The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Noooo!
    People lie about military service?
    Never
    I often ask them questions when they proclaim great feats of daring do!

“Hey when you call for fire what’s the difference between shift from a known point and a polar plot” ?

answer = crickets!

Hush you, you know how long it's been since I did call for fire?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I actually have a very good friend who is in the SEALs......You know how you can tell the Navy SEALs????? They'll never mention it.....At all....And at least him and the few members of his team I met are about my size...Fit but not like you see in the movies....Very, very, very, very humble as well.....There were four of them here in the shop....The one I know is my cousin's best friend.....The most humble guy I know....When they were in the shop someone said, "You boys in the service???" They answered yes.....He asked what they did....."IT network and computers mostly...."

That's my experience with SEALS. They are naturally averse to drawing any attention to themselves.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I have come to realize that my pop was the only aircraft mechanic in the Army.

What a coincidence. My Dad was apparently the only guy in the Army who maintained anti-aircraft missiles. As for myself, did Saddam Hussein ever invade Grand Rapids, MI? You're welcome.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Salma as a young gymnast.

salma-hayek-01-600.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You stopped him at Dearborn?

True story...

Back in 1939 (thank you Mike) an older man came into the hardware store in Carrolton, Kentucky out of breath and threw a wad of cash on the counter saying,

"I need every G-- damn 12 gauge shell you got, slug and buck shot preferably but I'll take it all..."

The shop owner and the folks hanging around knew the old guy...He lived by himself down by the Kentucky River...Curious they asked him what all of the fuss was about.....

His answer is classic....

"I done heared on my wireless that SOB Hitler done took Warsaw but I'll be G-- Damned if I'm going to let him cross the Kentucky River and get Carrolton..."

It was then the patrons explained to him that there is another Warsaw...In Poland......

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    True story...

Back in 1938 an older man came into the hardware store in Carrolton, Kentucky out of breath and threw a wad of cash on the counter saying,

"I need every G-- damn 12 gauge shell you got, slug and buck shot preferably but I'll take it all..."

The shop owner and the folks hanging around knew the old guy...He lived by himself down by the Kentucky River...Curious they asked him what all of the fuss was about.....

His answer is classic....

"I done heared on my wireless that SOB Hitler done took Warsaw but I'll be G-- Damned if I'm going to let him cross the Kentucky River and get Carrolton..."

It was then the patrons explained to him that there is another Warsaw...In Poland......

Up here, Winona Lake had already voted in favor of the Anschluss.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I knew he wasn't being mean...

But I also know the sacrifice Alpo made for this country and I do want him to know because of that sacrifice he made that I hold him in higher regard than myself.....I truly do...Ask any vet (especially from Alpo's time) that comes in the shop and you'll see what I mean....

I introduced two to each other last week....Good customers and men both....I said, "Hey you two vacationed in the same place in 1967-1970...." and I introduced them to each other....They spent some time talking, I heard stories that the history channel don't tell, and it was the best three hours I have had in a long time...

As they were getting ready to leave one said to the other, "And hey....Welcome home brother..." The other responded in kind and they shook hands with emotion only brother's can share....

And then I had to go to the bathroom, run some water and grab some tissue....Tore me up...Thought of a pic Alpo shared with me and just kind of got choked up.....

But it was beautiful....

I usually try to stop and shake hands when I see someone with a hat that denotes service. If it says Vietnam, or they mention it in the conversation, I tell them I was just a kid when it happened and I heard the way they were treated. Then I tell them, "I was raised better than that. Thank you for you service. And welcome home." One guy outside the supermarket was tearing up. I might have after that, I tear up easily.

Aw shucks.

You do recognize that I'm one of the few who wasn't a Navy Seal? Seems like all the vets I meet now were either a Seal or Pilatus-Porter pilots for the CIA in Laos.

:)

:patriot:
    Yes, I hear SEALS a lot.
    I respect those that served... IN ANY CAPACICITY. No need to make yourself look better. A cook may not be a glamorous job, but it's needed to help the man at the sharp end of the stick.
    I am happy to tell people I HID under the water. And that I worked WITH SEALs. But I AM NOT a SEAL. More like a bus driver.

No. Wrong movie.

"We were soldiers once..."

4.jpg

But, I wuz a Seabee. Not a dogface.

Been to Rosey Roads Puerto Rico?
    I've been past the CB base there.
    :patriot:

I meet "Rangers" every other week, met a few SEALs and Green Berets too. I never knew the military was 95% SF, and the other 5% Rangers. However, the other day I actually met a guy who claimed to be a Ranger, and asked him "tab or actual Ranger." He got a little wide-eyed, and with disappointment, said "tab." I laughed, and told him it was all good, because at least he actually kinda could say that, and more amazingly he actually served.

I have come to realize that my pop was the only aircraft mechanic in the Army.

My previous statement... Anyone that served gets some respect from me.

These are the guys that need to be thanked. And remembered.

Vietnam-Wall-120-JPG.jpg

Amen.

I actually have a very good friend who is in the SEALs......You know how you can tell the Navy SEALs????? They'll never mention it.....At all....And at least him and the few members of his team I met are about my size...Fit but not like you see in the movies....Very, very, very, very humble as well.....There were four of them here in the shop....The one I know is my cousin's best friend.....The most humble guy I know....When they were in the shop someone said, "You boys in the service???" They answered yes.....He asked what they did....."IT network and computers mostly...."

Well, that may have been true in our day. But I swear nowadays the SEALs are killing themselves trying to be the next one to get a book out.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not to be a complainer... but I guess I am.

Shouldn't the title have "politics" somewhere in it?

Maybe "General Politics and Salma Hayek thread" or something like it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Noooo!
    People lie about military service?
    Never
    I often ask them questions when they proclaim great feats of daring do!

“Hey when you call for fire what’s the difference between shift from a known point and a polar plot” ?

answer = crickets!

I "think" I know the answer to that.
    But, if I'm wrong, I'll attribute it to being a submariner.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    HRB491-2.jpg

I think it normally starts here. The price of this ribbon can be relatively inexpensive, but at times becomes the most expensive piece of fabric ever purchased.

I know a family member (who is on INGO) that has one courtesy of an IED.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom