The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, it's not that people haven't done really difficult things and made serious sacrifices. That is certainly worthy of gratitude. But hero? Maybe that word doesn't mean what everyone thinks it does. "Oh, you joined the military? You're such a hero!" Give me a break.

Well, everyone has a different definition. And sometimes it evolves.
    My definition used to be, someone that risks their life for others.

It has evolved to...
    Someone that risks their life for others, or drastically positively affects another's life.
    Actually, I'm not sure how to write the second part.

an example of my addition would be....
    You take your child in to the hospital, the doctor (and team) does surgery, and saves your child's life.
    To me, the doctor and team are heroes. Even though they did not risk their life.

A person that quits their job, sets up a program to help "underprivileged" children, and changes their life.... that person is a hero, even though they did not risk heir life.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well, that may have been true in our day. But I swear nowadays the SEALs are killing themselves trying to be the next one to get a book out.

Funny you should say that.....

The difference in what's posted on Facebook while "in" and what get's posted when "out" is amazing....I asked my cousin if he thought it would be okay if I posted this on INGO and he showed me this guy's Facebook page and I busted out laughing...Apparently it's "cool"....Not a "friend" but I did meet him....

Sig wanted somebody for the ad that knew what they are doing so he got the gig...He's in all three but this is the main one he is in....The one I know is still in but is mostly training other's now...He may stay in for the long haul...This guy and him were on the same team and my cousin brought them into the shop when they were here local for some training.....

OMG I am turning into Kirk Freeman....LOL..."I know this guy..."

[video=youtube;uy2xZ5NT7F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy2xZ5NT7F0[/video]

What's funny is???? How much these guys like older classic firearms..I guess when you get to play with the big fun stuff all day long there is something romantic about an old flintlock or WW I rifle that's been there and back....

They decock their Sig's when shooting them between shots...When my cousin asked why they looked at him and said,

"With a handgun the first shot is the one that counts...The rest will be easy in S/A..."

I NEVER would have thought like that...But they do....

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    True story...

Back in 1938 an older man came into the hardware store in Carrolton, Kentucky out of breath and threw a wad of cash on the counter saying,

"I need every G-- damn 12 gauge shell you got, slug and buck shot preferably but I'll take it all..."

The shop owner and the folks hanging around knew the old guy...He lived by himself down by the Kentucky River...Curious they asked him what all of the fuss was about.....

His answer is classic....

"I done heared on my wireless that SOB Hitler done took Warsaw but I'll be G-- Damned if I'm going to let him cross the Kentucky River and get Carrolton..."

It was then the patrons explained to him that there is another Warsaw...In Poland......

Man, that wireless could predict the future—because Adolf didn’t invade Poland until 01 September 1939 (and Uncle Joe Stalin followed on 17 September 1939, which a lot of “progressives” like to ignore).

Could have been another old boy ready to defend Plymouth Indiana (west of Warsaw; on the old PRR/PFW&C main line).

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Funny you should say that.....

The difference in what's posted on Facebook while "in" and what get's posted when "out" is amazing....I asked my cousin if he thought it would be okay if I posted this on INGO and he showed me this guy's Facebook page and I busted out laughing...Apparently it's "cool"....Not a "friend" but I did meet him....

Sig wanted somebody for the ad that knew what they are doing so he got the gig...He's in all three but this is the main one he is in....The one I know is still in but is mostly training other's now...He may stay in for the long haul...This guy and him were on the same team.....

OMG I am turning into Kirk Freeman....LOL..."I know this guy..."

[video=youtube;uy2xZ5NT7F0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy2xZ5NT7F0[/video]

I tell some "sea stories".
    But... I never give out anything I remember as classified. If I can't remember if it is, then I err on the side of caution.
    I drove a guy at work crazy when he asked how deep the sub went, and I said "Classified".
    He was bewildered, because my sub is now glow in the dark razor blades.
    I told him, if you know the progression of sub depths for the subs through the ages, you can project future depths.
    So, he looked it up online and it said "classified". The second place he found gave him a depth, but then noted "estimated data". :)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I tell some "sea stories".
    But... I never give out anything I remember as classified. If I can't remember if it is, then I err on the side of caution.
    I drove a guy at work crazy when he asked how deep the sub went, and I said "Classified".
    He was bewildered, because my sub is now glow in the dark razor blades.
    I told him, if you know the progression of sub depths for the subs through the ages, you can project future depths.
    So, he looked it up online and it said "classified". The second place he found gave him a depth, but then noted "estimated data". :)

Well no "secrets" but let's just say he was proud when he got this gig with Sig...His Facebook before that had a picture of his dog and that was about it...I never asked about anything because I knew better....

I figure anyone watching these ads Sig put out probably figured they didn't recruit these guys from the local Rod and Gun Club....:)

So you're NOT going to tell me about the underwater UFO's you saw in the South China Sea???:)

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well no "secrets" but let's just say he was proud when he got this gig with Sig...His Facebook before that had a picture of his dog and that was about it...I never asked about anything because I knew better....

I figure anyone watching these ads Sig put out probably figured they didn't recruit these guys from the local Rod and Gun Club....:)

So you're NOT going to tell me about the underwater UFO's you saw in the South China Sea???:)

No, but I may tell you about Attack Ships on fire of the shoulder of Orion...
    [video=youtube;ZTzA_xesrL8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8[/video]

Though seriously, I have seen things many Americans haven't. Though I guess that could be said about many people.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I could tell you about the time I was getting married to Meg Ryan on the space shuttle launch pad.

But I think that was a dream induced because the oxygen sensors went out of calibration and the O2 level onboard got a little wonky.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Keep telling yourself that.....:)

I'm pretty sure it didn't really happen.
    For one, Meg Ryan is not here.
    For two, on the way to my honeymoon, I stopped at a drugstore because I wanted to make sure there were no little actaeons for a while.
    (I guess I overthink things even in my sleep).
    And as I reached for the door, the curtain on my bunk was yanked to the side, and the roving watch shined his red light at me and said, "Petty Officer Actaeon, time to wake up, watch in half an hour".

Needless to say, I was pretty unhappy. One minute I'm going on a honeymoon with Meg Ryan, next I'm in an underwater sewer with 100 guys.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I remember one of the first criticisms of Obama was that he didn't have a flag pin on his lapel.

I don't look at Trump pics very much. Does he wear a flag in his lapel?

Obama was a community organizer. Trump bought communities and then took them into bankruptcy. Which is worse?

Obama was accused of being a Kenyan. Trump...a moron. I guess I'd rather be Kenyan.

Trump isn't Hillary.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Been to Rosey Roads Puerto Rico?
    I've been past the CB base there.

Yeah. I was there and on Vieques. Only time I was ever on a boat was the ferry over from Rosy Roads to Vieques. There was a sub along one of the quays and a destroyer of some sort. Lots of rain for the few months I was there. Built some power lines and some water mains. Caught a gas line on fire. Got drunk. Gambled. Fraternized with loose women. I learned that not gambling left more money for drinking and women.

Your usual sort of stuff.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom