• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds like the posts above is just like what everyone said about the ugly black guns, just because some nut job "Roof" shot some people and yapped about the flag we are going to blame it on the flag, just as some nut job used a AR to shoot some people we are going to blame it on the ugly black gun... Hmmmm, to me this is a two way street ... They should put it to a vote of the people by the people in the area/state as to what they want. Isn't it "We the people" ??? You can't hide your head in the sand and make it all go away, this is about the history of this country and more men die in this country's battle then in all the battles ever and needs to be remembered .. To pull the flag down on a confederate memorial is just wrong in my book, but as to it flying for there state is that states choice and not for me to say yea or nay...

Meh, you can have your memorial to dead confederate traitors. But they flag shouldn't be flown or memorial erected over govt public lands, with the exception of battle fields and cemeteries. Private citizens can do what they please.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I wonder what would the Black Confederate soldiers think about all this ?

While determining an accurate number of African Americans who served in the Confederate armed forces may never be known, the United States Veterans Census of 1890 lists 3,273 Colored men who claimed to be Confederate veterans. Another 542 widows of Colored Confederate veterans were listed by the Census - Wikipedia

That's out of about 750000 confederate soldiers. If you were able to ask them, would you take whatever they said seriously if you disagreed with it?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    While determinism an accurate number of African Americans who served in the Confederate armed forces may never be known, the United States Veterans Census of 1890 lists 3,273 Colored men who claimed to be Confederate veterans. Another 542 widows of Colored Confederate veterans were listed by the Census - Wikipedia

That's out of about 750000 confederate soldiers. If you were able to ask them, would you take whatever they said seriously if you disagreed with it?[/QUOTE

My opinion is moot, I would love to know what those Soldiers truly would think about what is happening in America with this flag issue. Especially the Soldiers that died and their coffins were drapped with the ' Stars and Bars '. Also what they think about the desicration of Civil War Monuments being painted with ' black lives matter ' .
    I would also love to know what the 100,000 +- blacks that help support the Confederacy, think about the same issues.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While determining an accurate number of African Americans who served in the Confederate armed forces may never be known, the United States Veterans Census of 1890 lists 3,273 Colored men who claimed to be Confederate veterans. Another 542 widows of Colored Confederate veterans were listed by the Census - Wikipedia

That's out of about 750000 confederate soldiers. If you were able to ask them, would you take whatever they said seriously if you disagreed with it?

Blacks fought for the Nazis too. Point?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

I would think the point of the Black Confederate Soldier to join and fight for the south would be obvious, The same reason any Soldier joins any Army. They fought because the North was invading their homeland and wanting to change their way of life.
    When anyone faces the fear of the loss of there family, land ,belongings, their way of life. Human nature is either fight or flight. These men chose to fight.
    What's disappointing is now some of their own race are working to eliminate what these men fought for.

It's a sad sad day for America.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would think the point of the Black Confederate Soldier to join and fight for the south would be obvious, The same reason any Soldier joins any Army. They fought because the North was invading their homeland and wanting to change their way of life.
    When anyone faces the fear of the loss of there family, land ,belongings, their way of life. Human nature is either fight or flight. These men chose to fight.
    What's disappointing is now some of their own race are working to eliminate what these men fought for.

It's a sad sad day for America.

Uh, these men "chose" to fight? Not sure if srs, or bad at comedy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Review the 17 squirrel quote it responds to. Point was wondering if the opinion of those ~0.005 % of the armies of the confederacy would be taken seriously, if their opinion wasn't what he expected, or written off as a miniscule portion of the armies of the confederacy instead

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Please cite something that doesn't contain "wiki".

Its quick and covers a lot of material, which is why it gets used. Anticipating this i looked for other sources, relating to specifific numbers of black confederate soldiers and it was pretty thin. Found an organization called The Root but it was started by the Harvard professor who caused a bit of a furor for being questioned/arrested (don't remember which) for walking in his own neighborhood while being black and not taking it kindly a few years back. Didn't think INGO would be happy with that source, either. By the way his numbers were 3-6000 black confederate soldiers.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While determinism an accurate number of African Americans who served in the Confederate armed forces may never be known, the United States Veterans Census of 1890 lists 3,273 Colored men who claimed to be Confederate veterans. Another 542 widows of Colored Confederate veterans were listed by the Census - Wikipedia

That's out of about 750000 confederate soldiers. If you were able to ask them, would you take whatever they said seriously if you disagreed with it?[/QUOTE

My opinion is moot, I would love to know what those Soldiers truly would think about what is happening in America with this flag issue. Especially the Soldiers that died and their coffins were drapped with the ' Stars and Bars '. Also what they think about the desicration of Civil War Monuments being painted with ' black lives matter ' .
    I would also love to know what the 100,000 +- blacks that help support the Confederacy, think about the same issues.

I would love to know how many volunteered to support the confederacy in this way, and how many were just slaves.

'With so many white males conscripted and roughly 40% of its population unfree, the work required to maintain a functioning society in the CSA ended up largely on the backs of slaves.' -Levine, Bruce. Confederate Emancipation: Southern Plans to Free and Arm Slaves during the Civil War (2005)

Georgia's Governor Joseph E. Brown noted that "the country and the army are mainly dependent upon slave labor for support" - Journal of the Senate at an Extra Session of the General Assembly of the State of Georgia, Convened under the Proclamation of the Governor, March 25, 1863, p. 6.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Its quick and covers a lot of material, which is why it gets used. Anticipating this i looked for other sources, relating to specifific numbers of black confederate soldiers and it was pretty thin. Found an organization called The Root but it was started by the Harvard professor who caused a bit of a furor for being questioned/arrested (don't remember which) for walking in his own neighborhood while being black and not taking it kindly a few years back. Didn't think INGO would be happy with that source, either. By the way his numbers were 3-6000 black confederate soldiers.

Louis Gates is who you're thinking of. He's really smart for a moron. He wasn't arrested for walking while black, he was arrested for disorderly conduct after breaking into his home, because he lost his keys, and then acting like an idiot when police arrived to check it out.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This is a distraction... taking attention away from the trade agreement that was passed last week. This is all purely symbolic and accomplishes nothing.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I dont know if its already been covered in the 10 pages or not, but Apple took ACW games off the App Store last week for displaying the Confederate Battle Flag in the games. Interesting move - what were the developers to display I wonder?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    How about a video?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83b6DSdiSbI[/video]

But yeah, maybe it was Halloween.

I'll take a look at the video again this evening. I did not see any insignia of the Afrika Korps (and the Germans liked them some insignia). One had a shoulder patch, I'd lean towards Italian Army (Libya was an Italian colony back in the day) at this point. Later in the war the Germans had troops from other countries in the SS.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll take a look at the video again this evening. I did not see any insignia of the Afrika Korps (and the Germans liked them some insignia). One had a shoulder patch, I'd lean towards Italian Army (Libya was an Italian colony back in the day) at this point. Later in the war the Germans had troops from other countries in the SS.

It would be odd for an Italian army soldier to have a patch in German right? "Freies Arabien" ain't Italian.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a distraction... taking attention away from the trade agreement that was passed last week. This is all purely symbolic and accomplishes nothing.

That and the fact that IRS weasels deliberately destroyed email back-ups after they were ordered to be produced.
    And the wonderful situation in Iraq and Syria.
    And a few dozen other scandals, crimes, and acts of evil that will get swept under the rug.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Try to imagine, if you will, Americans fought, bled, died and fiercely struggled - Americans - south of the Mason Dixon. They fought, as all soldiers do, for their brothers on either side of them. Most couldn't care less about politics (like now on several fronts around the globe) but will fight to the death for their fellow soldiers, brothers. Our American brothers in grey - their ancestors - many of whom are in my family still in the south - identify strongly with their heritage and find no offense in that symbol.

How many of those "brothers-in-grey" were black? How many ancestors of CSA soldiers are black? Compare those numbers to blacks who have ancestors that were slaves, or who had an ancestor(s) lynched by Klansmen carrying that flag!

Yes, I know that there were some black CSA soldiers, but they were the exception, not the norm.

Top Bottom