• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder if just before the "debates" Joe will be indisposed and replaced with Harris at the last minute. She could unleash a blast of screeching personal attacks on the President to get just the reaction on TV that he puts out on Twitter. In the event that he refused to debate her, big/social media would spin that as cowardice. Either way it would be prudent to have Mike Pence on close standby.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I have to wonder if just before the "debates" Joe will be indisposed and replaced with Harris at the last minute. She could unleash a blast of screeching personal attacks on the President to get just the reaction on TV that he puts out on Twitter. In the event that he refused to debate her, big/social media would spin that as cowardice. Either way it would be prudent to have Mike Pence on close standby.

That debate could end up looking like a 21st century “Elijah vs the prophets of Baal” throw down, with DJT snarking, “Cry louder! If Joe is really a presidential candidate, maybe he is thinking, or busy, or on a journey. Maybe he is sleeping, so you will have to wake him!”

Kamala is well cast in the role of Jezebel, to be certain.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    New York Democrats angered after NYPD union endorses Trump

The NYC PBA doesn't normally endorse candidates, but after a long time of getting **** on they are endorsing Trump. Democrats are pissed and as usual don't seem to understand their role in pushing police away.

"I know we :poop: on you every single day, and we want to take all your money away, but why don't you love us anymore??" I sincerely hope this is a sign of things to come across the nation.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    "MaIl In VoTiNg Is JuSt liKe AbSeNtEe VoTiNg"
    New York
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...ched-nyc-primary-n1236143?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma
    "More than 1 in 5 mail-in ballots were rejected in New York City during the state primary June 23, the city’s certified election results revealed this week.City election officials rejected 84,000 ballots — 21 percent of all those received by election officials."

New Jersey
    [video=youtube;fAmd9MlaB94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmd9MlaB94&feature=youtu.be[/video]

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    New York Democrats angered after NYPD union endorses Trump

The NYC PBA doesn't normally endorse candidates, but after a long time of getting **** on they are endorsing Trump. Democrats are pissed and as usual don't seem to understand their role in pushing police away.

It'll be interesting to see which unions go which way on this. But, even in 2016, the organized labor union endorsements don't necessarily mean the individual members will vote that way.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Federal Court order sets new rules for counting Indiana's absentee ballots

Yeah... the more I hear about how absentee ballots were handled, the more skeptical I become of mail-in ballots. "Oh look! This person voted for XXXXXX. I don't like their signature. Into the trash it goes."

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...lots/531-7c49ca69-9c8d-436d-8216-e1d24f82d12d

Give it to a credit card company to do online.

It is time to switch over....not this election, but if we don't start now, these problems will plague us forever.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm curious to see if China or Russia mails in a couple hundred million forged ballots. It wouldn't be hard to get them to copy.

That's what I'd do if I was them and angry at the USA.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Give it to a credit card company to do online.

It is time to switch over....not this election, but if we don't start now, these problems will plague us forever.

As someone who works in the IT department of a bank - I will simply say that I respectfully disagree. I grant you that it needs to be done at some point - but I'm not sure that's who I would hand it to. :D

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Corruption in Sopranoland? I'm shocked! Why those ballots obviously just fell off the back of a truck.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Wait, I thought joe was leading clinton (and Trump) in enthusiasm?! The dems are really fired up this year because of orange man!

Biden’s speech was watched by 21.8 million people on TV, according to initial figures from Nielsen, beating out the early numbers for other major speeches at the convention earlier in the week. The figure, which does not include online streaming of the speech, is expected to grow when additional networks are added. […]
    Still, the initial numbers mark a 21 percent drop from Clinton’s speech at the convention in 2016 when she accepted the Democratic nomination that year. It is also more than 38 percent lower than President Trump‘s acceptance speech at the Republican convention four years ago, which drew 34.9 million viewers.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/08/21/joe-bidens-dnc-acceptance-speech-gets-21-lower-ratings-than-clinton-2016/

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [video=youtube;zkLlDNAK1iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkLlDNAK1iw[/video]

My brother worked for USPS at an E.T. (electronic tech) for over 20 years and worked on their sorting machines.
    He retired a couple of years ago after they removed the machines from Kokomo, it had NOTHING to do with Trump or an election.
    The main sorting facility in is Indy, if you mail a letter from one side of Kokomo to the other side it gets trucked to Indy, sorted, and then trucked back to Kokomo for delivery.
    All in the name of efficiency.
    He could have transferred to Indy but there were already techs there and he would have dropped levels.
    He worked at USPS in Carmel for a couple of years as a custodian but still getting paid at his tech level.
    He said it was a sweet gig but hated the drive.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The polling trend does not look good for Biden.

First, the polls today mean absolutely NOTHING regarding the outcome of the election. They will become more accurate the closer to election day that they are done.

However, I am looking at the trend, not the numbers.

For a long time I was watching RealClearPolitics.com. They average many polls and put those numbers up on their main screen.

For several weeks Biden had a solid lead of 7.7%. Again this is an average. His lead in the battleground states was 4.3%. Less, but still good.

When he announced Sen Harris to be his running mate the average shot up in his favor to 7.9%, with the battleground states holding at 4.3%. Not a huge spike by any standards, but a spike.

Today, he is leading by 7.6% nationally and only 4.2% in the battleground states. Not a huge drop, but it should scare the hell out of his machine. 4.2% is nearing most polls margin of error. But worse for Biden is the trend of it dropping!

For him, turnout by location will be critical. It won't matter if he stomps Trump in California, he was always going to win California. The real trial will be Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and a few others.

Personally, I think he would have been better off picking someone far more progressive than himself and Kamala ain't it. Had he picked Bernie Sanders the far left base would have been thrilled and turned out in massive droves to vote for Bernie on a ticket. But instead he played identity politics and picked a candidate from a state he was going to win anyway.

I don't think the hatred of Trump is going to carry the day. He needs to get his base out there and so far that ain't happening.

Regards,

Doug

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Regarding mail in voting...

Lets think about it for a moment.
    What's the age range of the individuals the democrats are trying to appeal to?
    What's the age range of the individuals the republican party typically appeals to?

How many young people are comfortable and familiar with mailing letters? What about knowing how to correctly label mail and pay postage?
    Now, how many old people are familiar and comfortable with this? When was the last time your teenager bought a stamp?

Do you honestly believe there could be enough fraudulent votes to make up for this?

Just something to think about. :):

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Biden and Harris have secured support from Richard Spencer:
    zLodUmC.jpg

Interesting character....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_B._Spencer

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Regarding mail in voting...

Lets think about it for a moment.
    What's the age range of the individuals the democrats are trying to appeal to?
    What's the age range of the individuals the republican party typically appeals to?

How many young people are comfortable and familiar with mailing letters? What about knowing how to correctly label mail and pay postage?
    Now, how many old people are familiar and comfortable with this? When was the last time your teenager bought a stamp?

Do you honestly believe there could be enough fraudulent votes to make up for this?

Just something to think about. :):
    That’s part of what community organizers do. They’ll canvas key areas and help everyone vote...whether they’re actually breathing or not.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Biden and Harris have secured support from Richard Spencer:
    zLodUmC.jpg

Interesting character....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_B._Spencer

Had to look it up...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerationism

I'm guessing he's saying the democrats are much more likely to get the result he wants given their policies are destructive and cause conflict.

A far-right, white nationalist adaptation of the term surfacing during the 2010s eschews the focus on capitalism of the prior variants, to instead refer to an acceleration of racial conflict resulting in a white ethnostate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom