Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    First, you used quotes (those little "" things) which suggest I actual wrote "single." I did not. At least, it doesn't look like I did. If I did - feel free to actually quote me. The fact that you "quote" me incorrectly indicates you don't actually read what I write, which means many things.

Second, I did refer to the question as a singular question. There was a single question that broke Trump's resolve to stay on-message. (Not that it takes much to break his resolve.) That question was not difficult. It was not tricky. It was exactly the kind of question he should want.

If he was focused on leading the country, it whatever else the reporter said wouldn't have mattered. Instead, he gets caught up in ego and insult.

First - Those are not quotation marks.

Second - It appears you still have not seen the reality of the multiple obnoxious questions so you don't know the whole situation. Therefore you are still making the same type of jump to a premature conclusion the libtard media made about the 'Covington Kids'. But if you like your conclusion, you can keep your conclusion.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    First - Those are not quotation marks.

are they finger quotes

like these

giphy.gif

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Actually they were used to accentuate the word to help you understand that referring to a single question was what gave away the fact that you were missing information.
    But I looked it up and apostrophes can be used as single quotation marks so I was wrong about that and your assumption that they were meant as quotation marks is understandable. My bad. I will try not to use apostrophes to accentuate words from now on.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Actually they were used to accentuate the word to help you understand that referring to a single question was what gave away the fact that you were missing information.
    But I looked it up and apostrophes can be used as single quotation marks so I was wrong about that and your assumption that they were meant as quotation marks is understandable. My bad. I will try not to use apostrophes to accentuate words from now on.

I like italics for this purpose. Some neanderthals use underline, though. Bold is sometimes acceptable without breaking the flow.

Y̴̧̫̭̲̱̩̫̹͍͎͓̤̭̝̿̈́̀̈͊͆͜͠͠͠o̸̞͉̫̊͒̀̇̔̕͝ư̶̠͉͎̟̪͗̽̅̀̀̈́͘ ̷̡̛̫͕͎͍̜̬̼͙̻̫̰̳̙̾͊̅̈́̂͂̈́͆̆͆̀̄͘c̸̰̫͍͖̠͓̱͓͈̠̪͆͛ȏ̶̧̤̹̞̯̖̜̮̯̓̈́̓̅̈́̓͗̍́̄͝͝ṳ̶͌̈́̀̂͒̓̾̇̂̂̋͒͘͘͘l̵̡̢̖̼̗͎̙͖̟͇̣͐͑̾́̌̐̄͑̒̓̕̚͠d̴̡̹͕̯̮͎̙͌͐̍̊̒̋͋͆͘ ̷̢̛̰̼͙̖̝̬̤̜̪̯̀̀̕ͅͅâ̴̘̫̼̼̹̩̐͘͜l̸̛̪͆̈́͂̊͌̄͌̚ẃ̶̖̘̭̀̈́͌̿̂̈͊̓̈́̅̒̓̕ả̶̘́̄̓̋͗̽͗̚͘ÿ̸̮̦͌̂̉͐̒s̷̛̠̬̗͖̙͌̇͋̈͆̀̋̓͠͠͝ ̷̳͍̜̗̥̭̪͖̫̘̗̓́͆̐̔̈́̅̄̈́̽͜ư̵̻̟͇͎̝̒͑̃̓͂̉̐͊͝s̶̤͖̩̠̬͉̿̎̿͋͂̿͐̔͛̐e̶͚̬̮͚͈͗̐̉̎͑̏͊̓͋ ̷̩̥͙̳̟̯̙̂̏̃́̏͒̐̕͝z̷̧̡̧͓͓̺̯͎̝͍̭̮̈́̈̎̑̋̏̃̇̍̃̀̈́̀͘å̷̧̧͖̙̝͍͚̣͍̜̪̽͝l̸̹̹̹̤̀̌͊̓͌̉̓ģ̴̢̱͙̳͈̠̖͔̣͔̲̭̀ǫ̵̳̥̻̥̟̫͎̩̯̟̼͚̼̿̉͋͜ ̷̼̠̠͖̭̮̲̘͎͎̫̪͉͑͛̈́̾̈́̇͠ͅt̸̡̗̬̣̝̦̲͌̇͂́̔̔̕ͅh̸̫̳̠̤̤̳̹͔̯͖̹͔̓̒̂͝o̶̡̙̫͙̥̮͙̥̭̱͂͜͝û̸̧̢̯̝̮͕̱̮̺̎ͅǧ̴̢͈̲̺̭̻̳͔̥̯͈̯̃̎̅͗͒̂̀͐̐͗̚͘̕͜͝h̴̛̤͙͇͎̟̖̬̖̻̬̪̰̟̩̩͒̆̈̇͆̆̕.̶̧̨̬̭̙͙̘͎̦͎̜̰̮̌̑̇͌̉͛̈͘͘͘

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like italics for this purpose. Some neanderthals use underline, though. Bold is sometimes acceptable without breaking the flow.

Y̴̧̫̭̲̱̩̫̹͍͎͓̤̭̝̿̈́̀̈͊͆͜͠͠͠o̸̞͉̫̊͒̀̇̔̕͝ư̶̠͉͎̟̪͗̽̅̀̀̈́͘ ̷̡̛̫͕͎͍̜̬̼͙̻̫̰̳̙̾͊̅̈́̂͂̈́͆̆͆̀̄͘c̸̰̫͍͖̠͓̱͓͈̠̪͆͛ȏ̶̧̤̹̞̯̖̜̮̯̓̈́̓̅̈́̓͗̍́̄͝͝ṳ̶͌̈́̀̂͒̓̾̇̂̂̋͒͘͘͘l̵̡̢̖̼̗͎̙͖̟͇̣͐͑̾́̌̐̄͑̒̓̕̚͠d̴̡̹͕̯̮͎̙͌͐̍̊̒̋͋͆͘ ̷̢̛̰̼͙̖̝̬̤̜̪̯̀̀̕ͅͅâ̴̘̫̼̼̹̩̐͘͜l̸̛̪͆̈́͂̊͌̄͌̚ẃ̶̖̘̭̀̈́͌̿̂̈͊̓̈́̅̒̓̕ả̶̘́̄̓̋͗̽͗̚͘ÿ̸̮̦͌̂̉͐̒s̷̛̠̬̗͖̙͌̇͋̈͆̀̋̓͠͠͝ ̷̳͍̜̗̥̭̪͖̫̘̗̓́͆̐̔̈́̅̄̈́̽͜ư̵̻̟͇͎̝̒͑̃̓͂̉̐͊͝s̶̤͖̩̠̬͉̿̎̿͋͂̿͐̔͛̐e̶͚̬̮͚͈͗̐̉̎͑̏͊̓͋ ̷̩̥͙̳̟̯̙̂̏̃́̏͒̐̕͝z̷̧̡̧͓͓̺̯͎̝͍̭̮̈́̈̎̑̋̏̃̇̍̃̀̈́̀͘å̷̧̧͖̙̝͍͚̣͍̜̪̽͝l̸̹̹̹̤̀̌͊̓͌̉̓ģ̴̢̱͙̳͈̠̖͔̣͔̲̭̀ǫ̵̳̥̻̥̟̫͎̩̯̟̼͚̼̿̉͋͜ ̷̼̠̠͖̭̮̲̘͎͎̫̪͉͑͛̈́̾̈́̇͠ͅt̸̡̗̬̣̝̦̲͌̇͂́̔̔̕ͅh̸̫̳̠̤̤̳̹͔̯͖̹͔̓̒̂͝o̶̡̙̫͙̥̮͙̥̭̱͂͜͝û̸̧̢̯̝̮͕̱̮̺̎ͅǧ̴̢͈̲̺̭̻̳͔̥̯͈̯̃̎̅͗͒̂̀͐̐͗̚͘̕͜͝h̴̛̤͙͇͎̟̖̬̖̻̬̪̰̟̩̩͒̆̈̇͆̆̕.̶̧̨̬̭̙͙̘͎̦͎̜̰̮̌̑̇͌̉͛̈͘͘͘[
    /QUOTE]

Oh no... GPIA7R is speaking Chinese... I think he's got the Kung Flu!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Thank you. Italics it is then.

Before this I thought apostrophes were only used as quotation marks for a quote within a quote which used real quotation marks.
    Made up example - Trump said "And then pelosi said 'you're an ugly ***** too so there' and then started tearing up some papers."

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    -̸͔̘͉̰̹̺͈͓͓̗̈̐̓́̒-̸̛̣͎̦̬͈͓͓͔̀̄́̓̐͗̓͜͝ͅ-̵̡̙̙͍̦̻̦̞̻̥̃̈̔̓̔̉̈̑̔̈́͜-̶̞̖̳̩̺̈̅͒̏̈́͑́͆̀̇͝͝͝͠ͅ-̸̢̛̛̮̗̙͍͇͉͐̓̈́̏́͐̀̔̔̑̿̀̕͜-̶̩̖̦͉̥̲͖̮̰̼͇͌̐͜ͅ-̵̡̞̖̻̰̟͉̌̽̐̿̐̑̅̕͝-̶̨̛͓́̄̀̑̇̌̽̽̇̈́͝-̵̡̨͍͔͕̯̮̺̭̅̌͂͛̋̾́̐͂-̵̧̢̧̧̛̰̰̯̭̤̈̏̇ͅ-̶̡̧̧̯̙̩͖̭̪̓̆̓͌͐͛̐̉̾̇͜͝ ̵̡̫̝̠̰̫̦̝͇̗͔̠̩̈́̑̆̐̿͋̐͋̇̌͐͒̊͝ ̴͙̫̰̤̙̠͍̺͓̣̎̅ ̸̰̗̥͔̫̖̣̼̉̏̐̐͐̉̒͛͛͠ ̶̡͖̹̞͖̤̘̫̯̬͍̦̫̚ͅ ̸̨̠͎̳͔̭̼̘͙̮̥̞͔̼͉͋̌̾̇̽͊͒͒̃̇̕͝ ̶̟̈́͂͊̀̓̌͠͝ ̸̡̱͉̖͍̠̣̙̒͋̇̇͐̒̉̈́̔̋̔̓̕̚͝ ̶̡̛̩̻̤͓͖̟͍̠̫̂́͛̒̐̕ ̶̢̘͚̙̻̹̗͑̉̈͂̾͑͊̀͛̈́́ͅ ̸̗̩̹̙̬͇͕̘͒̎̊͜͝ ̷̛̹̭̥͇̿̎́̊̊̀͆͘͠ ̶̧̪͕̆͑̓̉̍͂͒̃̑̚ ̶̰̎̋̎͋̅̔̔̈́̏͊̕͝-̸̨̡̧̛͇͙̮͚̝̲͎͕͎͍͓̣́̐̽̏̽͗̈́̃̈́̂́͋̕͠-̷̧̯̦̬̋͑̽͐͒̓͒͑̐̄͝͠-̸͇̓͂̌̈́̔͊̅̊̚-̵̻̺̤̑͂͒̅͌̊̈́̀̕̕-̴̛̀̈̆̍͒̃͜͠͝-̸̧̧̛̲͖̰̱̝͕̼̻̠͆͋͐̽̀̎̊̑́͆͝-̷̡̳̼̻̯̞̦͔̠͎̺̤̯̎̄̉͘͜-̷̧̛̙̟͍͎̹̦͇͖̍̽-̷̛̦̼͖͉̩̗͍͚́̈́̐͒͌͛͑͋̑͒͜͜ͅ-̵̞̖̗́-̵̨̪̱̗̦̳͉̤͂̒̇̓̂̾͘-̵̗̋̅͗̅̊̇͘̕-̴̨̨̛̹̞̥̱͙̼̝̮̭̣͓͊̀͂̿̈́̍́͐̾͗͝ͅͅ-̷̡̡̙̟̎͝-̷̥̟̱̄͐̇͂̂͋̈̂̀̎͌-̶̜͔͎̞̫̱̮̺̠̬͎̮̞̓̑̌̂̎̅̅͂̂-̷̧̤͍̌͌͒̈́̏̇̃̆̃͊-̷̛͉̖̰̩̰̠̇͌̾̄͋̊̒̄̈́̚̕͝͝͝-̴̢̘̹̱̘̝͛͂͗̂̄̀͜͝͠ͅ-̶̢̞͈̘͚́̔͗̆͜-̵͍͇̝̞̳̜̼̆̀̋̔͝-̶̧̜̹̲̟̦̱̻͖̋̇̈́̓͆͜-̴̛͙̻̞̠̹͈̯̯̤͈̓̇̎̈́-̷̨̪̜̹̠̺̦̩͙̳̦͇͍̑̃̎̂̀͜͝͠͠͠ͅ-̶̻͉̤͓̦̜̪͕̘̬̾̋̒̐̉͒̃͌̊͆͂̕-̴̳̘̠̝̗̏̍̿̊͆̀͛ interesting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The woman that attended a Trump rally and was ostracized for it.
    She said she's leaving the Dem party, but not ready for the right.
    She's "homeless".

And then..
    [video=youtube;_3fJcdYFbc0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3fJcdYFbc0[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If Fauci really has been sidelined, that's a bad political move.

He had the most credibility of the people delivering the message, IMHO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Politicians should be able to invest like anyone else. The difference is that they often have access to insider info that most others don't. It isn't illegal for them to trade on that info, unlike the peons.

A simple answer would be to be required to place their investments into a blind trust. Basically, they just hire someone to handle their investments for them, but they don't get to direct the investments or know what is in them at any point in time.

I like that idea if it could be effective. But I kinda think that power can't help itself but to gain more power. I kinda think that if they knew **** was happening that would lose or gain them a fortune, they'd make some phone calls, and probably some lucrative promises.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If Fauci really has been sidelined, that's a bad political move.

He had the most credibility of the people delivering the message, IMHO.

Why would he be sidelined?

I mean, Trump would NEVER push someone aside who's good at their job just because that person is widely viewed as being more competent and trustworthy than himself.

:rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Why would he be sidelined?

I mean, Trump would NEVER push someone aside who's good at their job just because that person is widely viewed as being more competent and trustworthy than himself.

:rolleyes:
    :)

Yeah, and after the "interview" he did the other day, in which he really didn't say anything disrespectful, he brought a small spotlight on himself. That gets Trump's ire like nothing else.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Just curious...anyone claiming that Trump is orchestrating things to cancel the election and stay in office?

I've heard that, but usually in an encouraging way from a couple Trump supporters.

They seemed serious.

I ignored it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom