Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Just curious...anyone claiming that Trump is orchestrating things to cancel the election and stay in office?

Only multiple pages of "stories of terror" from the usual suspects.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+cancel+election

I've heard that, but usually in an encouraging way from a couple Trump supporters.

They seemed serious.

I ignored it.

giphy.gif

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just curious...anyone claiming that Trump is orchestrating things to cancel the election and stay in office?
    Not sure about that. I’m more sure that the Democrat leadership and the MSM are trying to politically orchestrate things to get him removed.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I saw several social media posts from what I would describe as "Trump supporters" trolling people about cancelling the election, but it was pretty clear to me that trolling was what it was.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think there is a subset of Trump support that figures: a) he should win anyway, and b) they think he's doing great - so the election is a formality that can be sacrificed.

I don't do the Book of Face, and not even much twitter anymore, but I'm sure there's trolling going on, too.

YMMV.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If Fauci really has been sidelined, that's a bad political move.

He had the most credibility of the people delivering the message, IMHO.

What makes you think he's been sidelined? He was just with the President in this evening's address. I've not heard anything of him being "sidelined". :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If Fauci really has been sidelined, that's a bad political move.

He had the most credibility of the people delivering the message, IMHO.

From yesterday

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...cant_imagine_anybody_could_be_doing_more.html
    Fauci: The Response Of Trump Admin Has Been Impressive, I Can't Imagine Anybody Could Be Doing More

Dr. Anthony Fauci says the White House Coronavirus Task Force is working around the clock to fight the coronavirus outbreak in an interview with Mark Levin on FNC's 'Life, Liberty & Levin.' Fauci said Trump has never challenged him on the science of coronavirus on 'Life, Liberty & Levin.'

Perhaps Dr Fauci has more important things to do than give the press a cookie. Perhaps you would want to 'fact check' this? If he was about to be 'sidelined' maybe you could count his eyeblinks in the attached video to see if he is signaling in morse code :rolleyes:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    From yesterday

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...cant_imagine_anybody_could_be_doing_more.html
    Fauci: The Response Of Trump Admin Has Been Impressive, I Can't Imagine Anybody Could Be Doing More

Perhaps Dr Fauci has more important things to do than give the press a cookie. Perhaps you would want to 'fact check' this? If he was about to be 'sidelined' maybe you could count his eyeblinks in the attached video to see if he is signaling in morse code :rolleyes:

I'm a little worried about T.Lex. He went off on his hiatus and since he's been back he's been... different. I wonder if "they" got him. I'm guessing either through "probing" or attendance at one of their re-education camps.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've heard that, but usually in an encouraging way from a couple Trump supporters.

They seemed serious.

I ignored it.

Would you rather keep Trump during a country defining crisis, or go with a senile and barely conscious career politician who can't even remember who his boss was or where he currently is?

Whew.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Alpo, you are one of the few democrats I respect. Honestly, what do you think of what Pelosi and Schumer were doing with the relief package? If the shoe were on the other foot, speaking for myself, I would be ashamed of "my team" if the Republicans behaved the same way.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm for a directed effort. If it relates directly to a recovery, then it should be considered. However, I am not in favor of putting a couple trillion dollar plan together based on what we see at the moment. I don't agree with providing support to large, multi-national companies in non-strategic businesses. Cruise lines, hotels, airlines, are not strategic. Disneyworld is not strategic. If they need money, I can see that the government could assist in convertible debt financing while participating with the investment bankers. But, if you can't sell convertible debt without the guarantee, perhaps we shouldn't be backing them.

Employees should be protected with unemployment for some period of time. Say 3 months...or 6 months. We don't know enough about this crisis yet.

The poor should be helped as we always do.

Seniors....which is me and a lot of others, and the disabled, shouldn't get the $1200 checks. They don't get them now and have to get by. They can do so in the future. Perhaps we give the governors some discretionary funds to assist those we miss in this legislation.

OSHA legislation, student loan reconstruction,.....those are NOT COVID dependent and should be shelved or put into separate legislation.

I sound more like Hayek than Keynes here. But I believe Keynes would choke on the size of this proposal.

In addition, Wall St and S&P should not be bailed out. Banks should not either. This is not a monetary crisis. At least no one has shown me that it is. I could give a rats ass if the Dow falls 10,000. You want better taxation for long-term capital gains? Now you get to see that one of the reasons you get favorable taxes is RISK.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Just as an aside, has anyone seen Kut post lately? I hope he's okay.

Kut's profile says 23 hours ago - I think that means last log on.
    His last posts say 1 week ago but there are several that say 1 week ago.

These are two posts that say 1 week ago but it really looks like these are actually from 11 days ago...

===========================
    So I just got kicked out of the hospital.
    Cliff’s
    -Mom was having abdominal pains
    -I leave work to meet mom and sister at the emergency room
    -Upon entering the ER, I’m met by a nurse who starts asking me questions.
    -I ONLY advised that I had a cough yesterday
    -Nurse “sorry, you can’t stay”
    -Me (wanting to be upset) “It’s ok, I get it”
    -I leave
    On a side note, the bar I’m at now is FULL. Guess a lot of people aren’t working today.

These are from the first Coronavirus topic, page 289, posts 2887 and 2888
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/476956-coronavirus-289.html#post8218295

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What makes you think he's been sidelined? He was just with the President in this evening's address. I've not heard anything of him being "sidelined". :dunno:

Well, obviously, I posted prior to the evening presser. ;) Fauci had not been as available as previously, after giving an interview that was generally diplomatic but could've been taken badly by a sensitive narcissist authority figure.

Look, the fact that he's NOT sidelined is a good thing and - gasp - Trump may've actually left a subject matter expert in place, despite disagreements with him. That's newsworthy in itself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom