• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Do you think that we will see world trade and global prosperity under a Biden presidency or with President Trump?

OK, yeah it was a trick question.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Biden made a campaign stop in Durham, NC, where a journalist finally spoke truth to power, and asked the candidate the question everyone has been talking about.....what milkshake did he order?
    He probably ordered a roast beef milkshake on rye.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Typically.... but in this case, Trump kaboshed the talks via Twitter, and everyone knows it. They also know the Dems have been trying repeatedly to push a stimulus through. A ridiculous stimulius, but they did nonetheless.
    He also said on twitter if a stand-alone stimulus hits his desk he’ll sign it right now. No bs additions, just money for citizens and small businesses.

Of course media didn’t cover that tho.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Or, perhaps, she sees the need to get the deal done with a group of yahoos who are focused on anything but getting a deal done.

That's far from insane.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Do you think that we will see world trade and global prosperity under a Biden presidency or with President Trump?

OK, yeah it was a trick question.

Why would we care about global prosperity? I care about American prosperity, the rest of the world should see to their own economies. I support free trade where possible and fair trade as a minimum acceptable standard. If they can't make money under those constraints, see ya'

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Or, perhaps, she sees the need to get the deal done with a group of yahoos who are focused on anything but getting a deal done.

That's far from insane.

If she intended on getting a deal done, why not just issue stimulus checks and break everything else out into a separate deal?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is if designed properly. This sounds like something one of you local gearheads.could possibly avoid. But, maybe not. Lots of programmers should be flipping burgers.

Sorry I have to be this blunt, but reading an article in a trade magazine doesn't make you knowledgeable about the subject. It is far from settled. But, it is true enough that block chaining is a step closer.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then what? Impeach Trump again?

No. They just won't have time to get the bill finalized and through both houses. But. Pelosi is putting it all on Trump, and she should have to make some compromises too. For myself, I'd like to know what's in it. Sounds to me like too much. It should have just been about relief for business owners and employees who lost their livelihoods. That's it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you are right but at the same time I don't think that the president is held blameless in such situations and trumpk doesn't have a very big Edge to play with in this election in my opinion

No, he's not blameless. Would help if he'd stay off twitter.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Biden made a campaign stop in Durham, NC, where a journalist finally spoke truth to power, and asked the candidate the question everyone has been talking about.....what milkshake did he order?

Wow. That's uh. Some astonishingly brave journalism. That's almost as bad as Charlie Rose's "How does it feel to be so awesome" question to BHO.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trying desperately to make it seem like she has any cards to play. I would schedule a hearing for 72 hours or more. S**k it, *****

I think Trump now thinks that he needs to try to get stimulus passed before the election. I don't think he does, because Nancy is taking the hit. Or was. What people wanted was relief to be passed, not every progressive economic wet dream realized. Trump is making some unforced errors here. He should have used this to make Pelosi and the Democrats look mean, like Obama did to Paul Ryan. But no. Being an ******* on twitter is what he likes to do.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Wow. That's uh. Some astonishingly brave journalism. That's almost as bad as Charlie Rose's "How does it feel to be so awesome" question to BHO.

How about: "Mr Clinton, so which is it...boxers or briefs? Tee hee..." Barf. I could just have easily imagined that chick asking, "What do you like on your pizza," or, "Do you like this blue dress or the red one?"

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are so many attacks on him from so many directions every day, I'm impressed he can keep slogging. If you're in the batter's cage and the pitching machine is cranked up to 11 and throwing bean balls, you're going to whiff a few times

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Powers That Be are speaking with their dollars, on Senate races:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-stunning-fundraising/ar-BB1a93T2?ocid=msedgntp

Whether this indicates what they want to happen, or just what they think will happen, seems immaterial. The political donation market is betting on a Blue Wave and a Democrat takeover of the Senate.

This should be noted by the INGOers who are voting Democrat, but relying on a Republican Senate to keep their 2A rights / privileges (Lorne Greene, please pick up the Blue Courtesy Phone). That's only a valid strategy if you think Republicans will hold the Senate. The people who make it their business to place their money in the right place, are betting that doesn't happen. And they're not sending equal money both ways, either, in an attempt to curry favor regardless of outcome. There's a > 2-to-1 money disparity in favor of the Democrats. They're not just being friendly. They're making sure they are _heard_.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The Powers That Be are speaking with their dollars, on Senate races:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-stunning-fundraising/ar-BB1a93T2?ocid=msedgntp

Whether this indicates what they want to happen, or just what they think will happen, seems immaterial. The political donation market is betting on a Blue Wave and a Democrat takeover of the Senate.

This should be noted by the INGOers who are voting Democrat, but relying on a Republican Senate to keep their 2A rights / privileges (Lorne Greene, please pick up the Blue Courtesy Phone). That's only a valid strategy if you think Republicans will hold the Senate. The people who make it their business to place their money in the right place, are betting that doesn't happen. And they're not sending equal money both ways, to curry favor regardless of the outcome. There's a > 2-to-1 disparity in favor of the Democrats.
    We all know they don’t care, that’s only an excuse to justify voting for a gun grabbing corrupt lifetime pos politician.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom