• Status
    Not open for further replies.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'd say that's mostly true. Parts of that are the constitutional framework for how elections are finalized, but it has been mostly a formality for more than 100 years (IIRC).

There is an opportunity for objecting and I believe Pence will be the chair of the proceedings in his role as President of the Senate. There really isn't much in the way of precedent in terms of what counts as a valid objection or not. Procedurally, I think there's an opportunity for the Senate to vote on whether the objection should be sustained, so that will test the mettle of Trump-supporting senators.

Much depends on the participants' appetite for a constitutional crisis.

I guess have one now or have it later lol

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sounds like McConnell has conceded that the EC decision (the official one by the states at issue) will carry the day during the formal presentation before Congress.

Pence is going to have the real decision to make. That oughta be interesting.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Is there a link to online content as opposed to a physical book?

I'm seeing it on SCRIBD and similar but don't want to install the app

I can get the hard copy from my library system, but showing 226 pages. Not sure I would devote that much time but might get it to see if it can capture my attention. Is that the one book you would most recommend, and if so do you know of a link where I could read a sample of it for online without requiring an app? Doesn't have to be the whole thing, just want to see what I'm getting into

Here’s one of his essays that’s also in the book: “The Pitfalls of Liberalism”. Less than 8 pages long.

And in response to you referring to Kwame Ture and Fred Hampton as “obscure fringe characters”:

They are certainly not seen as obscure fringe characters by the establishment elite. The US government and neoliberal establishment, especially the FBI, quite literally listed Ture (at the time known as Stokely Carmichael) and Hampton as their most prominent domestic enemies. Via the FBI’s notorious counterintelligence program (COINTELPRO), Kwame Ture and Fred Hampton were among the FBI’s main targets for character destruction, psychological warfare and, in the case of Fred Hampton, literal assassination.

After the assassinations of Malcolm X and Fred Hampton, Kwame Ture became the single most surveilled and targeted individual under COINTELPRO. In his memos J. Edgar Hoover frequently referred to Ture as the next “Black Messiah”... Which sounds insane because it is, but it also shows the establishment’s fear of Ture. Hardly a fringe character to them.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    To see the ongoing efforts of the liberal establishment to whitewash the likes of Ture and Hampton, one only needs to go back a couple of months to Rep. John Lewis’s funeral.

During his eulogy of Lewis, the head neolib himself Bill Clinton decided it was a necessary time to chastise Kwame Ture and those in the Civil Rights movement who worked alongside Ture, even though Ture has been dead for over 20 years.

This is how much the liberal establishment tries to turn Ture into an “obscure fringe character” – decades later they still feel the need to stomp on his memory and make sure future generations only associate the Civil Rights movement with the passive assimilationist philosophies of those like Rep. John Lewis.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Sounds like McConnell has conceded that the EC decision (the official one by the states at issue) will carry the day during the formal presentation before Congress...

China must have finally got to him too.:rolleyes:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I keep checking back, in hopes of catching the inflection point where the talk goes from "it's not over" to "it's in God's hands now..." :dunno:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Cocaine Mitch's family has known ties to CCP. I sure wish that guy would get primaried!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Cocaine Mitch's family has known ties to CCP. I sure wish that guy would get primaried!

Oh reeeeeeally. Do tell. The senate majority leader who has LOADED the federal courts, including SCOTUS, with more conservative judges than anybody is not a mere RINO but an actual commie?

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My take is that Mitch doing what he must in the dance that is DC and the power. Not that I am naive, but his wife's family fought the CCP but now they favor getting along now. So a mixed bag at best...

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My take is that Mitch doing what he must in the dance that is DC and the power. Not that I am naive, but his wife's family fought the CCP but now they favor getting along now. So a mixed bag at best...
    IMHO, it sounds to me like yet another example of a former republican in good standing being maligned for daring to say anything contrary to St Trump's narrative. Fortunately for Mitch, he's in reasonably distinguished company.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Oh reeeeeeally. Do tell. The senate majority leader who has LOADED the federal courts, including SCOTUS, with more conservative judges than anybody is not a mere RINO but an actual commie?

There's a lot of fishy stuff out there on his wife Elaine Chao (married in 1993) and her dad's Taiwanese shipping company.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What exactly is the point with SolarWinds? Are we discussing whether they had a sinister role in the election itself or that they were hacked by foreign countries? The latter is what I keep seeing as the background for the government investigation which has a different connotation than raid.

I suspect that MSM wanted to ramp up the hacking of government agencies angle with the Solar Winds suite having a back door, but didn't know the same back door led into Dominion voting machines. Perhaps the raid on Solar Winds headquarters is to determine whether witting/unwitting conspirators and fish for any interesting data retained

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Me either, although we may disagree on whether that's a good or bad thing. :)

I think there is a compelling argument for the long view on this one. Republicans control a bunch of states, so let's use those investigative powers to look at some of the corporate-level allegations of wrongdoing - like Dominion. Especially in red states that use Dominion (I think there are some), let's figure out to what extent that system is really vulnerable. We can't change other states' systems, but we can make a political issue of it.

And then look to 2024.

The other options I've seen floated are worse than the pox of 4 years of Biden/Harris.

That would certainly only be an opinion and is not necessarily shared by others. Acquiescing to massive fraud to steal an election is not a valid way forward either, and IMO you underestimate the poxiness level of 4 years under the usurper

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You can have Microsoft Word but not Microsoft excel.

SolarWinds Serv-U is not SolarWinds Orion. Even the screenshot says Serv-U. Its not a denial Dominion may run SolarWinds Software. It's a denial they run Solarwinds Orion.

And if windows had a back door, would it matter, security-wise, whether you ran just Word or just Excel on the platform?

Orion is the only implicated software so far, which is not the same as saying Orion is the only implicated software. No such blanket pardon is supported by the evidence so far

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So it sounds like you are on the wait a little bit and see fence with me?

Let me offer you a drink.....how about a 2 Gingers Ginger?

And if windows had a back door, would it matter, security-wise, whether you ran just Word or just Excel on the platform?

Orion is the only implicated software so far, which is not the same as saying Orion is the only implicated software. No such blanket pardon is supported by the evidence so far

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom