• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Cant we all just compromise? Just carry a .40 cal.
    Seriously, I have and enjoy several pistol calibers and I have to agree that its mostly about placement. I mentioned this the other day when folks were debating how to carry extra mags. Seriously, If Im gonna draw my weapon it means I think I cant hit the kill spot, and I mean in about 1-3 rounds. And, it wont make much difference if its a 9 or 45. Also, I hate trying to conceal a full size 45.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Cant we all just compromise? Just carry a .40 cal.
    Seriously, I have and enjoy several pistol calibers and I have to agree that its mostly about placement. I mentioned this the other day when folks were debating how to carry extra mags. Seriously, If Im gonna draw my weapon it means I think I cant hit the kill spot, and I mean in about 1-3 rounds. And, it wont make much difference if its a 9 or 45. Also, I hate trying to conceal a full size 45.

My 45's are easier to conceal than my high cap 9mm due to thickness of the grip. Both have full size grips but high cap 9mm have wider grips and are harder to conceal; though, I like carrying the 9mm capacity in rounds.

A 4" 1911 is just as easy to conceal as a 5" 1911, but the major difference on concealment with a 1911 is the grip length, not barrel length.

Funny part is that I carry both a 1911 and a Bersa 9mm High Cap and I use the same IWB leather holster for both. The newer Bersa 9mm High Caps have a rail on them but the old ones don't and they fit in the holster.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I carry 9mm, .45, .38, .357 and feel its more about the shooter and shot placement than what ammo I carry. I actually switched from a .45 to 9mm for trail hiking as I can carry more ammo.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I'd rather not be on the receiving end of a 9, .45, .38, .357, .380, or even a .22lr for that matter...all are (can be) deadly. Anyone else wanna be on the receiving end of my 9mm?

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    9mm will go farther and has a higher velocity than a 45. if you have to shoot through something to get to your target a 45. will not do the job, but a 9mm. this is just what my firearms instructor has told me i could be wrong. i myself carry a 357sig and a 40 cal. glock 23. But a 45. is better than no weapon.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    9mm will go farther and has a higher velocity than a 45. if you have to shoot through something to get to your target a 45. will not do the job, but a 9mm. this is just what my firearms instructor has told me i could be wrong. i myself carry a 357sig and a 40 cal. glock 23. But a 45. is better than no weapon.

9's will bounce off windsheilds.....45's won't....go out and shoot a junk car.....then do a 1 gallon milk jug test.....keep linin' up full jugs with water and see which 1 goes in the farther....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i'll say it again its all about shot placement. and i guarentee i can shoot through your windshield with a 9mm. that just depends what rounds your shooting. but most likely im gonna move out of the way and shoot through your side door and window and get the job done for sure. tin can baby!!

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I prefer to carry either a hi-cap 9mm or a single stack 45. As stated above shot placement is key. If the handgun is my primary weapon i.e. day to day self defense then I prefer the 9mm. It comes down to the fact I can carry more bullets. I am well trained and I have been on my share of 2 way ranges and I learned few things.

1. In combat if your marksmanship is anywhere even close to what you produce on a really off day, Your doing great.

2. People survive some crazy things, really sometimes its just unreasonable. You may have to give them the good news several times before they do the courteous thing and die.

3. The only place in the world to find yourself worse than Rosie O'Donnell's bed is changing magazines while some dickhead is trying to do to you what you were just trying to do to him.

4. Big bullets and small bullets are all equally impressive when fired in your direction.

5. Dodgeball was not a waste of time.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I prefer to carry either a hi-cap 9mm or a single stack 45. As stated above shot placement is key. If the handgun is my primary weapon i.e. day to day self defense then I prefer the 9mm. It comes down to the fact I can carry more bullets. I am well trained and I have been on my share of 2 way ranges and I learned few things.

1. In combat if your marksmanship is anywhere even close to what you produce on a really off day, Your doing great.

2. People survive some crazy things, really sometimes its just unreasonable. You may have to give them the good news several times before they do the courteous thing and die.

3. The only place in the world to find yourself worse than Rosie O'Donnell's bed is changing magazines while some dickhead is trying to do to you what you were just trying to do to him.

4. Big bullets and small bullets are all equally impressive when fired in your direction.

You may have to give them the good news several times before they do the courteous thing and die.

I love this saying!

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    This guy forgot A LOT of Purple

It literally cannot be defended against.

It cannot be countered by even the most advanced martial arts blocks and evasions.

And it cannot technically even "fail."

This is no joke.

With Close Combat Training, you can literally paralyze a man twice your size and weight

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    The NYPD has not had a problem killing people with 9MM ball ammo. Quick someone call them.- George

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

To true! :rockwoot:

As soon as I can I'll give you the rep this earned!

By the way do you mind if I plagiarize this?!

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    ok smart guy marine. do you realy wanna go toe to toe with a former Army Ranger Sniper about weapons deffinitions???? now that im out of the military if I choose to dumb down my weapon language to civilian level, i dont need sh** from a marine!! anytime you wanna put your money where your big mouth is out on the range then i welcome it. I'll be happy to take your money all day long.

I also never understood why a group of marines wanted to fight a guy in a bar when they knew he was a Ranger??? They all learned their lesson realy quick after they were laying in a pile on the floor moaning and holding onto each other nut sacks. So unless your a Ranger tabbed marine, you might just wanna stand down. i know this message might take a while to compute but just read it slowly. it will be ok, that pain in your head is just your brain trying to remember something good. All the Best Marine!! thanks for your service

I will be your huckelberry :D

Top Bottom