• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I voted last week at the centralized facility for in person early voting. I got there about 10:40 and was about 300th in line, but I was done and departing in 35 minutes

The hardest part was trying to sign my name on a tablet in a stand that was nearly vertical and having to reach under the plexi to do it with those stupid little pens that have a hemisphere on the end instead of any kind of a point. It didn't even look like my signature to me

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Our gun rights are no safer under Trump than they are Biden. The only reason he's befriended the NRA was because they would vote him in. After this election he won't be up for another election. Isn't he on record as simply recognizing gun rights and the NRA for on the advice of his sons? I don't believe he's ever been a gun rights guy on Merit alone.

You limited your scope to bite one supporters in your question but I don't fall under that criteria. I do still think it's silly to believe Trump has deep-rooted principles though when it comes to guns

They're not equal. It's true enough that Trump is not a gun guy. He's not a gun rights advocate. Possibly Jr is, but not Donald. But he's not an anti-gun zealot either. And as you said, he counted on gun owners and gun organizations to help him win in 2016. And if he wins this time around, there's no reason he would need the NRA's support to win anymore. He's term limited. But he also does not seem to be an anti-gun zealot either. Joe Biden is. Trump isn't a *safe* bet for gun owners. The bump stock ban was on his orders. Also, if there were legislation that Trump really wanted, and the only way Trump could get it done were to give them some kind of gun control, I think he'd do it.

The only thing that would prevent Biden from signing gun control legislation is the legislature. If Democrats take the Senate and maintain the House, it WILL be a priority for that congress to pass "meaningful" gun control. And there is no way that Biden doesn't sign it. At least there's a chance Trump vetoes it if something does make it to his desk. So to act as if Trump and Biden are exactly equal on guns is absurd. If we were to scale it with a number, Biden is 100% dangerous. Trump is maybe 33%. Not equal.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Does anyone really think that, if elected, Biden will still be president (or even alive if he gets too close to Cankles) when that commission reports back? Does anyone think president Harris will feel even remotely bound by anything Uncle Creepy said?

Said it before, a vote for Joe is a vote for President Harris... whom I do not object to being either non-white (how's that) or female, but for the horrendous record she has on some fundamental issues.

LOOK AT PEOPLE'S ACTIONS NOT WORDS

She won't be a heartbeat away from the Presidency, she'll be a stroke away.

[video=youtube_share;ZzhvfGSRVDs]https://youtu.be/ZzhvfGSRVDs[/video]

Last edited:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I suspect that the moderator will not bring up that question. At all. Of course Joe won't bring it up. It'll have to be Trump. And I also suspect that when he does, the moderator will talk over him, allow Biden to talk over him, and if Trump continues, the moderator will cut Trump's microphone.

Unless. They find some kind of new distraction to deflect from the subject.
    Why do you think that they have a sympathetic moderator, and why foreign policy was removed from the questions.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If SCOTUS agrees to hear the case.

The rules, at for now, until President Harris appoints 2 more bat **** crazy justices to SCOTUS, are that 4 out of the 9 justices must vote to hear the case. My guess, after the bat **** crazy justices are added by Harris, that it'll be 10 of 11 justices must vote to hear cases which could possibly go bad for progressives, and only 1 of 11 justices to hear cases that could go bad for conservatives.

Seriously though, Robert's court hasn't been very eager to hear 2A cases. Gorsuch sounded eager to hear some of the cases based on recent opinions. Thomas and Alito are solid yes votes. Kavanaugh has been iffy, and Roberts, reluctant. Barrett could add to the justices that would vote to hear it. Roberts will probably always be a no. But out of Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Barrett, surely we could get 4 out of those 5.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Why do you think that they have a sympathetic moderator, and why foreign policy was removed from the questions.

Why do Democrats have a sympathetic moderator? Because the debate commission is pulling for Democrats. Why was foreign policy removed from the questions? Because that's actually an area where Trump has surprisingly had success. Biden can at least boast his sympathy peace prize nomination.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    ...and the EV results/turnout thus far doesn't come anywhere close to matching any of the assumptions built into the models underlying most state polls. (Much to Democrats' chagrin.)

It's like deja vu all over again...

Didn't listen to the polls last time, ain't this time...

Comes down to Turnout vs Dirty Tricks, what political campaign/party/supporter doesn't engage in some level of shenanigans. The only President who didn't have that problem was Washington.

Also, what is the old truism, those who count the votes determine the outcome... comes out of Chicago machine politics if I recall correctly.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Why do Democrats have a sympathetic moderator? Because the debate commission is pulling for Democrats. Why was foreign policy removed from the questions? Because that's actually an area where Trump has surprisingly had success. Biden can at least boast his sympathy peace prize nomination.

Trumps verbal diarrhea gets issues noticed
    Trumps boasting sets the bar
    Trumps actions result in deals

Granted that the deals are as fresh as ink on the paper. Time will tell if they F up a good deal. They've certainly done that before.

The signs are that the Arabs would rather trade with Jews than kill them. If the deals hold and spread, it will be historic.

The cynicism from certain quarters is unbecoming of advocates for peace and justice. Only with peace will there be justice for the Palestinians.

The agreement to have peace and trade is the important part. Specifics can take years to hammer out.

Achieving oil independence is a better idea than being dependent on Arab, Russian or other countries oil. No more wars for oil. Can we get a he!! yeah!

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was just looking at some early voting statistics in Pennsylvania. Not surprising to see that the returned/requested ratio goes up with age.

Also not surprising, 2/3's of registered Democrats have requested mail-in ballots, compared with 1/4 of Republicans. Looks like Republicans took the more sure way to vote. You vote in person, there are fewer people who "handle" your vote. There's not an entire transit system, for example.

Another age thing, the percentage of mail ballots requested goes up with age. So there are a couple of things that favor Republicans. The demographic group that would absolutely guarantee a Biden victory isn't showing up to vote. They're not requesting mail in ballots. Doubtful they'll stand in line to vote in person. They're just ****ing absent from the process. Republicans registered to vote in Pennsylvania look to be about 2:1 over Democrats. But if those include dead people, of course they'd be Democrats.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Early voting hasn't given the vast + dem vote they were hoping for.

Well, so far the stat's I've found are ballot requests and polling. They aren't supposed to count the vote until Nov 3rd.

You may be referencing this:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...outpacing-national-polls-giving-biden-an-edge

The Republican Party is keeping pace in mail-in and early voting in three key swing states despite polls showing early voting should clearly favor Joe Biden.

Data out of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ohio indicates that registered Republicans are returning ballots at about the same rate as registered Democrats in the battleground states.

STATISTICS BLAH BLAH BLAH

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The thing I found interesting was that the number of ballots cast at this point almost equal the entire early voting period in 2016. We may have record turnout this time.

Film at 11:00

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Said it before, a vote for Joe is a vote for President Harris... whom I do not object to being either non-white (how's that) or female, but for the horrendous record she has on some fundamental issues.

LOOK AT PEOPLE'S ACTIONS NOT WORDS

She won't be a heartbeat away from the Presidency, she'll be a stroke away.

[video=youtube_share;ZzhvfGSRVDs]https://youtu.be/ZzhvfGSRVDs[/video]

In fairness, that is how she got her start in politics, so it would be appropriate :):

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    ...and the EV results/turnout thus far doesn't come anywhere close to matching any of the assumptions built into the models underlying most state polls. (Much to Democrats' chagrin.)
    Was anything done to improve the polling accuracy in the past 4 years?

Honestly, given the cancel culture and political violence from the left, who would willingly confirm that they are a Republican to a stranger on the phone?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom