• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Yep and yep. The thing has limitations, no doubt. But I think it will prove useful enough to some that it won't be a flop. I see it doing good things for me, but recognize that others have different wants & needs.

I don't for a minute think it'll flop... Apple is a proven marketer. And I think we're a shallow nation, we have enough style-over-substance people in this country that must have the latest toy, no matter what (not just Apple stuff)

I'm not hatin', this is just the latest news of the day. You should hear me rip on Sony :) Their proprietary garbage is right up there with Apple.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Seems like a toy to me.

As a business owner, is it useful?

I will certainly be able to use it in my business. I now use my iPhone for my business, but I look forward to the real estate this device brings to my eyes, and the 3X faster processing power. Not to mention it is 1/2 the price of my Macbook which does NOT have 3G capability. It will be nice to be able to process orders while on the run. It will fit nice in my Maxped Manpurse too.

That depends on the nature of your business. If you're a carpenter or bricklayer or plumber, probably not.
    Oh but it can. How would you like to be able to run credit card payments right from your worksite?

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I will certainly be able to use it in my business. I now use my iPhone for my business, but I look forward to the real estate this device brings to my eyes, and the 3X faster processing power. Not to mention it is 1/2 the price of my Macbook which does NOT have 3G capability. It will be nice to be able to process orders while on the run. It will fit nice in my Maxped Manpurse too.

Oh but it can. How would you like to be able to run credit card payments right from your worksite?

You could do all of this and mush more for less with a netbook... That's where a smart business owner would have trouble with the justification of suh a thing.

You have a manpurse? :laugh:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I don't for a minute think it'll flop... Apple is a proven marketer. And I think we're a shallow nation, we have enough style-over-substance people in this country that must have the latest toy, no matter what (not just Apple stuff)

I'm not hatin', this is just the latest news of the day. You should hear me rip on Sony :) Their proprietary garbage is right up there with Apple.

Why you gotta be rippin' on Sony? Look at their attempt. (NSFW)

YouTube - Sony Releases Stupid Piece Of **** That Doesn't ****ing Work

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You could do all of this and mush more for less with a netbook... That's where a smart business owner would have trouble with the justification of suh a thing.

You have a manpurse? :laugh:
    Netbooks were cool before Apple came around with the iPhone. However, Windows flat out sucks when it comes to trying to do something efficiently and speedily.

And yes, I have a manpurse. You got a problem with that? :draw:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Monitoring Twitter’s iPad Commentary - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com

custom1.jpg

IBTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Lafayette
    :D

Yeah- Apple has the touchpad thing down... If that is worth the crippling of the device to a person, then I guess it's worth it. Lack of a touchpad has never stopped me from getting anything done... but having an iPad instead of a real netbook would certainly stop me from being able to do certain things. I know that's probably out of the realm of comprehension for an Apple Cult follower :D

Here's what I really wanted Jobs to show us- the following would had have me sooo hooked:

1) A device that ran the full-blown Mac OS!
    2) A foreward facing camera
    3) USB port(s)
    4) Actual GPS
    5) Flash compatible
    6) Non-proprietary CPU
    7) A screen that went edge-to-edge

Yes, as much as I love to pick on the nutty, illogical "cult" Apple followers, I have the iPhone and I love it. Since it does everything the iPad does and more, and I'm not a person who needs an e-Reader, I could never justify the leap to this device.

Apple really is a great company too. Innovation in the true American style. Their software is second to none as far as usability and just flat out good design. They sell more products on the basis of vanity and status than any other competitor... that's genious marketing in effect. Like the Jedi mind trick... it just doesn't work on me though. :D

I agree with everything you said except you are wrong about the iphone being able to more (ok it's not a cellphone, nor should it be). OK, and the screen edge to edge thing doesn't make sense. Well, I really don't need a camera on mine, because I have an iPhone. But I would've loved OSX on a tablet. That would be great.

Aren't you supposed to show me that rockin' netbook for $500? I'd be interested to see what Apple is up against!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    IBTL said:
    You guys are wrong. It uses GPS (check the apple website). If you are a college student and don't want to shell the dough for an iPhone or a macbook, you have another option. You can do much more with it than the ipod touch. You also get the option of using the data network or not. I only wish it ran OS X. Guess I have to wait for someone to jailbreak it.

My point:

Sometimes a handgun is best.
    Sometimes a shotgun is best.
    Sometimes a rifle is best.

You can use just one or you can use the right tool for the job.

You do know it costs more than the iphone, right?

I realize ultimately the iphone data charges may cost more, but this is more expensive and nearly useless without the 3g package from ATT.

IBTL said:
    netbooks suck plain and simple. they have a tiny screen and poor battery life. why do ppl spend 300 bucks on an e-reader? won't a netbook do? nope. there is a niche out there. apple sees it and so do I. studies now show ppl view their technology(phones/ipod/computers) as a status symbol that's higher than their car or (forbid it) guns.

They saw a niche with Apple TV too, and it didn't pan out.

I don't see this being a very big niche.

IBTL said:
    spend $500 for a full-screen, blazing fast, HD movie-player, mp3 player, game-player, word processor, web surfer that doesn't get viruses and runs for 10 hours.

Or spend $500 on a laptop that does all of those things, albeit not as long battery life. Do these exist? Of course they do. I sell them. Don't visit the darker side of the web and don't be an idiot and you won't get a virus. Perhaps that's the niche you speak of? Idiots? :D

Fletch said:
    Not according to Wikipedia:

Really? Wikipedia? Lol. GPS = Global Positioning Satellite. Didn't even have to look that one up! ;)

henktermaat said:
    Oh, don't get me started!
    Apples' products work right out of the box.

Guess my first iphone wasn't an apple product :D

Apples are plagued with the same problems (ie seeping capacitors!) that PCs are. They buy from the same manufacturers! They sure do spend a lot to convince you they're better, though.

How do I know? I have 2 Apple iMac G5s sitting on my floor, with blown capacitors.

Don't get me wrong. I'm by no means an apple hater. I've got and iphone and I love (albeit I hate that it doesn't allow me to view flash!!!!!!!!!!)

I just don't see a big niche for this. Also, it's plagued with the same problem the iphone has (no flash) and it runs a processor equivalent to a Pentium 3.

Sorry, I don't see this one doing well.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I keep waiting for someone to show me a $500 touchpad laptop...

38Special, do you know of one?

I know something that isn't one: the Apple iPad.

Laptops let you do lots of stuff, and use lots of apps, and see FLASH, and have built in USB and drives, and the list goes on. See my point?

I never suggested this was the case, as the iPad isn't a laptop ;)

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Polymer sucks for use in firearms. No way it is durable as steel. It'll never fly!!!

Top Bottom