Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I use a number of different variations in how I list my name so I can tell who sold me out

That's kinda what I do with my email address. I'm not sure what feature that's called or maybe it's a serendipitous bug, but with gmail, you can append a '+' to the local part of your email address followed by some text that you can use to make any number of unique email addresses you want that resolve to the same account. I often use it for testing at work when it requires using many unique live email addresses.

In my home life I use it to encode who I give the email address to. Say my email is osusucksass@gmail.com and xyz bank requires my email address when I sign up. So I might give them osusucksass+xyzbank@gmail.com. It still resolves to my email account, so I get any emails sent to it. When I receive spam sent to osusucksass+xyzbank@gmail.com I know that xyz bank sold my ****ing email.

Obviously spaces don't work. But neither do other special characters that are normally allowed in email addresses. So it seems to work only with alphanumeric characters.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wow you are right! The Gap was much smaller then.

Trump will never beat clinton! Just look at this prediction!!

n_maddow_dlandslide_160809.jpg

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Trillions spent on a virus that wasn't the Plague of Moses.
    Indecisive response to ongoing protests.

Kinda says that maybe Trump can't hit his rather large ass with either hand.

It isn't that Joe is the right guy. It's that he's not Trump and the election is 5 months away.
    While true, do you think he has been worse than the Democratic Governors and Mayors that have been so heavy handed in their handling of it?

Seems to me that the trillions was more congress. In fact we were told it needed to be more by a certain segment.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes, for this reason. At least with the democrats, they stick to message. I know what to expect.

Trump and his tweets along with his stream of consciousness press conferences made me groan more than once.

While true, do you think he has been worse than the Democratic Governors and Mayors that have been so heavy handed in their handling of it?

Seems to me that the trillions was more congress. In fact we were told it needed to be more by a certain segment.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, for this reason. At least with the democrats, they stick to message. I know what to expect.

Trump and his tweets along with his stream of consciousness press conferences made me groan more than once.

I know you're excited but ... TMI

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trillions spent on a virus that wasn't he Plague of Moses.
    Indecisive response to ongoing protests.

Kinda says that maybe Trump can't hit his rather large ass with either hand.

It isn't that Joe is the right guy. It's that he's not Trump and the election is 5 months away.

I don't think it's fair to put all that blame on Trump. The states formed their own policies according to the NIH's and CDC's recommendations. Probably NY would have gone much better if instead of trying to score political points by being opposed to whatever Trump said, he would have started implementing the CDC's recommendations sooner.

It's appropriate for a president to defer to the advice of the experts, which it appears Trump did. In fact Trump has been criticized for not following the experts' advice on various things. So now, Trump gets the blame for following experts advice? Can't have it both ways.

As far as wisdom of spending trillions on it, that's a fair point. Trump had as much say as the legislative branch on it. He signed it. But then those facts sort of make invalid any claims that it's all at Trump's feet, or that he was any more foolish than anyone in the decision tree. I think you could say Trump was a fool for saying stupid **** on twitter. He owns that. As far as what he did, following the advice of the experts does not make him foolish. It just made him wrong in hindsight to a large extent. It did cause a lot of deaths within a very short time. We made a lot of mistakes because we didn't know enough about it, but yet decisions were to be made before we had the knowledge to make the right decisions. You'd think going with the "experts" would improve our chances.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow. You know. I mean. Sometimes people gotta die. You have a utopia to build. Can't let anything stop you from imposing your will on people.

Oh, Stalin was absolutely devious. And, in a defining moment of his lifetime, disappeared when Hitler invaded. Like, IIRC, it was about 2 weeks that he wasn't seen in public. His paranoia also meant that there weren't any real leaders available to take his place. The movie "Death of Stalin" mocks it, but as with most good satire, there's an element of truth to it.

His talent, if you want to call it that, was being able to see opportunities most people didn't see, and taking advantage of them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't think it's fair to put all that blame on Trump. The states formed their own policies according to the NIH's and CDC's recommendations. Probably NY would have gone much better if instead of trying to score political points by being opposed to whatever Trump said, he would have started implementing the CDC's recommendations sooner.

It's appropriate for a president to defer to the advice of the experts, which it appears Trump did. In fact Trump has been criticized for not following the experts' advice on various things. So now, Trump gets the blame for following experts advice? Can't have it both ways.

As far as wisdom of spending trillions on it, that's a fair point. Trump had as much say as the legislative branch on it. He signed it. But then those facts sort of make invalid any claims that it's all at Trump's feet, or that he was any more foolish than anyone in the decision tree. I think you could say Trump was a fool for saying stupid **** on twitter. He owns that. As far as what he did, following the advice of the experts does not make him foolish. It just made him wrong in hindsight to a large extent. It did cause a lot of deaths within a very short time. We made a lot of mistakes because we didn't know enough about it, but yet decisions were to be made before we had the knowledge to make the right decisions. You'd think going with the "experts" would improve our chances.

NYC yes, NY not really. If Trump could communicate like Cuomo, the Republicans would be much better off come November. As far as the Trillions, Trump's Treasury Secretary had a huge role in negotiating that deal and signed off on it. The Republican Senate played the role of checks and balances and forced the HoR's hand to pass it. The Republicans own that bill more than the democrats.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    NYC yes, NY not really. If Trump could communicate like Cuomo, the Republicans would be much better off come November. As far as the Trillions, Trump's Treasury Secretary had a huge role in negotiating that deal and signed off on it. The Republican Senate played the role of checks and balances and forced the HoR's hand to pass it. The Republicans own that bill more than the democrats.
    Own it in that it is smaller than it might have been?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

More stupid **** on twitter.

Radical Left Governor @JayInslee and the Mayor of Seattle are being taunted and played at a level that our great Country has never seen before. Take back your city NOW. If you don’t do it, I will. This is not a game. These ugly Anarchists must be stooped IMMEDIATELY. MOVE FAST!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 11, 2020

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So we apply the same to Antifa? If they take make a statement we get to take out one sentence? What a weird standard to apply to people.

Doesn't anyone believe you are absolutely accountable anymore or is every thing so relative that if those guys do it then I have an excuse to do the same.

If he took this one sentence out: "If you don’t do it, I will."

Would he be wrong? I don't think so. I think he'd be spot on.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oh, Stalin was absolutely devious. And, in a defining moment of his lifetime, disappeared when Hitler invaded. Like, IIRC, it was about 2 weeks that he wasn't seen in public. His paranoia also meant that there weren't any real leaders available to take his place. The movie "Death of Stalin" mocks it, but as with most good satire, there's an element of truth to it.

His talent, if you want to call it that, was being able to see opportunities most people didn't see, and taking advantage of them.

So, you're saying 4D chess?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So we apply the same to Antifa? If they take make a statement we get to take out one sentence? What a weird standard to apply to people.

Doesn't anyone believe you are absolutely accountable anymore or is every thing so relative that if those guys do it then I have an excuse to do the same.

I'm just trying to figure out what (other than that one sentence, which is basically just Trump's usual bluster) is so objectionable about that tweet. I think Trump is trying to goad the democrats in charge of these places like Seattle into acting like leaders instead of bowing down and giving up their cities to the anarchists. By saying "If you don't do it, I will", he's basically doing what a parent might do to a spoiled child. And that's exactly what the democrats in charge (and I use that term loosely) there are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More stupid **** on twitter.

Inartfully stated, sure. The city of Seattle doesn't seem all that interested in trying to take it back and rescuing the residents and business owners there. Hearing from the chief of police that the number of 911 calls they get reporting rapes is up 300% is very concerning. I think a lot of people didn't ask for this occupation. They have a right to equal protection of the law and the City of Seattle has failed to provide that. I'd be okay with it if the fed went in their and ****ed up Antifastan, but only in a way that is safest for the residents. Maybe it's time to use water cannons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I kinda don't mind if you leave that sentence in. Those people are being oppressed and the city and state governments aren't doing anything to fix it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom