• ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You're right. It doesn't mean she-it to me.:dunno:

It is symbolism of defeated nation which is why it has no place flying over a .gov building.

But thanks for the history lesson.:yesway:
    It isn't flying over a building. It is flying next to a memorial for South Carolina Confederate Civil War Soldiers.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Ebay, Amazon, Walmart and other retailers have banned the confederate flag, but they still sell this???
    2' x 3' Black Jihad Islam Shahada Sword Muhammad Allah Religion Muslim Flag | eBay

This is a Beautiful 2x3 Feet Islamic religious flag made of nice quality as the picture shows ,printed shahada (testimony of faith), and two brass grommets.With the great durability! You can fly it in winds every day!

From the auction, emphisis added. Religious freedom, at any cost, apparently.

I'll also note that I have *never* seen this flag in Wal-Mart. Do you have any links to their item number? If you know of one in-store I'd be interested in paying that store a visit.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Ebay, Amazon, Walmart and other retailers have banned the confederate flag, but they still sell this???
    2' x 3' Black Jihad Islam Shahada Sword Muhammad Allah Religion Muslim Flag | eBay

$_57.JPG

Yeah, but no crazed lunatics killed a bunch of people under that banner.

Oh wait.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Since the theme park "Six Flags" is a reference to the six flags which flew over Texas, including the flag of the confederacy, will they now have to change their name?

ETA and maybe the worst thing is since this all blew up I can't get "The Bonnie Blue Flag" song out of my head

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    That was the first flag (the second image). Two others followed, both contain a version of the battle flag.
    Correct, and neither of them is the "Stars and Bars" either. They were known as the "Stainless Banner" and the "Blood-Stained Banner." No idea why they all had to have a nickname.

Last edited:

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I'm a bit confused as to why this is all of a sudden a hot topic forefront issue in the media right now... Can someone explain this to me?

Something has to be blamed for evil in our society and every act perpetrated by that evil. In the case of Charleston and "too many" (to use en exerpt from the POTUS hand-wringing of that tragedy last week) other incidents of violence involving evil people under the prescription of psychotropic drugs using a weapon to lash out, we the sheeple won't rest until a scapegoat for our moral decline has been identified and dealt with. This time, it's the ol' stars & bars of the south. Get rid of that piece of colored (no racial bias intended) cloth and we'll all soon be holding hands and drinking Coca-Cola in perfect harmony. Creating an uproar like we're seeing also serves as good cover and concealment for our gubmint to continue to hose we the sheeple in plain sight without our noticing it. This week, POTUS declared that American families of hostages held by terrorist organizations will not be prosecuted if they choose to negotiate terms of ransom with their loved one's captors. He just essentially made every single US citizen even more vulnerable to capture or threat of violence while abroad. Thanks for that, POTUS. You're awesome. Again. Also, a report is circulating that the VA patient care backlogs that POTUS addressed last year with his valued pledge of authority to rectify have actually increased wait times by as much as 50%. Most people won't notice that right now as they focus on that evil, inanimate patch of colored (no racial bias intended) cloth is lowered from every flagpole it once flew over and pulled from trucker's hat selections in fine flea markets everywhere. The fact that our social gaps continue to widen through it all are icing on the cake for our masters.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Something has to be blamed for evil in our society and every act perpetrated by that evil. In the case of Charleston and "too many" (to use en exerpt from the POTUS hand-wringing of that tragedy last week) other incidents of violence involving evil people under the prescription of psychotropic drugs using a weapon to lash out, we the sheeple won't rest until a scapegoat for our moral decline has been identified and dealt with. This time, it's the ol' stars & bars of the south. Get rid of that piece of colored (no racial bias intended) cloth and we'll all soon be holding hands and drinking Coca-Cola in perfect harmony. Creating an uproar like we're seeing also serves as good cover and concealment for our gubmint to continue to hose we the sheeple in plain sight without our noticing it. This week, POTUS declared that American families of hostages held by terrorist organizations will not be prosecuted if they choose to negotiate terms of ransom with their loved one's captors. He just essentially made every single US citizen even more vulnerable to capture or threat of violence while abroad. Thanks for that, POTUS. You're awesome. Again. Also, a report is circulating that the VA patient care backlogs that POTUS addressed last year with his valued pledge of authority to rectify have actually increased wait times by as much as 50%. Most people won't notice that right now as they focus on that evil, inanimate patch of colored (no racial bias intended) cloth is lowered from every flagpole it once flew over and pulled from trucker's hat selections in fine flea markets everywhere. The fact that our social gaps continue to widen through it all are icing on the cake for our masters.

:crying: I tried, I really did.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    It's a shame the shark attacks didn't get more air time. This is one of the problems with a 24/7 news cycle and a bajillion news outlets.

I endured a 5 minute piece on the news last last night of the dangers of leaving your child, buckled in a carseat, in a scorching hot car.:rolleyes:

Advice was given for how to not forget your child is strapped in their carseat and left to die in a 150 degree car, such as a smartphone app, or leaving your left shoe in the backseat.

The horrifying statistic was given that 30 children died last year from this "epidemic". 30? In a nation of 300+ million? We really need to have this talk?:dunno:

Welcome to the Idiocracy. Mike Judge is a prophet.:facepalm:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Is it a realization of what non-Southerners believe the flag represents? Or, what the flag represents to Southerners?

The same symbol may have very different meanings to different groups. The meaning may even change over time (obviously).

If symbols only meant what the "majority" wanted, and could only carry their "earliest" meaning, we would all be proudly displaying a swastika.

I think we're at a point in history where "what something means to someone" doesn't matter, it is what it means to those with power, bet it economic, political or just the free time to agitate for their cause.

List any number of things that don't mean what they used to: male, female, marriage, a flag, written law, it's all about context, interpretation and being on "the right side" -- errrr, left side -- of history.

All bets are off on meaning these days.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm going to have a jumpsuit made from a huge Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. Then I'm going to wear it the next time I go to Lafayette, whereupon I will corner Kirk S Freeman in a thoroughly public place. At that time, I shall hug him until he agrees to stop educating us.

I may need some investors.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm going to have a jumpsuit made from a huge Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. Then I'm going to wear it the next time I go to Lafayette, whereupon I will corner Kirk S Freeman in a thoroughly public place.

As long as you are not an agent of a Southern State government (perhaps you are and you are refusing to tell us, Mindanao maybe?), you can wear whatever jumpsuit you desire.

I'll be doing burpees in Smigel's garage tonight. Perhaps not public but it's a start.

At that time, I shall hug him until he agrees to stop educating us.

I have given up on the lot of you.:D However, I will still accept the hugs.

I may need some investors.

Perhaps a newsletter, which you can then deny writing?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Kinda off topic, but I'm concerned. Does all this mean that the way I've been explaining house electrical wiring for years is racist?

It's generally like marriage in the pre-civil rights south. White goes with white, black goes with black and sometimes red goes with black.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's a shame the shark attacks didn't get more air time. This is one of the problems with a 24/7 news cycle and a bajillion news outlets. There is only so much news. So we end up filling space by manufacturing controversy. Sort of like the History channel ran every single fact about Hitler they could, realized they were out of Hitler, and decided to run shows about rebuilding cars because...history?

I surely don't care what is on the flag of a state I don't live in nor visit. People who elect to display the flag should recognize the 1st amendment does not protect them from the opinions of others. The swastika statement early was a solid example. Perhaps you are the descendant of an indian tribe that also used it. Display it if you want. Just don't be surprised if most people figure you're a Nazi. People are going to assign whatever value they have to the symbol to you, they aren't going to ask you "what does that mean to you?" in very many instances. Up to you if that trade off is worth it or not.

Say what you want about Hitler, but he's the guy that killed Hitler

Top Bottom