• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You left out the part were the gun owner took off run after the cops saw him.

In the country I live in, running isn't an arrestable offense, when a crime hasn't occurred. Should the officers have chased and detained him? No idea, I wasn't there. But what we do know, is that he shouldn't have been arrested. If you disagree, I'd like you to explain how a guy running is creates enough PC to enact an arrest.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    In the country I live in, running isn't an arrestable offense, when a crime hasn't occurred. Should the officers have chased and detained him? No idea, I wasn't there. But what we do know, is that he shouldn't have been arrested. If you disagree, I'd like you to explain how a guy running is creates enough PC to enact an arrest.
    I'm just adding to your fictional story.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm just adding to your fictional story.

Hey, if you think its ok to arrest people for fictional crimes, and those persons end up dead, that's on you. But dare I say, you're living in the wrong country. Because in my country, such things are distasteful to the citizenry.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Cops did a little more than chase him down and arrest him….although they claim they didn't use unreasonable force to break his neck with a knee. But that will be in one of the other upcoming trials so we will see what evidence and what the witnessess say.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, if these guys are found innocent don't you think the city should get the 6 million they paid out to the family back?? Seems reasonable but very doubt full. I am clueless as to why the they paid anything out pretrial.

No one is ever found "innocent". Liable by a preponderance of the evidence can be found even if they can't prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Happens all the time.

Of course politics may have played a role here.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Cops did a little more than chase him down and arrest him….although they claim they didn't use unreasonable force to break his neck with a knee. But that will be in one of the other upcoming trials so we will see what evidence and what the witnessess say.

I thought the claim was his injuries happened in the transport van as a result of not being buckled in.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I thought the claim was his injuries happened in the transport van as a result of not being buckled in.

That happened but record claims he was initially injured to the neck by officers knee pressing down on his neck at time of arrest, from witness accounts, and then when video first started showing he was already injured before being put into van and not seat belted. One could speculate the officers knew they had injured him, and used the no seatbelt and slam on the brakes to try then to justify the injury as a accident……did that really happened…….next trials are coming up. But from what I have read his neck was already injured before being put into the van, then after the sudden stop more trauma was caused resulting in his death.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    The knife he was carrying was not illegal in the state but was illegal in the City of Baltimore. It has now come out that he told a detective a month earlier that he had a preexisting back/neck injury. The officers were conducting targeted enforcement in that particular area on the request of the same DA who indicted them.- George

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Off-duty Baltimore cop kills robbery suspect brandishing toy gun
    An off-duty Baltimore cop shot and killed an armed robbery suspect who police say tried to rob the officer with what turned out to be a toy gun.

They identified the robbery suspect as 32-year-old Edel Moreland.

“We feel very bad for the Moreland family to deal with the loss of a son especially around the holidays,” Anne Arundel Police Lt. Ryan Frashure told the station. “I’m sorry, our condolences to the family. Our condolences to the Baltimore city officer. It’s a very unfortunate incident to be placed into.”

Looks like Edel was following the path he chose and he brought a toy to a gun fight. I don't even know where to begin with “We feel very bad for the Moreland family to deal with the loss of a son especially around the holidays."

Off-duty Baltimore cop kills robbery suspect brandishing toy gun | Fox News

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you are familiar with the facts, this could also be described as: "the most surprising, least surprising news of the day."

This seems like a very specific category. Kinda like, "#1 rated toothpaste among doctors that expressed a preference for our toothpaste."

Remind me because I've lost track and have a short attention span. This is the driver of the van where the guy suffered the injuries?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This seems like a very specific category. Kinda like, "#1 rated toothpaste among doctors that expressed a preference for our toothpaste."

Remind me because I've lost track and have a short attention span. This is the driver of the van where the guy suffered the injuries?

He was one of the officers who originally apprehended and arrested Freddie Gray. Officer Goodson was the van driver. His trial is set for June 6. The trial of Officer Porter, the officer Gray allegedly asked for medical attention from, was a mistrial due to a hung jury. His second trial is scheduled for June 13.

I say "most surprising, least surprising" because the facts seem to clearly indicate a "Not Guilty", but many believe that the facts would not matter given the public outcry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom