jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    See: Whiskey Rebellion

:scratch: The Washington state government and the Seattle city government were on board with this from the start. The residents of the city blocks that make up Antifastan are on board with this. The Whiskey Rebellion was an insurrection against a federal act. Where's the insurrection here?

This is a bunch of freaks LARPing their fantasy revolution. Within hours of establishing their borders, they became an unaccountable, orders of magnitude more authoritarion version of what they're protesting. Someone having to tell their self-appointed "authorities" to stop choking a "suspect" just one harmonic of a wondrous chorus of ironies. Instead of sending tanks we should be laughing out loud at them.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :scratch: The Washington state government and the Seattle city government were on board with this from the start. The residents of the city blocks that make up Antifastan are on board with this. The Whiskey Rebellion was an insurrection against a federal act. Where's the insurrection here?

This is a bunch of freaks LARPing their fantasy revolution. Within hours of establishing their borders, they became an unaccountable, orders of magnitude more authoritarion version of what they're protesting. Someone having to tell their self-appointed "authorities" to stop choking a "suspect" just one harmonic of a wondrous chorus of ironies. Instead of sending tanks we should be laughing out loud at them.

You draw the wrong inference. You asked me what I wanted done, I cited an example where the militia was used to enforce order. A similar strategy today would likely enlist many volunteers

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We'll probably never know if this is true, but man I hope not.

Bolton book excerpt in WSJ: In June 2019, Xi "explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. ... Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do."

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Meanwhile...

EavUKAlXQAA8GgR

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know it's common to screech about Roberts and call him a closet progressive... but that's just not accurate. It's more accurate to say the Trump admin is not very good at administrative law.

They've racked up a pretty bad win-loss record on deregulatory court fights - 6 wins and 79 losses.

Not saying anything bad, because it really is a shame that it's so hard to shrink government.

https://policyintegrity.org/trump-court-roundup

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I know it's common to screech about Roberts and call him a closet progressive... but that's just not accurate. It's more accurate to say the Trump admin is not very good at administrative law.

They've racked up a pretty bad win-loss record on deregulatory court fights - 6 wins and 79 losses.

Not saying anything bad, because it really is a shame that it's so hard to shrink government.

https://policyintegrity.org/trump-court-roundup

Welp...

zq3mdN6.png

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Was that the video of the faked CNN chyron?

Well, it was manipulated.

But, ironically, Trump was manipulating the larger media with it, too - including Twitter.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We'll probably never know if this is true, but man I hope not.

Bolton book excerpt in WSJ: In June 2019, Xi "explained to Trump why he was basically building concentration camps in Xinjiang. ... Trump said that Xi should go ahead with building the camps, which Trump thought was exactly the right thing to do."

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1274827738403176452

Dammit.

BREAKING: Trump confirms in an interview with Axios that he held off on imposing sanctions against Chinese officials involved with the Xinjiang mass detention camps because doing so would have interfered with his trade deal with Beijing

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I keep war gaming and bouncing solutions off of people, debating possible resolutions to this conflict, and I've come to the conclusion that there's 1 way out of this.

War, not a small one, but one with a major power.

China would be the easiest to get public support for attacking.

So you fire up the propaganda machine. You make the public realize that China is operating, effectively, slavery in Africa to mine for resources, plundering the continent.
    China is operating an industrial scale genocide against Muslims.
    China is buying off our allies, and buying out all the ports in Europe.
    China is threatening allies with economically devastating sanctions if they do not bow down to the CCP and worship them.
    China has been making aggressive expansionist moves into the pacific, threatening our allies and our national security.
    China created COVID-19 that has killed 120k Americans so far, and has absolutely abolished our rapidly expanding economy, and is responsible for the pain everyone went through with the lockdowns.
    And lastly, China is manipulating our media, and stoking the fires of the riots.

I figure with enough effort in propaganda, you can get a majority of the public to forget all about these riots and protests and demand a formal invasion of mainland China. And unlike Iraq, this would actually serve our interests.

As for military action, China would collapse in short order even with modest attacks as long as we could keep ICBMs from flying.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    But it is the dumocraps that control mainstream media - what side would they be on?

If they start siding with China on the conflict, I bet it won't be too hard to produce documents of them conspiring with the CCP for legal rights to do stories and spread news in China.

Hmm, wonder what aiding an enemy of the United States during war time would mean...

P.S. I'm not saying this is a morally great plan, nor am I saying it is the most virtuous plan, but I do not see an alternative that doesn't involve lots of American killing other Americans.
    This should have caused a media blackout, and should have been quickly shut down because of how volatile things are in the country due to the lockdown and economic situation. It wasn't, and now our options for finding the light at the end of the tunnel have evaporated.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Prez retweeting two videos of black-on-white violence.

His commentary is little more than "hey look at this."

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275256115710885889
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275255772709031936

If the media wanted to go with "Trump fanning racial hatred in America"... would you have a hard time disagreeing?

Though I'm sure his goal is just to get people to react, which will bring more attention to the videos. At least it wasn't the @POTUS account...

It's about the campaign.

That strategy worked by taking statistically minuscule examples of illegal immigrant violence and leveraging that into a full blown anti-immigration election winner.

Divide and conquer has been a legitimate strategy for thousands of years.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I figure with enough effort in propaganda, you can get a majority of the public to forget all about these riots and protests and demand a formal invasion of mainland China. And unlike Iraq, this would actually serve our interests.

As for military action, China would collapse in short order even with modest attacks as long as we could keep ICBMs from flying.

What are you using for your wargaming, a 12d and saving throws?

We don't have the resources, the allies, nor the national will to do that. Maybe this is more for the WWIII thread, but by the time China collapsed, we'd have lost thousands of our military, billions in materiel, and gained nothing.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    It's about the campaign.

That strategy worked by taking statistically minuscule examples of illegal immigrant violence and leveraging that into a full blown anti-immigration election winner.

Lets all sing kumbaya and join hands with the violent and criminal in out midst.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    It's about the campaign.

So, basically: "One man's death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom