• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    A week before the debate? The debates the 15th. Saturday will be 10 days since confirmed, AGAIN, THATS WHY THE EXPERTS ARE CLEARING HIM. It will have been 15 days since his confirmed diagnosis.

And you saying trump can take it up with the commission if he doesn’t like the change isn’t proving your guy isn’t wanting the change. You can’t change the rules and call the other guy a coward when he says no we aren’t changing the rules. And trump is taking it up with the commission, he said this is the agreed rules, the “contract” if you will, and if you breach that contract I’m not doing it. Common sense (well, for most I guess).

Let's spell it out for you:
    Biden didn't request the debate change, he is supporting the commission's decision. Also, if you want to get technical, I did state "approx" a week. But fine, if you want to argue about number of days, go ahead. I have better things to do

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good. I’m glad you wanna play.

He says he downplayed it, but he also told the public there’s a possibility 2 million could die if infected? So how did he downplay it, exactly? Please give examples of his downplaying it.

I don't have the energy to perform the mental gymnastics required to support a politician to this level.

Bravo.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Also, look at the date of the quote. That was right at the start of the pandemic, before we know it would truly affect us. Downplaying it until an actual, credible baseline was established is a smart play, otherwise he would have run the risk of a mass panic.
    Exactly. Even in the beginning before we knew anything about it he closed down the transport with China, and democrats complained about it. He may have downplayed it in talking, but his actions showed he made good responses to everything with what we knew at that moment. Even Fauci has said he took all appropriate actions. What else do these people want?

Monday morning quarterbacks who support a guy who wanted to keep borders open and say trump handled it poorly. Sometimes I wonder if Elon musk is correct and this world is just AI, because this **** can’t be real.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I don't have the energy to perform the mental gymnastics required to support a politician to this level.

Bravo.

Lol, ya, because trump has never said one thing and done something else, right? I don’t know you, so I’ll listen to what Fauci says about trumps response over yours.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Exactly. Even in the beginning before we knew anything about it he closed down the transport with China, and democrats complained about it. He may have downplayed it in talking, but his actions showed he made good responses to everything with what we knew at that moment. Even Fauci has said he took all appropriate actions. What else do these people want?

Monday morning quarterbacks who support a guy who wanted to keep borders open and say trump handled it poorly. Sometimes I wonder if Elon musk is correct and this world is just AI, because this **** can’t be real.
    And the same people who will say that Trump called the virus "a hoax" will ignore that he said it was "their hoax", but more than that, they ignore that less than 30 seconds later he announced the creation of a task force to coordinate a response to the pandemic, and promised a robust response. Hardly the actions of someone convinced that they are facing a hoax.

But facts be damned, the narrative must endure.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lol, ya, because trump has never said one thing and done something else, right? I don’t know you, so I’ll listen to what Fauci says about trumps response over yours.

It looks to me like you have a one-sized fits all answer for everything: Messiah Trump.

Religion isn't really my thing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It sounds like you want the change. Trump is supposedly negative now. Cleared to go. Get on with the program.

Indeed. You would think someone who asserts Biden won the first debate and would clobber Trump in the second would definitely be wanting to hold all the rest of the debates

Someone who knows Biden barely survived the first debate only through massive top cover by the tame media let alone won it and who isn't sure how to make adderal last 90 minutes would probably want a virtual debate so Biden could be coddled and coached to look vaguely competent

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    trump and aides testing positive approx. a week before the scheduled in person debate.
    Ok, let’s spell it out for you. You claimed he tested positive approx. A WEEK BEFORE THE SCHEDULED IN PERSON DEBATE. Wrong, by the debate it will be 15 days, or 2 weeks 1 day. That’s not a matter of days, that’s double the amount you claimed +1 day. Big difference.
    Let's spell it out for you:
    Biden didn't request the debate change, he is supporting the commission's decision. Also, if you want to get technical, I did state "approx" a week. But fine, if you want to argue about number of days, go ahead. I have better things to do

Second. Let’s spell it out again.

Support = Endorsement = Requesting change

If there are 3 parties in a contract, and 1 says I want to change this, and the 2nd party says I support that, the 3rd party is under no obligation to agree. They have a contract, an agreement, and just because it wasn’t you that requested a change, if you’re supporting the decision to change you’re requesting a change from the 3rd person.

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    Second. Let’s spell it out again.

Support = Endorsement = Requesting change

If there are 3 parties in a contract, and 1 says I want to change this, and the 2nd party says I support that, the 3rd party is under no obligation to agree. They have a contract, an agreement, and just because it wasn’t you that requested a change, if you’re supporting the decision to change you’re requesting a change from the 3rd person.

There is an order of operations and time difference between these steps. They are not all equal. One must initiate the suggestion to change the venue (debate commission), then someone states they (Biden) agrees. See? But what do I know, I just deal with engineering and client contracts on a daily basis.

Of course, this is all still fluid and under current change, so who knows what tomorrow's news cycle will bring.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Unless it's gun control.

Gun Control isn't a politician, and I don't support it. So, a rather poor example overall.

I get what you are saying, you think I'm making the wrong choice. Through your view I likely am, but please understand that from my view there is no right choice, only choices that limit liberties I hold sacred.

I will be voting for a politician that supports gun control...and so will you. The only difference is you have convinced yourself that yours doesn't.

His record shows otherwise. In unbiased terms, you and I are less free to pursue happiness (in terms of this hobby) than we were eight years ago.

Gun owners actually put up a fight when a Democrat threatens action against guns. When a republican administration takes action against those same people fall all over themselves to explain it away.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    There is an order of operations and time difference between these steps. They are not all equal. One must initiate the suggestion to change the venue (debate commission), then someone states they (Biden) agrees. See? But what do I know, I just deal with engineering and client contracts on a daily basis.

Of course, this is all still fluid and under current change, so who knows what tomorrow's news cycle will bring.

I didn’t know I was talking to an expert, sorry. You should know then, that the commission didn’t suggest a change, they made a change. 1 party is saying no, the others saying I support the change. Sounds like one wants the change to me.

So, since you deal with contracts, what should happen if a change is made abruptly, and a party disagrees with the change while another is supporting the change?

nightgaunt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Rural St Joe County
    I didn’t know I was talking to an expert, sorry. You should know then, that the commission didn’t suggest a change, they made a change. 1 party is saying no, the others saying I support the change. Sounds like one wants the change to me.

So, since you deal with contracts, what should happen if a change is made abruptly, and a party disagrees with the change while another is supporting the change?

Conditions change, as the number of Covid deaths and infections have since June when the original rules were agreed upon. Do you know the terms or conditions to the contract? Do you know if any clauses were included that allows for renegotiation?
    Negotiation or compromise usually occurs. But that's foreign to this presidency

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Conditions change, as the number of Covid deaths and infections have since June when the original rules were agreed upon. Do you know the terms or conditions to the contract? Do you know if any clauses were included that allows for renegotiation?
    Negotiation or compromise usually occurs. But that's foreign to this presidency
    China virus wasn’t a secret in June, it was literally during a lockdown. So to say this didn’t come up in June in discussions when agreeing is asinine.

Experts are saying he’s testing negative and cleared, so what has changed? He’s the same health he was when they had the 1st debate... if not, better, because now you don’t have to wonder if he has it. You know he’s had it and it’s gone. Unless, of course, they don’t trust the science and the experts. Which is it?

If Biden wants to debate like normal, it seems they wouldn’t be supporting the commissions decision to change. Seems they would agree with trump and say let’s do it, as was already agreed, in person on the 15th.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If our entire stock market rests on a single tweet then we have some real morons in positions they shouldn’t be.

If you folks haven't tied Trumps tweets to the market, you are losing out. Between his tweets and general volatility, I've lowered my retirement age by 2 years in the last 6 months and made 2 times my annual salary in the last 6 weeks.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You’ve been taking notes from kamala’s debate skills, I see.

Not a single statistic or fact stated. Just insults and feelings.

Insults? Are you reading a different thread?

Seriously, dude...all snark aside. There is no debate with you. Your answer is Trump, no matter what.

I get that. Fine. He's your dude, and he's just purrrrrfect the way he is for you.

Whether you want to believe me or not, I have deeply-held values that are in conflict with both the republican and democrat world view. Literally every election is a devil's choice for me. I have to decide which among my core values can be disregarded for the next presidential term.

Because of the behavior of Trump and the Republicans over the last three years - especially in regards to guns- I see much less upside to republican rule than I had in years passed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom