• Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What did he tweet now

I glance over at Tweetdeck and see journos asking Twitter to ban Trump for accusing someone of murder

What

Haiku. You're doing it wrong.
    --------------------------

What did he tweet now
    Accusations of murder
    Journos want banning

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    He may be tweeting the truth?

28 old intern no symptoms of anything medically wrong, has heart issue not a heart attack according to a sketchy ME.
    Falls hits head on desk after everyone else has left the office not found until the next day.

Here is Joe Scarborough joking about it!

https://youtu.be/26WwTu28Ido

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This person is the “head of site integrity” at Twitter

EY_O9Y4X0AE7Igu

EY_O9Y4XYAEVBnQ

EY_O9Y6XkAA3BwT

EY_O9Y4XYAIp86Q

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    INGO 2019 - JAMES MATTIS FOR PRESIDENT, MAD DOG YOLO 420, BRO IS HARDCORE BADASS

INGO 2020 - omg mattis is a nevertrumper rhino liberal
    C’mon man. You left out TDS.

And I’m not saying that Mattis doesn’t have at least a little TDS. That’s what I found least rational about his rant, to lay the blame for the violence at Trump’s feet. Antifa owns that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In other news, Hoosier Trump supporters can find much solace in the primaries.

All the Dem votes aggregated hit ~403k. Trump himself got ~455k. Bill Weld drew ~39k. Which, going against a popular incumbent may be a good number, but even if every Weld voter votes for Biden (they won't) and every Dem voter votes for Biden (they won't), that still only gets to ~442k. Biden's best day in Indiana doesn't get him there.

Now, it isn't all roses and lollipops. Trump got almost 600k and Cruz got almost 400k. So, we had alot more people voting that cycle. On the Dem side, Sanders won with ~335k while HRC got ~303k. (Sanders only got ~57k this cycle.)

It does suggest that there's probably a million or so general election votes up for grabs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump's rhetoric purchased title to some portion of the violence, too.

Trump's rhetoric is largely hyperbolized by the media, and often mischaracterized. In this age of taking in information, and then immediately consulting your own side for what to think about it, that's important. Trump has largely gained a reputation as a racist and a fascist, without actually earning it himself. And I'm not saying that some of the violence has nothing to do with his twitter feed. A lot of people and organizations share at least a little responsibility. But Mattis laid it at the feet of Trump and I think that's a mistaken opinion.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

All the Dem votes aggregated hit ~403k. Trump himself got ~455k. Bill Weld drew ~39k. Which, going against a popular incumbent may be a good number, but even if every Weld voter votes for Biden (they won't) and every Dem voter votes for Biden (they won't), that still only gets to ~442k. Biden's best day in Indiana doesn't get him there.

Now, it isn't all roses and lollipops. Trump got almost 600k and Cruz got almost 400k. So, we had alot more people voting that cycle. On the Dem side, Sanders won with ~335k while HRC got ~303k. (Sanders only got ~57k this cycle.)

It does suggest that there's probably a million or so general election votes up for grabs.

This is a very different circumstance though. Trump was competing. In this primary it's just a formality. And that's the case for both sides. The primary is, for all practical purposes, done nationwide. Trump's nomination was never in doubt.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is a very different circumstance though. Trump was competing. In this primary it's just a formality. And that's the case for both sides. The primary is, for all practical purposes, done nationwide. Trump's nomination was never in doubt.

Of course. And neither is Biden's. I see it more as a sampling-type poll. The fair presumption is that the general-only voters will vote in roughly the same ratios as the primary voters. That's a big assumption, of course, but I think it is fair. It may be close, but I don't see any significant risk that Indiana will go blue in November.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

As they say, that's why they play the game.

Do not think there is much to extrapolate from any of those numbers.

A significant portion of society was doing very well before all of this rapid fire crisis. It is becoming apparent to them that these crisis are being at least used, if not driven, as election year wedges. They are already exhausted and it is 5 months from the vote...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom