• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think its not fair to avoid saying something about a politician if it isn't that person's own rejection of something that isn't a widely held belief, or isn't even a requirement to not have the position.

Herr Kut disapproves. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think its not fair to avoid saying something about a politician if it isn't that person's own rejection of something that isn't a widely held belief, or isn't even a requirement to not have the position.

ETA:
    That isn't directed at any one INGOer, but rather a commentary on the current discussion.

giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

ETA:
    That isn't directed at any one INGOer, but rather a commentary on the current discussion.

Herr Kut disapproves. I'm still trying to figure this one out.

No one can dispute what he said if it contains no discernable meaning

View attachment 81235

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If one claims to be an evangelical voter, then explain how questioning their vote for Trump makes them an atheist?

What he said is that the people saying Christians shouldn't vote for Trump due to his morals, by and large, aren't christians.

That's all.

I don't know if that's true. However, it seems to me I've been hearing a lot from people who don't claim to be christians, telling christians what they should be doing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What he said is that the people saying Christians shouldn't vote for Trump due to his morals, by and large, aren't christians.

That's all.

I don't know if that's true. However, it seems to me I've been hearing a lot from people who don't claim to be christians, telling christians what they should be doing.

You've inferred WAY too much from that post. There are plenty of people that are neither Christian, nor atheist.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    You've inferred WAY too much from that post. There are plenty of people that are neither Christian, nor atheist.

The meaning of the parts you bolded seemed obvious.

...and yes......so?

Sure, he could have said "a lot" and he could have said "non-christian". Great, we've really advanced the cause........of pedantry.

What evs....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

That's all.

giphy.gif

I don't see evangelicals giving evangelicals grief about voting for Trump.
    I do see a lot of enlightened atheists telling evangelicals "How can you vote for Trump, he's clearly not following Christian values."
    They don't give a **** about morals, it's a shame hammer and it's blatant.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I didn't know it was required to profess a religion to point out moral failures.

See post #747

People without faith are using the faith of others as a hammer to admonish how the people of faith voted since who they voted for does not follow "religious" principles.

It's disingenuous at best.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    See post #747

People without faith are using the faith of others as a hammer to admonish how the people of faith voted since who they voted for does not follow "religious" principles.

It's disingenuous at best.

So you're essentially saying that people outside of particular set of beliefs can't admonish those who hold certain beliefs and don't live up to them? Uhhh.... welcome to INGO, how is your first day going.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So you're essentially saying that people outside of particular set of beliefs can't admonish those who hold certain beliefs and don't live up to them? Uhhh.... welcome to INGO, how is your first day going.

Is the website translating my words to a different language then back again?
    Is that why you are having trouble following along?

No, I'm essentially saying they don't give two ****s about the beliefs other than to use them to try to shame and silence the opposition.

This is not a new concept.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom