Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I certainly don't have any problems with people sending money to fund causes they believe in....corporate super-PACs excluded.

And, if Trump needs to pay off the expense of the last campaign, all well and good. Elections have gotten way too expensive.
    That’s a good point. If people want to help out with election costs so be it. Would be nice though if the people asking for the money would be more honest about where it’s really going.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    With the DOJ and the states saying yes there was a little fraud and a little cheating but nothing major and that it would not affect the outcome nothing much more to discuss anymore as sounds like a little fraud, a little cheating and misrepresentation is normal and to be expected in all forms.

So anymore discussion or arguing is pointless as no matter what any of us think everything is as it should be and all the videos, hearings,affidavits and other stuff is irrelevant as they all are left to interpretation and everyone has a different way to look at them.

What it all comes down to not if it is right or wrong (as that is speculative) but if it is convenient for one person(group) or another.

Hopefully the MLB, NFL,NHL, The Olympics, Nascar and others will also follow the direction of the DOJ and the states and realize and accept a little cheating, fraud and misrepresentation is acceptable and a part of life.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    With the DOJ and the states saying yes there was a little fraud and a little cheating but nothing major and that it would not affect the outcome nothing much more to discuss anymore as sounds like a little fraud, a little cheating and misrepresentation is normal and to be expected in all forms.

So anymore discussion or arguing is pointless as no matter what any of us think everything is as it should be and all the videos, hearings,affidavits and other stuff is irrelevant as they all are left to interpretation and everyone has a different way to look at them.

What it all comes down to not if it is right or wrong (as that is speculative) but if it is convenient for one person(group) or another.

Hopefully the MLB, NFL,NHL, The Olympics, Nascar and others will also follow the direction of the DOJ and the states and realize and accept a little cheating, fraud and misrepresentation is acceptable and a part of life.

Yep, how much do we need to say it is a problem? And that's just the ones they CAUGHT.

To put it another way, for every speeder a cop tickets there are 1000's they never catch in the act.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I kinda understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't think the necessarily flies. Sure we should have zero tolerance for election fraud. In a perfect world, the discovery of fraud should require another election… in a perfect world. In the practical world, one must tolerate a degree of shenanigans, lest there will never be another presidential election result again. Surely, there isn't anyone here, that believes that from the late 20[SUP]th[/SUP] Century to the present, fraud in presidential elections didn't occur? In the practical world, the best we can do is try to ensure that the fraudulent votes don't change the ultimate outcome of the election.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is something going on besides just politics as usual, the deep state is after this guy. They will not let him go, sure is a lot of smoke. Alpo and I are waiting for the evidence and indictments of the deep state...

A trial judge raised the possibility that another federal judge overseeing Michael Flynn’s case could find that President Donald Trump’s pardon of Flynn is too broad, if it unlawfully protects the former national security adviser from future prosecutions.

https://www.law.com/nationallawjour...l-flynn-is-too-broad/?slreturn=20201104143649

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I kinda understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't think the necessarily flies. Sure we should have zero tolerance for election fraud. In a perfect world, the discovery of fraud should require another election… in a perfect world. In the practical world, one must tolerate a degree of shenanigans, lest there will never be another presidential election result again. Surely, there isn't anyone here, that believes that from the late 20[SUP]th[/SUP] Century to the present, fraud in presidential elections didn't occur? In the practical world, the best we can do is try to ensure that the fraudulent votes don't change the ultimate outcome of the election.

Before electronic voting became a thing I would agree with you, any possible fraud was likely extremely localized to a relatively few individuals.

But now with networked electronic devices, a single instance of fraud can cover a very large swath of the votes at one time as is evident with some of the "evidence" presented so far. I know, "Lies, damned lies, and statistics", but some of the stats being presented are very problematic and I see not too many ways to spin them in any other legitimate way.

As much of a techy I am as an IT pro, I'd like to go back to mechanical systems or pure paper scantron ballots counted by simple machines that hove no unnecessary "smart" software features that only output simple tally sheets showing the count summary of each batch run for each machine.

We have managed to do it in a timely manner for all those pre-technology years, there's no reason we couldn't continue with the "old" ways in the future (but ohhh, shiny new machines).

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There is something going on besides just politics as usual, the deep state is after this guy. They will not let him go, sure is a lot of smoke. Alpo and I are waiting for the evidence and indictments of the deep state...

A trial judge raised the possibility that another federal judge overseeing Michael Flynn’s case could find that President Donald Trump’s pardon of Flynn is too broad, if it unlawfully protects the former national security adviser from future prosecutions.

https://www.law.com/nationallawjour...l-flynn-is-too-broad/?slreturn=20201104143649

TDS is real, it will take a little while after the election to wind down, i'm not sure where the crowd will direct their hate next though? I wonder if they will experience some kind of post-partum depression seeing that Trump was such a big part of their lives?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    TDS is real, it will take a little while after the election to wind down, i'm not sure where the crowd will direct their hate next though? I wonder if they will experience some kind of post-partum depression seeing that Trump was such a big part of their lives?

TDS will be replaced by BDS

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    TDS will be replaced by BDS
    Eh. I don’t think so. Of course people on the right will be biased against Biden. That’s nothing new. People from opposing sides being biased against the other is unfortunate but normal. TDS is a completely different phenomenon. Dialing delusional hyperbole to 11 is TDS. Probably we won’t see bat **** crazy conservatives sitting in the middle of the street screaming Nooooooooooo!!! when Biden takes the oath of office. Might be a lot of drinking though.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Now do the supposed disenfranchisement of the insufficient convenience of voting. Shouldn't we have to accept a 'necessary' level of that as well?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I would say that it would inspire confidence in the system if, whatever the level of shenanigans is, it is thoroughly investigated and prosecuted. I have a tendency to think, at this time at least, that whatever happened was not outcome determinative, but I shouldn't have to come to that conclusion by semi-informed hunch. We should all know to the extent it is knowable.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Eh. I don’t think so. Of course people on the right will be biased against Biden. That’s nothing new. People from opposing sides being biased against the other is unfortunate but normal. TDS is a completely different phenomenon. Dialing delusional hyperbole to 11 is TDS. Probably we won’t see bat **** crazy conservatives sitting in the middle of the street screaming Nooooooooooo!!! when Biden takes the oath of office. Might be a lot of drinking though.

I dunno... :):

[video=youtube;o8hYrNsRoTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8hYrNsRoTs[/video]

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

If BDS means pointing and laughing at the imbecile while ignoring everything he says, sure.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Well outright not my president and endless election denial right out of the starting gate along with not extending the common courtesy of calling someone by their name say otherwise.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, I'm watching those two epicly long videos I posted yesterday... waiting for the good stuff, but I have to first listen to a state senator talk about a "computer and ether cable and rotor"[sic]. :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom