Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    STOP EVERYTHING.

I was promised (by someone, somewhere) that this whole impeachment thing would bring the House to a standstill. Gridlock. No damage to be done while fixated on Sir Orange-a-lot.

But no.

The House actually passed a law. A criminal law. A FELONY criminal law. A FEDERAL FELONY CRIMINAL LAW.

They passed a law criminalizing animal cruelty at the federal level.

https://www.wthr.com/article/us-house-passes-bill-making-animal-cruelty-federal-felony

Gimme a stinkin' break.

Not everything needs to be a federal felony.

I wonder how long it will take the Senate to pass it.

Is the Senate still accepting mail from the House and, if so, why?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm in Pittsburgh right now and the office I'm at had a lot of cancelled appointments because the president is in town and a bunch of the streets downtown are being shutdown. I'm guessing it's mostly just people who see 'Trump in town, streets shutdown' on the news who aren't even trying to navigate around it and just cancelling but still Ironic that a jobs president visiting a town causes losses for local business'. That never crossed my mind before.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    STOP EVERYTHING.

I was promised (by someone, somewhere) that this whole impeachment thing would bring the House to a standstill. Gridlock. No damage to be done while fixated on Sir Orange-a-lot.

But no.

The House actually passed a law. A criminal law. A FELONY criminal law. A FEDERAL FELONY CRIMINAL LAW.

https://www.wthr.com/article/us-house-passes-bill-making-animal-cruelty-federal-felony

Gimme a stinkin' break.

At least congress has been in extreme slow motion for the last three years. That helps minimize their damage done.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm in Pittsburgh right now and the office I'm at had a lot of cancelled appointments because the president is in town and a bunch of the streets downtown are being shutdown. I'm guessing it's mostly just people who see 'Trump in town, streets shutdown' on the news who aren't even trying to navigate around it and just cancelling but still Ironic that a jobs president visiting a town causes losses for local business'. That never crossed my mind before.

I was once stranded over an hour on a major interstate waiting for Clinton and his entourage to pass by the over-pass that I could see ahead of me. Color me less than enthused.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    STOP EVERYTHING.

But no.

Gimme a stinkin' break.

If you don't think cruelty to animals should be a federal crime......you're just a big meanie.

Seriously, who's gonna vote no on that once it comes to a vote?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    STOP EVERYTHING.

But no.

Gimme a stinkin' break.

I actually have no problem with that law. But I like animals. I like some animals more than I like some people.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    STOP EVERYTHING.

But no.

Gimme a stinkin' break.

Interesting... will have to read the bill and see if pest control (chipper dippers and snap traps) will soon be a felony...

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    So now the FBI will be investigating everyone who leaves their dog locked in their car or left outside in the cold ?

Yeah, it's not well written as the definition of abuse in the bill is too narrow while the crime of "crushing" that it creates is too broad. Fixing those makes it almost unenforceable on the federal level as the Feds would be swamped locking up a large part of the certain farming communities and chasing rural and inner city dog owners and breeders.

Oh and...
    It shall be unlawful for any person to purposely engage in animal crushing in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce
    tell me again how the interstate commerce act is not completely bastardized.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah, it's not well written as the definition of abuse in the bill is too narrow while the crime of "crushing" that it creates is too broad. Fixing those makes it almost unenforceable on the federal level as the Feds would be swamped locking up a large part of the certain farming communities and chasing rural and inner city dog owners and breeders.

Oh and...

tell me again how the interstate commerce act is not abused...

Is "crushing" a common practice amongst animal farmers and inner city dog breeders? I mean, unless you're producing cow or pit bull smoothies...

Bottom line for me is, people that abuse animals (I'm not talking about farmers - I love me some meat, or pest control - mice and rats, etc.) deserve no mercy and should indeed be incarcerated.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    likely aimed at trapping

There are already laws on the books concerning trapping, so that's a non-starter. I think (hope) that this law is directed at those who abuse typical "pet" animals, and not necessarily "commerce" animals. Who was the NFL player that was running a dog fighting deal? Yeah... people like that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom