• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So, if these guys are found innocent don't you think the city should get the 6 million they paid out to the family back?? Seems reasonable but very doubt full. I am clueless as to why the they paid anything out pretrial.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, if these guys are found innocent don't you think the city should get the 6 million they paid out to the family back?? Seems reasonable but very doubt full. I am clueless as to why the they paid anything out pretrial.

baltimore-riot-fire-looting-600.jpg

extortion payoff

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

:laugh::lol2: That was paid over a year ago. I wouldn't expect them to have more than a few hundred thousand left.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

No, because overall the city of Baltimore is ultimately responsible. What people keep forgetting, is that Freddy Gray should have never been arrested and put in the back of that van in the first place.

Let me try to make a comparison that gun owners can relate to. Lets say you're shooting your AR at the range, and it has a slidefire stock. Now let's say local police see you, and arrest you because they believe the weapon in full auto. On the way to jail, you hit your head and die, because you were improperly restrained in the vehicle.
    Now, do you honestly think the payout your family receives should be recovered, because the officers involved weren't found guilty?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I don't think he was the wagon driver.

Agree….the defense said he had told 2 other officers who were in charge of the suspect that he was in need of medical attention in his opinion, but that he could be faking it also. If he gets off I am assuming he at least had told those in charge their was a problem.

The big money pay out I'm guessing is because of false arrest, he was charged with having a illegal switch blade knife but was later discovered it was not and was legal. There never should of been a arrest then. At least from what all I have read….doesn't matter, Baltimore not a good place to be at.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    No, because overall the city of Baltimore is ultimately responsible. What people keep forgetting, is that Freddy Gray should have never been arrested and put in the back of that van in the first place.

Let me try to make a comparison that gun owners can relate to. Lets say you're shooting your AR at the range, and it has a slidefire stock. Now let's say local police see you, and arrest you because they believe the weapon in full auto. On the way to jail, you hit your head and die, because you were improperly restrained in the vehicle.
    Now, do you honestly think the payout your family receives should be recovered, because the officers involved weren't found guilty?
    But in your case (person with a slide fire) the person broke no laws. In Freddie Greys case he was selling cigarets illegally and fled . However minor both were violations of the law. Which resulted in his arrest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :laugh::lol2: That was paid over a year ago. I wouldn't expect them to have more than a few hundred thousand left.

I'm curious to as why one would cast Freddy Gray's family in a negative light? What are your reasonings for indicating they would have blown through the money, or as other member mentioned, use crack? And why is that even relevant to this case? Is it typical to assail the family of a deceased victim that committed NO crime? You'd think there would be a tad more sympathy.....

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    But in your case (person with a slide fire) the person broke no laws. In Freddie Greys case he was selling cigarets illegally and fled . However minor both were violations of the law. Which resulted in his arrest.

You're confusing stories. Freddy Gray committed NO crime. He was only charged with having an illegal knife (which was quite legal).

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Most people do not have $6 million on hand.
    Most people who suddenly come into a large sum of money blow through it rather quickly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most people do not have $6 million on hand.
    Most people who suddenly come into a large sum of money blow through it rather quickly.

Most people don't lose relatives due to the incompetence of govt officials, either.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

You left out the part were the gun owner took off run after the cops saw him.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom