• Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You're getting way off base.
    To draw any stalin comparisons requires killing cabinet members.

Before he took over, he was in charge of personnel. No one else wanted the job.

So, he put his friends into important positions in exchange for their loyalty. By the time Lenin died, very few rivals even needed to be killed.

And yeah, that trajectory might have more in common with the Clintons. ;)

Again, it probably was unclear given my anti-Trump position, but I'm actually not saying he is or governs like Stalin. In terms of personality, I do see similarities.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    "You must spread some rep around blablabla".

source.gif

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Trillions spent on a virus that wasn't the Plague of Moses.
    Indecisive response to ongoing protests.

Kinda says that maybe Trump can't hit his rather large ass with either hand.

It isn't that Joe is the right guy. It's that he's not Trump and the election is 5 months away.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Trillions spent on a virus that wasn't the Plague of Moses.
    Indecisive response to ongoing protests.

Kinda says that maybe Trump can't hit his rather large ass with either hand.

It isn't that Joe is the right guy. It's that he's not Trump and the election is 5 months away.
    I don't think you can lay the response to the plague or the rioting on Trump. No matter what he wanted to do, he was stymied at every turn. Wanted to close the borders, got criticized for being racist and xenophobic. A month later he's criticized for not closing the borders. Authorizes (but does not use) the use of the military to help maintain order, and he's criticized for being a totalitarian. Then he gets criticized for not doing enough to quell the violence? C'mon.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    :scratch:

T.Lex. First there's the incoherent "systemic racism" stuff, and now the biggest question in your mind about Trump is whether he's more like Stalin or Lenin? Should I worry?

That aside, I've often wondered what candidates do with their mailing lists. I try not to land on their mailing lists. I don't tend to donate money to political candidates. I've ended up on some mailing lists where I suspect it may have been the NRA or some other group I might have supported. But anyway, I kinda thought campaigns just give their mailing lists to their party. But it does seem reasonable to suspect that campaigns may just treat email lists like any other asset and liquidate them after the campaign is over.

I use a number of different variations in how I list my name so I can tell who sold me out

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I don't think you can lay the response to the plague or the rioting on Trump. No matter what he wanted to do, he was stymied at every turn. Wanted to close the borders, got criticized for being racist and xenophobic. A month later he's criticized for not closing the borders. Authorizes (but does not use) the use of the military to help maintain order, and he's criticized for being a totalitarian. Then he gets criticized for not doing enough to quell the violence? C'mon.

Maybe not Alpo will. But after reading about how dumb the electorate is I'm not so sure about the rest of the country

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Glad to see you realize it will be Trump in a landslide. See: Nixon in '72

Law and order or anarchy; not a hard choice to make, really

Define landslide so I know how many points are given me and I may take you up on a bet

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Reading through this thread today has really inspired me. I think I'll write an alternative history of trump in early 20th century Russia. I just want to get a head count of how many people may read it to see if it's worth my time. Any takers?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

The president is or in the past has been, the person the citizens and the world looks to in times of crisis. He is the outward expression of our angst, hopes and empathy. Some presidents have been more effective than others at it. In the case of the current man in the White House...his combative nature and tweeting work against him in the most egregious of ways.

His messaging in 2020 sucks. No one can really defend him on that. He is now confronted by two of the most significant crises in his presidency. So far, he's done a miserable job communicating. You can't blame it on the press. They are his tweets and his press conferences.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DoggyDaddy again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Before he took over, he was in charge of personnel. No one else wanted the job.

So, he put his friends into important positions in exchange for their loyalty. By the time Lenin died, very few rivals even needed to be killed.

And yeah, that trajectory might have more in common with the Clintons. ;)

Again, it probably was unclear given my anti-Trump position, but I'm actually not saying he is or governs like Stalin. In terms of personality, I do see similarities.

Wow. You know. I mean. Sometimes people gotta die. You have a utopia to build. Can't let anything stop you from imposing your will on people.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom