The [Current Year] General Political/Salma Hayek discussion thread, part 4!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sure alot of unseemly information could have been gathered about pretty much any POTUS and leaked. The amount of that information leakage just depends on how friendly the people are surrounding the administration. It seems that Trump has alot of covert political enemies with to much access

Which is why Shcumers statement is troubling. It could be interpreted that he's condoning tit-for-tat partisan squabling in the administration. I doubt he'd make that statement if it were happening to a Democrat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think acting with corrupt intent meets that standard. We can go in circles about how that applies to Trump, but at the end of the day, it will be that I think he's impeachable and you don't.

I think there really should be a crime involved. "Currupt intent" is too subjective to be practical, AND every president does that to some extent, depending on one's interpretations. And I suspect that your interpretation might not be as strict for some presidents as others.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well a lot of people believed Hillary had corrupt intent. How far did that get them?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Much like the Dems came to regret Reid's emasculation of the filibuster, I believe we will all come to regret the trivialization of impeachment (those of us who don't already) as the new normal

Watching congress in session shows every conceivable abuse of the system from parliamentary procedure on up for the purpose of obstructing any government progress. Abuse of impeachment is just a natural progression. The good news is there isn't much left that can be added to the current abuse level.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well it helped keeping her from getting too far. She ain't the President.
    Not for lack of trying by Comey and AG Lynch to clear the runway when they made the determination that there was no intent.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Watching congress in session shows every conceivable abuse of the system from parliamentary procedure on up for the purpose of obstructing any government progress. Abuse of impeachment is just a natural progression. The good news is there isn't much left that can be added to the current abuse level.

But that potentiometer is already pegged at 11, nor do I see much hope that once he is re-elected they will ease off

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The good news is there isn't much left that can be added to the current abuse level.
    :laugh:

They haven't started jumping over the tables yet, and beating on each other. Murder is still done in the shadows, not openly. Haven't had a coup yet. Still lots of evil they can perpetrate on our dime, at our expense.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think acting with corrupt intent meets that standard. We can go in circles about how that applies to Trump, but at the end of the day, it will be that I think he's impeachable and you don't.

obama targeting the opposition in the country with the weight of the IRS for one... bull**** if you say he didn't promote that...

The only difference now is the dems have the (backbone-politics) to push forward.
    The weak ass republicans at the time (paul ryan) set on their hands and let obama skate on all kinds of nonsense.
    There was plenty of smoke there just not the will for obvious politically correct reasons.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    obama targeting the opposition in the country with the weight of the IRS for one... bull**** if you say he didn't promote that...

The only difference now is the dems have the (backbone-politics) to push forward.
    The weak ass republicans at the time (paul ryan) set on their hands and let obama skate on all kinds of nonsense.
    There was plenty of smoke there just not the will for obvious politically correct reasons.

Yeah, but the Democrats aren't opposing the first Black president in US history. Every thing they tried in opposition they were called racists, and if I could say I blame them for something, it would be that they didn't want to dignify the accusation with a response. This is the typical way republicans deal with bull**** accusations. They think that pushing back legitimizes the accusation. Which is itself bull****. I think cowering in the face of baseless accusations legitimizes it way more than saying, "that's nonsense and a deflection. Deal with reality or shut the **** up."

But, nevertheless, it was too easy to make Republicans like Ryan take heat for opposing a popular black president. He should have pushed back on that.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, but the Democrats aren't opposing the first Black president in US history. Every thing they tried in opposition they were called racists, and if I could say I blame them for something, it would be that they didn't want to dignify the accusation with a response. This is the typical way republicans deal with bull**** accusations. They think that pushing back legitimizes the accusation. Which is itself bull****. I think cowering in the face of baseless accusations legitimizes it way more than saying, "that's nonsense and a deflection. Deal with reality or shut the **** up."

But, nevertheless, it was too easy to make Republicans like Ryan take heat for opposing a popular black president. He should have pushed back on that.

Yep, that's why NOTHING was pursued across the board. Talk about a teflon coating.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Amd thusly we have Trump who will say "that's nonsense and a deflection. Deal with reality or shut the **** up."

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If only he didn't sound like a junior high school bully when he was doing that.

People have at least a little help from the media to reach that conclusion. Trump's bombastic style does him more harm than good, but the media certainly has portrayed him a lot differently from how they portrayed him during the primary. They practically sucked his ****.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    How many heads would explode if trump was overheard telling a Russian “wait until after the election I’ll have more flexibility”.

Im betting the same people calling trump corrupt saw no harm in Obama saying that, or sending money to a terrorist state.

This is is why I stay out of political threads. The double standard is amazing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom