• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Okay. Pretty awesome. Agreed. What about it relates to the 2020 election?

Well she's wearing blue so she's a democrat and therefore we know the video is fake because real hula dancers don't wear tops...I got all that just from the still

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It harms people in the state, sure. It also harms the candidates. Trump has standing to bring court cases.

Some attorneys are saying that the Texas suit was dismissed without prejudice and that after the electors are named in the states Texas can go for another bite of the apple because the harm will be literal. I actually believe the actions described in my post earlier and think SCOTUS is scared and doesn't know what to do, not legally but practically...

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Some attorneys are saying that the Texas suit was dismissed without prejudice and that after the electors are named in the states Texas can go for another bite of the apple because the harm will be literal. I actually believe the actions described in my post earlier and think SCOTUS is scared and doesn't know what to do, not legally but practically...

I am not a lawyer either, so I don't think I could adequately respond to your opinion, other than to say that is not the way I interpret what Alito and Thomas said. As to your "inside scoop" of what went down behind closed doors....it's just more of the same. Not verified or verifiable. And, having some understanding of what Alito and Thomas said in writing, I think your source is dreaming.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The Gen Pol thread has Selma to calm the waters.. So I thought I'd bring something to this thread.

salma.gif

It's SALMA, not SELMA!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    To be that stupid, they're way out in the skinny part of the distribution and there aren't that many of them. Newsweek just wants to play up any divisions in the GOP

I hope so. I keep hearing/seeing that theme and that does "scare" me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What difference does it make if the run-off is done on the same voting system that the cheat was in last time?

I don't mind if its run on the same system as long as its been thoroughly vetted.

Furthermore if the GOP run state and party can't stop a cheat in a race with this much attention then I'd be more than willing to let Democratic nominees run our intelligence agencies. No telling what we don't know is compromised already. I've seen enough real life movies where sometimes the best way to stop a cheat is to employ one.

edwea

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Nope. Outcheating your opponent is not the way to win an election or the way to govern. I understand that it has been working for them, but that doesn't make it right. It makes it illegitimate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope. Outcheating your opponent is not the way to win an election or the way to govern. I understand that it has been working for them, but that doesn't make it right. It makes it illegitimate.

It is when you're opponent is too inept to prove it. Not to be mean, but at this point there are only two possibilities: The democrats cheated and the republicans are too dumb to prove what they say is "obvious" to everyone, OR the democrats won legitimately. Personally, I don't think the republicans are stupid. I think they know dang well Biden won, but want to avoid the wrath of the president, and thus are toeing the line.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is when you're opponent is too inept to prove it. Not to be mean, but at this point there are only two possibilities: The democrats cheated and the republicans are too dumb to prove what they say is "obvious" to everyone, OR the democrats won legitimately. Personally, I don't think the republicans are stupid. I think they know dang well Biden won, but want to avoid the wrath of the president, and thus are toeing the line.

Actually the dems have figured out how to use the system against the republicans.

They file a lawsuit before the election because of actions. Nope, no damages yet.

They file to stop certification. Nope, not certified, no damages.

They file after certification. Nope, not approved by the legislature.

They file after legislature approval. Nope, too late legal deadlines and all.

The 3D version of heads I win, tails you lose...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

And oh yes, the republicans are going to break into the Philly democratic machine and get the goods. We have the analytical data proving the steal, the criminal can come over the next year or so. I think you an honest guy, why don't we send you to monitor for republicans in south Philly?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom