about this long before congress was notified. He got that information somewhere. Didn't Wapo report that Schiff or his office was contacted by the whistleblower initially. It's reasonable for Banks to claim Schiff lied when he said he nor his office had any contact with the whistleblower prior to the complain being filed. For NPR to call the claim incorrect just because Schiff says so, is kinda biased. Why take Schiff's word over Banks. It would instead be appropriate, after Banks claimed Schiff lied about that, for NPR to report that Schiff still maintains that he made no contact, and that somehow, the words just tweeted themselves, the details of the whistle blown.

This isn't dishonest reporting. I think they really believe they're being objective and reporting both sides. But they are indeed reporting form the left.

It is when they say Banks' statements are "provably false". They immediately assume Schiff is telling the truth so, therefore, Banks must be lying. Typical leftist bias.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More comedy out of the White House

Via Twitter:

Really guys? This is your guy? Really?

This is the world we live in. This is the kinds of choices we have to make now. This. Or distopia. This. Doesn't concern me nearly as much as ...

hcc2.jpg

That ***** is crazy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is when they say Banks' statements are "provably false". They immediately assume Schiff is telling the truth so, therefore, Banks must be lying. Typical leftist bias.

I think they believe that's true. What's the proof? Schiff's word. I mean, hell. It's good enough for Kut.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    More comedy out of the White House

Via Twitter:

Really guys? This is your guy? Really?
    We’ll have to see what steps are taken if Turkey goes to far. My support for every decision that Trump makes is not unlimited.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We’ll have to see what steps are taken if Turkey goes to far. My support for every decision that Trump makes is not unlimited.

From my understanding this pull out was a shock to everyone, and we didn't notify anyone that we were leaving. Other NATO forces have units in theater, and they weren't notified. I personally would think that we probably should have tipped off our allies rather than leave suddenly and have them holding the bag. Also it's pretty crappy to leave the Kurds in this state. While we like to take credit for beating ISIS, I don't anyone can deny that the Kurds did the heavy lifting. The deserve better than this. This is what, the second time were screwed the Kurds?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Okay, that tweet was just too much. The move to abandon the Kurds was beyond the pale but that narcissistic tweet is just too much. The problem is that there is absolutely no one who is acceptable for that job.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    From my understanding this pull out was a shock to everyone, and we didn't notify anyone that we were leaving. Other NATO forces have units in theater, and they weren't notified. I personally would think that we probably should have tipped off our allies rather than leave suddenly and have them holding the bag. Also it's pretty crappy to leave the Kurds in this state. While we like to take credit for beating ISIS, I don't anyone can deny that the Kurds did the heavy lifting. The deserve better than this. This is what, the second time were screwed the Kurds?
    Hey I’m willing to readily admit that I’m just as perplexed with this move as anyone else and I’m not to thrilled that he stepped aside for the Turks given their animosity toward the Kurds.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Kurds deserve much better than this. This is a stain upon the honor of our country. No doubt Erdogan offered something Trump thought he couldn't pass up. He has no scruples and would throw anyone under the bus in the right deal.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I don't like the sound of this, but I'll wait and see what happens before I freak out. We are taking about 1,000 troops being pulled out. Pretty insignificant number. It sounds more like he is setting up Erdogan. The tweet was off the chart for a reason. I'll sit back and observe.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Whatever anyone believed before, it truly sounds as if the president is losing his grip on reality. If this was a business, the Board would step in and put the CEO on an extended leave or into a healthcare facility. Since this isn't a business, there is the 25th.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Whatever anyone believed before, it truly sounds as if the president is losing his grip on reality. If this was a business, the Board would step in and put the CEO on an extended leave or into a healthcare facility. Since this isn't a business, there is the 25th.

:lmfao:

Quick, let's put Hillary in charge.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Okay, that tweet was just too much. The move to abandon the Kurds was beyond the pale but that narcissistic tweet is just too much. The problem is that there is absolutely no one who is acceptable for that job.
    There’s no one acceptable. But someone will be in that job regardless. And there is more and less acceptable.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    There’s no one acceptable. But someone will be in that job regardless. And there is more and less acceptable.
    This.

We have what little information we have been given. There might be a time to freak out, but this ain't it. Let's see what happens.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Yes, you're absolutely right. But this, to me, is a stunning turn of events.
    It's 1,000 troops. That's not exactly the vacuum that the media is making it out to be. The Kurds have lost 11,000 troops. This is theater.

The Kurds are our ally. Turkey is our ally, via NATO, that they shouldn't even be a part of. I'll wait for the next move.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom