The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At some point, you'll recognize that the behavior isn't political. It's gender. If you defend predatory behavior for one party over the other, you might be a good party man, but you've missed the larger moral question.

Franken's actions were inappropriate. If this is not a singular instance, then they should be disclosed and he can suffer the consequences. Otherwise, I still feel the foto is what I'd expect of an eighth grader, not a 40 year old. Is it worth pursuing legally? I would agree with the lady: it's done and over with.

As to Trump: I submit that there is a consistent behavior pattern that shows he has an expectation of privilege, whether its in business or women. He deserves neither.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    At some point, you'll recognize that the behavior isn't political. It's gender. If you defend predatory behavior for one party over the other, you might be a good party man, but you've missed the larger moral question.

Franken's actions were inappropriate. If this is not a singular instance, then they should be disclosed and he can suffer the consequences. Otherwise, I still feel the foto is what I'd expect of an eighth grader, not a 40 year old. Is it worth pursuing legally? I would agree with the lady: it's done and over with.

As to Trump: I submit that there is a consistent behavior pattern that shows he has an expectation of privilege, whether its in business or women. He deserves neither.

The only thing the photo does is prove something happened. This is the difference between knowing Franken did something and thinking Trump might have. If you can establish that the Donald did these things I will endure all the wrath of the INGO Trumpers calling him out. But I've got nothing to go on.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    There is a difference between words and actions. If there is substantiated evidence, rather than just another media witch hunt, I will be more than happy to condemn the blowhard in chief.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    At this point, I'd ask that one of the lawyers on INGO do a little investigation of the complaints and give us a non-binding response on same. New York Times, WaPo, Wikipedia, Time Magazine, People Magazine....there are a number of articles by folks who stand behind their reporting.

I think there is a fire underneath all the smoke. As I said, a consistent pattern of behavior that shows an expectation of privilege.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    At this point, I'd ask that one of the lawyers on INGO do a little investigation of the complaints and give us a non-binding response on same. New York Times, WaPo, Wikipedia, Time Magazine, People Magazine....there are a number of articles by folks who stand behind their reporting.

I think there is a fire underneath all the smoke. As I said, a consistent pattern of behavior that shows an expectation of privilege.

If there is indeed fire I would like to see it. The sources you list have been doing everything in their power to undermine the president. Sadly the current state of the national media makes it extremely difficult to determine what it truth and what is just more grasping at any available straw to discredit him. Had these entities used any discretion at all in their attacks on him they might have retained some credibility.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That's because you choose to be blind to the overwhelming number of complaints.

Good day.

What? I read the whole Wikipedia article (which is still funny), and I only saw complaints. What am I going to do with that?

If someone came on here and accused me of grabbing their junk, would you start calling for my arrests My impression is that you would because you think I'm a Republican (which is wildly inaccurate). But if you thought I were a Democrat, you would say something like "boys will be boys" or "they had it coming", no matter what sort of evidence was brought forward.

Give me something beyond allegations, and I'll call Trump out for this as I have done other things. Give me nothing but accusations and I will continue to point out your inconsistency.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Great, there's probably fire under the Trump smoke. The raging bonfire that is Franken, that's nothin'.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Raging Bonfire and Al Franken. Funny. Not grammatically close to being a great metaphor. But funny.

Lawyer. It's time for a lawyer.

giphy.gif

better-call-saul-christ-chuck2.gif

That was a simile. Always the redheaded step-child to a metaphor, but a pretty good one. Maybe you should step back to similes for awhile.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Good day.

In this ultra-partisan age? Really? The overwhelming accusations that Trump is “literally Hitler” I suppose established a pattern which suggests that he is.

Anymore, accusations from a member of one party against the other have been reduced to noise.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Good day.

There is a difference between words and actions. If there is substantiated evidence, rather than just another media witch hunt, I will be more than happy to condemn the blowhard in chief.

Guys, there is a weird sort of deja vu here for me. If we switched the subject to something like Benghazi, we could swap the authors on those posts and likely never know the difference.

Alpo, you are correct that some of us hold Trump to lower standards than we might another politician; but you need to account for the constant drumbeat of negative news and hit pieces the press already supplies. That we no longer care about what is bruited about by the MSMBS is a function of how much of it turns out to be nothing

But you need to see yourself in that same role in your defense of Democrats. You want to give the hag a pass on Benghazi because there were no indictments when she had a friendly President, a sympathetic deep state and a sycophantic press. You want to convict Trump and non-Democrats on the basest hearsay. Your argument's internal consistency is approaching Kutsian levels and is thus bringing out the dogs by its stunning level of hypocrisy

It is a measure of the esteem I hold your body of work in that I find this so startling. I have no problem with partisanship, I exhibit the quality myself; but it is one trait that should be worn on your sleeve if you wish to continue to be taken seriously

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    We've beaten Benghazi to death. I believe an ambassador generally has a great degree of autonomy. I think Stevens made a bad decision. I think the Obama administration lied to put the best possible face on it. Not much more can be said. I'm not going to change my mind.

As to defending democrats...well, on this website, that's tantamount to treason, so every comment is bound to be viewed in its worst light. I'm OK with that. I think most of the conservative philosophy here is neanderthalian. But, we mostly come here because it's about guns...and on guns we mostly agree.

Only a neophyte would show up on INGO expecting to change opinion.

I think the reaction here to Franken's action is overstated. It was inappropriate, but no pattern of behavior has been revealed such as with Weinstein, Spacey, Clinton and Trump. So, since the lady has given him a pass, I can't get all that stirred up in some holier-than-thou Puritanical lather. But, some can't let it go at that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Raging Bonfire and Al Franken. Funny. Not grammatically close to being a great metaphor. But funny.

Lawyer. It's time for a lawyer. [I don't think the INGO esquires do pro bono work (on INGO)]

That was a simile. Always the redheaded step-child to a metaphor, but a pretty good one. Maybe you should step back to similes for awhile.

*.*

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

Lawyer. It's time for a lawyer.

giphy.gif

better-call-saul-christ-chuck2.gif

Nice! Correcting writing on an Internet forum! Would you like my next post to be in ALA?

These are the sorts of things people do in the wake of a blown argument. You don't do losing well, which is surprising with all the practice you've had.

Last edited:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    We've beaten Benghazi to death. I believe an ambassador generally has a great degree of autonomy. I think Stevens made a bad decision. I think the Obama administration lied to put the best possible face on it. Not much more can be said. I'm not going to change my mind.

As to defending democrats...well, on this website, that's tantamount to treason, so every comment is bound to be viewed in its worst light. I'm OK with that. I think most of the conservative philosophy here is neanderthalian. But, we mostly come here because it's about guns...and on guns we mostly agree.

Only a neophyte would show up on INGO expecting to change opinion.

I think the reaction here to Franken's action is overstated. It was inappropriate, but no pattern of behavior has been revealed such as with Weinstein, Spacey, Clinton and Trump. So, since the lady has given him a pass, I can't get all that stirred up in some holier-than-thou Puritanical lather. But, some can't let it go at that.

You say a pattern was established with Trump. By whom? Wikipedia?

Stop flailing about and make a supported argument.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom