• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, you continue to draw lines in the sand...but you have just about run out of beach. I hope you can swim.:D

Case count, wins to date: Trump: 1. Democracy 59.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, you continue to draw lines in the sand...but you have just about run out of beach. I hope you can swim.:D

What you call Democracy sure looks just like communism.

Glad I live in a republic that the framers planned for there to be contingent actions that can be invoked when an election is stolen...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Now, I’m with you on the lack of evidence thing. But really?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Biden could always concede to Trump; you know in order to facilitate that all important healing and bringing the country together :)

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    J13zlSVp.jpeg

Does that mean your SCOTUS cases didn't move?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Now, I’m with you on the lack of evidence thing. But really?

Yeah. Really. Filing with SCOTUS

A long-shot legal effort relying on conspiracy theories and inaccurate analyses to argue President Donald Trump actually won Michigan included additional blatantly false information in a new filing with the U.S. Supreme Court this week.

The legal team, including attorney Sidney Powell, told the court the Republican-controlled Michigan Legislature backs its effort to allow a so-called GOP slate of Electoral College delegates cast the state's 16 electoral votes for Trump.

This is wrong. On Monday, Republican leaders of the Michigan House and Senate publicly acknowledged President-elect Joe Biden won the election. The same day, the state's actual 16 Electoral College delegates voted for Biden, who received 154,000 more votes than Trump in Michigan.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was taught this is a republic not a Democracy. Lets set the bar in the proper notch please.

Edit....Oops wrong post but my statement stands. This is not a ****ing democracy for Gods sake.

Not quite right. We are both. A republic is a type of democracy. We aren't a direct democracy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not quite right. We are both. A republic is a type of democracy. We aren't a direct democracy.

No. A democracy does not have A relatively immovable constitution or any limits on government beyond the whim of 51% of the voters or their elected representatives. A republic, in spite of some general similarities in operation, brings us limited government and rights that are not legally subject to the whim of the voters at any given moment. In the end it is limited government contrasted with organized mob rule.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

If you're someone very well educated in political philosophy, yes that distinction is fair to make. But when discussing our system with normal people, using the word "democracy" anywhere is a bad approach.

Our form of democracy is electing a representative, who elects higher offices, votes on lawmaking, etc. This would not be considered democracy in most senses.
    But as policy makers keep changing our foundational principles, we are descending into democracy, and that is also why polarization is getting so much more severe.
    Average idiots who have no idea of how our system works are starting to get excessive representation, making for a power struggle, like a swarm of sharks smelling blood in the water.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    When the internet argues about whether we're a democracy or a republic, a puppy dies.

The founding fathers specifically knew of the dangers of a pure democracy, so blended those with the idea of a republic.

We are either a democratic republic or a representative democracy, with multiple checks and balances on the worst traits of each.

Truly, an experiment in governmental engineering.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom