Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ooh, some of that extremist attitude on the other side, too

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1049638926959472640

Hillary: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about. That's why I believe if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

Sounds a lot like a 2-year old telling you they'll behave when you give them what they want.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It would be interesting to compare the Giuliani cohort indictments to the Manafort indictments as it relates to the Ukrainian players. My sense is - just kinda from memory - that they were supported by/supporting different factions within the Ukrainian drama.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Team Bolton basically coming into the open about concerns over Giuliani and Ukraine policy.

This is going to get bumpier, but I'm not sure how much the public will really care. It'll include a bunch of "inside baseball" type stuff.

Trumper and anti-trumpets will view Bolton in whichever way their partisan viewpoints tell them. But the people in the middle, this may be something that sways opinions.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    wait so you can dish it, but not take it?

EG3VqRGWwAUqUIo

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Ooh, some of that extremist attitude on the other side, too

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1049638926959472640

Hillary: "You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about. That's why I believe if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

Sounds a lot like a 2-year old telling you they'll behave when you give them what they want.

I'm no fan of Hillary, but she has a valid point. It's been uncivilized since Newt was in charge. The GOP has had more than enough time to be the "bigger man" and de-escalate. Ailes, Rush et al have been very strident over those years of hyping EVERYTHING they possibly can. The democrats are just as bad. But, if it is as you say, someone needs to be the adults in the room with those 2 year olds. I don't see that as happening on your side of the aisle. And it has been that way for decades.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm no fan of Hillary, but she has a valid point. It's been uncivilized since Newt was in charge. The GOP has had more than enough time to be the "bigger man" and de-escalate. Ailes, Rush et al have been very strident over those years of hyping EVERYTHING they possibly can. The democrats are just as bad. But, if it is as you say, someone needs to be the adults in the room with those 2 year olds. I don't see that as happening on your side of the aisle. And it has been that way for decades.

I have got to find the keys to one of those alternate universes someday.

In my universe the name Bork was made a verb by Democrats. A good man that never said a bad thing about the press or opponents but was called all manor of vile names was GWB. Then McCain, a war hero was given the treatment. A woman named Palin, a successful governor, was called dumb and a host of unmentionable names that feminists said not a word about was given the treatment. Then a successful businessman, liberal governor, and generally nice guy, was called a Nazi and was so distorted as to be unrecognizable, named Romney, tried to win the left over to no avail.

That is the incubator that created Trump, because he fights back at what so many were just sick and tired of seeing the left in this country do to good and honorable people. His fights in the primary were an audition of how he would fight back at the left if elected and he has delivered the fight to the left he campaigned he would.

Rush and Ailes were at the forefront of breaking the establishment media hold on information and the left despises them for it. After years of following Rush he is very prescient about the direction the left will go. Things he projected in the 90's have come to pass.

Please give me directions to your alternate universe...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the past sure, now, not so much. If people want to play the game, the rules should be for everybody. I now defer from precedent to not illegal.

That's a convenient standard. What I'm getting at. It would be a lot better for everyone if more people would just adopt a consistent standard of just seeking what's true and what's not, and especially, not do things just to annoy. Vengeful satiation might give some temporary feels, but it's not helpful in the long run. But. I mean if you're bored...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Financial crisis caused by elimination of Glass-Steagall and programs like the community reinvestment act: Both parties own it.
    WMD's and Iraq War: Bush & Cheney and let's not forget the formation of insurgent groups as a result of no plan in Iraq after victory.
    Romney is/was a good man, but as a significant player in Bain Capital, he earned a great amount of mistrust in an election in the middle of a financial crisis.
    Palin? Dumb as a rock. Bad choice by McCain and he admitted it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wait. What? If she had a point, I mean, a valid one, then what she said back in 2018 before the midterm election, would be true today. She said that civility could start again if they one the house and/or the senate. They DID win back the house. So how's civility now? Better? Really?

I have 3 letters for you on bringing back civility: A. O. C. "People are literally dying." "The world will end in just 10 years."

I have a name for you: Rashida Tlaib. "We're going to impeach the mother****er."

Just a sample of the Democrats who are ushering in that age of civility. I hate to break it to you, but the Democratic Party is not the party you belonged to in the past. Generally peace is won when the opposition is annihilated, which seems like the left wants to do. Why else call everyone who disagrees with bat**** crazy policies Nazis? Why else claim that disagreeing with the world they propose "literally violence"? Why else should they work so hard to end free speech?

I don't want a Republican utopia either. I really don't care for the world the alt-right, or the world chamber-o-commerce Republican's propose either. But they're not currently trying to eliminate everyone who disagree with them, by any means necessary. In fact, they don't have an organization literally called By Any Means Necessary, which is a violent pro-communism activist org. Republicans don't have an Antifa equivalent which Democrats tacitly support as "#resistance". Only the most fringe right wingers support any kind of right wing hate group. Republicans at least can tell how far is too far. Doesn't look to me like many democrats can tell that for their side. Hillary isn't any different. The only point she has is on the end of her ****ing witch hat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Financial crisis caused by elimination of Glass-Steagall and programs like the community reinvestment act: Both parties own it.
    WMD's and Iraq War: Bush & Cheney and let's not forget the formation of insurgent groups as a result of no plan in Iraq after victory.
    Romney is/was a good man, but as a significant player in Bain Capital, he earned a great amount of mistrust in an election in the middle of a financial crisis.
    Palin? Dumb as a rock. Bad choice by McCain and he admitted it.

Financial crisis was mostly Democrats and squishy Neocons trying to give loans to people who couldn't afford them. Sure. If packaging that stuff in ways less detectable by investors were illegal, maybe bad debt wouldn't have been so attractive. True that both parties own it. It's silly to sit here and say, well, at least the Republicans own less responsibility than the Democrats. GWF-ingB could have said, no, **** you, we're not going to continue Democrat's policy of guaranteeing mortgages for people who can't afford them. Turns out, Neocons like to virtue-signal too.

Iraq War, Yeah, Republicans own most of that. But only most. Democrats own some of it because the big dick in charge prior didn't take it seriously and thought bombing $100 tents in the desert with $1M missiles was an effective deterrent.

Palin? Dumb as a rock? Fact check: true.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I see Republicans and neutrals willing to give honest evaluations of the way things are according to their opinion. This includes admitting faults on both sides.
    I don't see dumocraps doing that honesty thing. They never seem to get honest enough to admit some of their leaders are bat-**** crazy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I see Republicans and neutrals willing to give honest evaluations of the way things are according to their opinion. This includes admitting faults on both sides.
    I don't see dumocraps doing that honesty thing. They never seem to get honest enough to admit some of their leaders are bat-**** crazy.

Seriously though, the same can be said about the other. There's some bat****tery on both sides, but yes, primarily the left has the biggest problem right now. It's crystal clear that the far left runs the party now. The press has also moved pretty far left. I think we're starting to see that the more they reveal the details of the world they're trying to create, people seem to be opting out of the craziest parts at least.

It was a big shocker to see Ellen Degeneres push back so hard on the Woke Twitteratti lynch mob like she did. There are a few other noteworthy lefties as well that seem to be noticing that their side have gone crazy. Mostly from commedy though. Bill Maher is ripping the far left. I think it's because the comedians are the first to see that the new world being proposed doesn't have room for edgy humor, their bread and butter. Maybe as more and more lefties see a higher resolution picture of this new world the crazies are making, they'll see that it's not a world compatible with the pursuit of happiness. It's just nothing but anger.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    A ****ing headline news story about a hashtag "DeleteFacebook"

What sparked this hashtag you ask?

A rumor that Mark Zuckerburg had dinner with someone.

Who could be so bad to influence Facebook users to want to leave the company? The company that already sells their data... spies on them... It must be really bad.

It's...

Republicans.

Jesus Christ. A news story about a hashtag about deleting facebook accounts because Mark had dinner with Republicans.

That's how insane people are. How unthinkable is it that someone talks to your political opposites

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, if you believe that Republicans are literally Hitler, then that makes Zuckerberg Chamberlain, at least, if not Quisling

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    A ****ing headline news story about a hashtag "DeleteFacebook"

What sparked this hashtag you ask?

A rumor that Mark Zuckerburg had dinner with someone.

Who could be so bad to influence Facebook users to want to leave the company? The company that already sells their data... spies on them... It must be really bad.

It's...

Republicans.

Jesus Christ. A news story about a hashtag about deleting facebook accounts because Mark had dinner with Republicans.

That's how insane people are. How unthinkable is it that someone talks to your political opposites

In presumably one of the freest societies ever we are on the precipice of being destroyed by technology and unchecked political correctness. How we stop this insanity I do not know, but freedom loving people of all beliefs better wake up soon. A guy tweets support for freedom protestors I'm Hong Kong and Lebron wants him fired.

The mob is watching us all...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

*.*

Is it any wonder I've got too much time on my hands?
    It's ticking away with my sanity
    I've got too much time on my hands
    It's hard to believe such a calamity
    I've got too much time on my hands
    And it's ticking away, ticking away from me
    Too much time on my hands
    (It's t-t-t-t-ticking away)
    (And I don't know what to do with myself)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom