• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Seems you need to read validation remarks more closely, counselor.

There's a difference between pointing out moral failures and a non-christian telling christians what their christian responsibility is.

One can always do the former.

The latter, sure one can do, but we all know it's not because they embrace christianity, it's an attempt to manipulate christians.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why, when the candidates all have failings, whether policy or morally, a christian voting for Trump is off limits.

Is the argument that if the candidate isn't perfect, christians shouldn't vote? I mean, I know that's the desired outcome of at least some, but....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wouldn't a christian exposing Trump's moral failings to another christian also be an attempt to manipulate a christian?

It seems to me the whole "atheists telling christians what to do" is just another credibility attack. "A christian doesn't need to listen to a non-christian because... well... they're not christian."

It seems some INGOers have spilled bazillions of pixels over the years explaining what Islam is, yet they are not muslim.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Carmen San Diego?

All it takes is a 10 year old to see that Trump is a blatant liar. A 14 year old would be embarrassed at his sexual escapades.

You don't need a Baptist Minister or a Richard Dawkins to point out the problems this man has.

The list of so called Trump lies that have affected my life?

None I can think of.

The list of Obama lies that have affected my life?

You can keep your doctor...

That one alone has cost me thousands...

There are liars and then there are calculating liars.

You seem to forget being 14, or maybe you were a eunuch...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Wouldn't a christian exposing Trump's moral failings to another christian also be an attempt to manipulate a christian?

It seems to me the whole "atheists telling christians what to do" is just another credibility attack. "A christian doesn't need to listen to a non-christian because... well... they're not christian."

It seems some INGOers have spilled bazillions of pixels over the years explaining what Islam is, yet they are not muslim.

I never implied that a christian should not listen to a non-christian. I just want people to understand why people are saying what they are saying when it is said, if that can be discerned. In many cases, it is crystal clear. For instance, when a person who finds fornication not morally objectionable to them, but spends a lot of time talking about Trump's fornication, I kinda doubt that they are trying to help me be a better christian. In fact, I know exactly what they are trying to do.

When 2 people a christian and a non-christian have a personal conversation, that's one thing. When people take to the media and social media to explain to people why they are failures at a religion that the person tweeting abhors....c'mon.

...and I still don't get what any of that has to do with voting for Trump or not? Who should a christian vote for and why? Show your work.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-jeffrey-epstein-amy-robach-buckingham-palace-173025977.html
    Anchor says Buckingham Palace pressure killed ABC's story on Epstein

In a leaked video released Tuesday, ABC News anchor Amy Robach said the network killed her story on wealthy pedophile Jeffrey Epstein under pressure from the British royal family.
    Robach, sitting at the ABC anchor desk but apparently speaking to colleagues off-air, was expressing frustration that the network did not air her 2015 interview with Virginia Giuffre, who said she was coerced into a sexual relationship with Epstein when she was a teenager. Among other men whom she accused of abusing her when she was 17 was Prince Andrew, Queen Elizabeth’s second son.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Yep, the site is translating my words to another language and back again.

It goes beyond the simple christian/non christian dynamic.

tenor.gif

It's purely a manipulative tactic. It's a purity test being applied that they themselves wouldn't stand up to.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Booyah!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yep, the site is translating my words to another language and back again.

It goes beyond the simple christian/non christian dynamic.

tenor.gif

It's purely a manipulative tactic. It's a purity test being applied that they themselves wouldn't stand up to.

I never implied that a christian should not listen to a non-christian. I just want people to understand why people are saying what they are saying when it is said, if that can be discerned. In many cases, it is crystal clear. For instance, when a person who finds fornication not morally objectionable to them, but spends a lot of time talking about Trump's fornication, I kinda doubt that they are trying to help me be a better christian. In fact, I know exactly what they are trying to do.

When 2 people a christian and a non-christian have a personal conversation, that's one thing. When people take to the media and social media to explain to people why they are failures at a religion that the person tweeting abhors....c'mon.

...and I still don't get what any of that has to do with voting for Trump or not? Who should a christian vote for and why? Show your work.

Then what was the point of even bringing this up, then CONTINUING to argue it. (That goes to Kut, too.)

Along those lines, I'll go back to lurking on this particular digression. MANY (definitely a plurality, perhaps even a consensus, maybe a majority of) self-proclaimed evangelicals voted for a man who clearly rejects the morality embraced by that system.

Because reasons.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So you're essentially saying that people outside of particular set of beliefs can't admonish those who hold certain beliefs and don't live up to them? Uhhh.... welcome to INGO, how is your first day going.
    People can still hold and live up to their own personal beliefs while voting in favor of certain policies supported by Trump that affect them.

Trump’s own character flaws have nothing to do with another’s adherence to their own beliefs.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Thou shall not judge or something like that. I find it humorous people talking about trumps morals just recently agreed with Hillary Clinton. Ohhhhh the irony. Or would it be hypocrisy? Meh whatever. Back to the break room

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

How about another analogy (since this is a gun forum after all). A person that has only owned, used, and worked on Glocks might argue with churchmouse that a Glock is better than a 1911. (They'd be wrong, but I digress. ;)) They may even present a reasoned argument as to why they believe that. That the Glock owner can NOT do is to claim that they know better how to work on and fine tune a 1911. That's kind of how I think when I see atheists telling Christians (or persons of any faith) that they're practicing their faith wrong. Same for a Christian telling a Muslim that they're practicing Islam wrong, or a Muslim telling a Jew that they're practicing Judaism wrong. Something about staying in one's lane...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    How about another analogy (since this is a gun forum after all). A person that has only owned, used, and worked on Glocks might argue with churchmouse that a Glock is better than a 1911. (They'd be wrong, but I digress. ;)) They may even present a reasoned argument as to why they believe that. That the Glock owner can NOT do is to claim that they know better how to work on and fine tune a 1911. That's kind of how I think when I see atheists telling Christians (or persons of any faith) that they're practicing their faith wrong. Same for a Christian telling a Muslim that they're practicing Islam wrong, or a Muslim telling a Jew that they're practicing Judaism wrong.

That's an interesting take. So I can't tell ISIS what they are doing is wrong, as I dont adhere to their faith? Or I can't have any claim on interpretation of their text because I'm not a believer?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...self-proclaimed evangelicals voted for a man who clearly rejects the morality embraced by that system.

Because reasons.

Gotta be honest, been voting in Presidential elections since 1992. Can't remember ever voting in the general based upon the personal morality of a candidate rather than the policies he advocates.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I feel like this thread has become a temporal anomaly that intersects GenPol, the various religious threads, and now the 1911talk forum.

Strange days, indeed.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That's an interesting take. So I can't tell ISIS what they are doing is wrong, as I dont adhere to their faith? Or I can't have any claim on interpretation of their text because I'm not a believer?

Thats not what he’s saying. You can’t tell them how they’re following their religion wrong, because you aren’t a part of it. It’s like me never driving a Toyota and telling you how crappy they handle. You don’t follow their religion so who are you to tell them they’re doing it wrong

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gotta be honest, been voting in Presidential elections since 1992. Can't remember ever voting in the general based upon the personal morality of a candidate rather than the policies he advocates.

You should feel bad and not vote in the future for the sake of morals... better yet, vote against that evil person to show your moral superiority.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom