• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I respect martial arts, martial artists should respect guns.

When I was active duty we had among us a martial artist. He swore he could grab a gun being pointed at him without being shot. So we obtained a airsoft pistol and proceeded to prove him wrong, many many times. After he failed to snatch the gun from anyone's hands without getting shot, repeatedly, he still swore his martial arts reflex's were faster than a mere mortals trigger finger.

You can not cure stupid even with proof.

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I respect martial arts, martial artists should respect guns.

When I was active duty we had among us a martial artist. He swore he could grab a gun being pointed at him without being shot. So we obtained a airsoft pistol and proceeded to prove him wrong, many many times. After he failed to snatch the gun from anyone's hands without getting shot, repeatedly, he still swore his martial arts reflex's were faster than a mere mortals trigger finger.

You can not cure stupid even with proof.

Darwin was an idiot. According to mister Darwin shouldn't that kid have been killed playing in traffic long before he became uncle sams problem?:) Ive had the misfortune of knowing a few of those. Thats why god invented DA4187.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    yes ive heard of cops that have emptied 15 round clips of 9mm into suspects and the guy is still dropping the soap in prison alive!! but i can also say all of those 15 shots placement SUCKED!!!

Definition of Clips:
    Quote:
    A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.
    Definition of Magazines:
    Quote:
    A magazine (also called a mag or, commonly but incorrectly, especially when removable, a clip) is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I do have a first degree Black Belt in Taekwondo. However my Chi is useless, for making guns magically fall from an attackers hand. Or catching bullets in my mouth, or hands. Hmmm that's why I carry. As said over a million times. Shot placement is the most critical aspect in a self defense situation, next to situational awareness. I do not care if you carry 16 rounds of 9mm, or 8 rounds of .45. If you can not hit a vital organ: IE center mass or head. Then you need to leave your gun at home IMO. Those who disagree should volunteer for a live fire exercise. Maybe that will change their mind.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    motivator7945374.jpg

:+1:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I just went from 15 rounds of 45 acp to 11 rounds of 9mm. I was getting serious pains from carrying such a large pistol, both physical and mental from it constantly being out in the open. I'll carry the 9mm when I want to be discrete and the 45 when I don't

i would rather have 7+1 with my CW45 than 11 9mm...but thats just me:draw:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yes ive heard of cops that have emptied 15 round clips of 9mm into suspects and the guy is still dropping the soap in prison alive!! but i can also say all of those 15 shots placement SUCKED!!!

Definition of Clips:
    Quote:
    A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.
    Definition of Magazines:
    Quote:
    A magazine (also called a mag or, commonly but incorrectly, especially when removable, a clip) is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable).

ok smart guy marine. do you realy wanna go toe to toe with a former Army Ranger Sniper about weapons deffinitions???? now that im out of the military if I choose to dumb down my weapon language to civilian level, i dont need sh** from a marine!! anytime you wanna put your money where your big mouth is out on the range then i welcome it. I'll be happy to take your money all day long.

I also never understood why a group of marines wanted to fight a guy in a bar when they knew he was a Ranger??? They all learned their lesson realy quick after they were laying in a pile on the floor moaning and holding onto each other nut sacks. So unless your a Ranger tabbed marine, you might just wanna stand down. i know this message might take a while to compute but just read it slowly. it will be ok, that pain in your head is just your brain trying to remember something good. All the Best Marine!! thanks for your service

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    ok smart guy marine. do you realy wanna go toe to toe with a former Army Ranger Sniper about weapons deffinitions???? now that im out of the military if I choose to dumb down my weapon language to civilian level, i dont need sh** from a marine!! anytime you wanna put your money where your big mouth is out on the range then i welcome it. I'll be happy to take your money all day long.

I also never understood why a group of marines wanted to fight a guy in a bar when they knew he was a Ranger??? They all learned their lesson realy quick after they were laying in a pile on the floor moaning and holding onto each other nut sacks. So unless your a Ranger tabbed marine, you might just wanna stand down. i know this message might take a while to compute but just read it slowly. it will be ok, that pain in your head is just your brain trying to remember something good. All the Best Marine!! thanks for your service
    Rangers ain't got nothin' on Captain Chris. :boxing:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I like what Massad Ayoob says about caliber. If you are not comfortable shooting 45 and are shooting 9mm then you should carry 9mm. What you are comfortable shooting and can shoot well is more important than size of the caliber as you will place better with what you shoot well with.

He also says that we are all under served by carrying handguns, but we carry them because we cannot carry rifles.

Top Bottom