• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    How did you read the second part of that post, and not the first? And further, did you forget about you comments concerning Obama? I clearly addressed the president "not taking a salary." Is Bill Barr over there with a black marker making redactions?

My comments regarding Obama? I wasn’t even discussing this until I saw you compare their wealth, and go on about which percentage of their wealth they’ve donated, which wasn’t relative to the discussion at all, unless you’re referring to bad dog saying he couldn’t see obummer donating his presidential salary.

Also, at the top of your comment you say “what’s that like 400k”? Then go on to say Obama donated 1M while in office, and doing the math that’s 5 years salary. 400k X 5 = 1M? :yesway:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My comments regarding Obama? I wasn’t even discussing this until I saw you compare their wealth, and go on about which percentage of their wealth they’ve donated, which wasn’t relative to the discussion at all, unless you’re referring to bad dog saying he couldn’t see obummer donating his presidential salary.

Also, at the top of your comment you say “what’s that like 400k”? Then go on to say Obama donated 1M while in office, and doing the math that’s 5 years salary. 400k X 5 = 1M? :yesway:

Mea Culpa, on the math; my response was in regards to this post, by Nonobaddog:

And yet that is exactly what he is doing. He does not take the Presidential salary. Could you imagine somebody like obummer doing the same thing? No, I can't either, the thought is hilarious.

Am I incorrect to think that "Obummer," is a reference to Obama, and the second part of the post is making a relative comparison.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Mea Culpa, on the math; my response was in regards to this post, by Nonobaddog:

Am I incorrect to think that "Obummer," is a reference to Obama, and the second part of the post is making a relative comparison.

No, you’re correct. Where you’re incorrect was saying it was my comment about Obama. And again, the only part I took issue with is comparing their net worth to the amount they donated. Why should that matter? If trump donates 4 million and Obama 3.8 million, their success shouldn’t factor into that. It’s just grasping at straws to make trump look bad, when it doesn’t. Why does him being more successful have anything to do with donation amounts? He isn’t taking the salary, yet instead of being happy about that you wanna point to his net worth and make it an issue. Sad honestly, you don’t appreciate or give him credit for anything he does.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, you’re correct. Where you’re incorrect was saying it was my comment about Obama. And again, the only part I took issue with is comparing their net worth to the amount they donated. Why should that matter? If trump donates 4 million and Obama 3.8 million, their success shouldn’t factor into that. It’s just grasping at straws to make trump look bad, when it doesn’t. Why does him being more successful have anything to do with donation amounts? He isn’t taking the salary, yet instead of being happy about that you wanna point to his net worth and make it an issue. Sad honestly, you don’t appreciate or give him credit for anything he does.

In this we will disagree. If a pauper give $5 to starving person, I view that more favorably than if a millionaire gave $100 to the same person. It's about sacrifice, and in my opinion, while dollar to dollar the millionaire gave significantly more, his sacrifice is much less, in comparison to the pauper.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The 400k a year salary is peanuts compared to what presidents stand to make with decisions in office and after office. Do you think Trumps net worth will be less after these years of sacrificing the presidential salary? It was a calculated political bit to get elected, knowing full well the wealth in the presidency isn't in the salary. I would be willing to bet the Trump family net worth will have climbed substantially as part of this stint in office.

[But I notice The Perfect One™ didn't elect to decline the money. If it's peanuts is he not revealing himself as the smaller, greedier person?]

Even Obama, with no business knowledge, managed to turn the presidency into a tens of millions of dollars payday.

[This is a positive trait in a president? In what way. i don't believe Trump has set up a pay to play foundation, either]

The money isn't even most important to Trump, it's having his name on TV every day and millions of adoring fans. Think of it this way, if Trump could have best served the country as a no-name bureaucrat working on US trade deals in the shadows and making a huge impact but never getting recognition, do you think he would have ever done it?

You should ask the same question about Obama, or Biden or Warren or ... None of them seem to want to act on a smaller stage. Why do you think that is? Could it be that they're egotistical ***holes that think they know what's best for the country and its people?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    In this we will disagree. If a pauper give $5 to starving person, I view that more favorably than if a millionaire gave $100 to the same person. It's about sacrifice, and in my opinion, while dollar to dollar the millionaire gave significantly more, his sacrifice is much less, in comparison to the pauper.

Maybe so, but does $5 do more to help the starving person than $100 would? I don’t care about ones net worth, I care about the outcome of ones actions. And $100 helps a lot more than $5 does.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Thinking like that leads nowhere good.

CCelBmWWEAAez06.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, I'm clear. Jludo was tripped up on the specifics of his wording. Common sense tells me, that he was implying that Trump always considers his net worth when making decisions, and would, when all things are considered, certainly put himself in the "red" for the benefit of others. He may make certain sacrifices, but those sacrifices will always ensure that he remains making a profit, overall.

Quoted for posterity. Freudian slip?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I thought the Trump brand overall has taken a hit since he took office?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought the Trump brand overall has taken a hit since he took office?

His brand has taken a hit, but due to those wanting to cultivate influence, I doubt his nor his family's pocketbook has taken a hit. After he leaves office, and theres nothing more to be gained from his position, I think we'll see his brand fall on financial hard time.... or maybe not. I can totally see him starting a television station to replace Fox.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    His brand has taken a hit, but due to those wanting to cultivate influence, I doubt his nor his family's pocketbook has taken a hit. After he leaves office, and theres nothing more to be gained from his position, I think we'll see his brand fall on financial hard time.... or maybe not. I can totally see him starting a television station to replace Fox.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started one when he was still in office.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Facinating idea...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

What good does the sacrifice do? It is the donation/contribution/gift that does the good.
    Ask any charity which will do the most good, $5 or $100.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Are you insinuating that the Trump family is taking a play out of the Clinton playbook and benefiting financially from “those wanting to cultivate influence”?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What good does the sacrifice do? It is the donation/contribution/gift that does the good.
    Ask any charity which will do the most good, $5 or $100.

Which would you rather defend during judgement?

"Lord, I gave enough to get the maximum tax deduction"

or

"Lord, I gave all that I could afford"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom