The 2017 General Salma Hayek discussion thread...Part 3!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ambassadors aren't Navy Seals or Force Recon. They have broad latitude in setting their own agenda and objectives within a country. If Stevens felt unsafe going into Benghazi, he could have (and, in hindsight, should have) said: "No. I'm not going without stepped up security."

He made a rookie error (even though he would be considered a career field officer with experience in the Middle East) and paid the ultimate price. It's really a shame.

What I have heard whispered, and probably makes some sense, is that the State Dept. was turning a blind eye to or possibly facilitating the movement of weapons through that area that were bound for Syria. That would explain them keeping extra security away as they didn't want more witnesses. Plus, if some of the local warlords were reaping some of the benefits of these dealings they probably determined they had plenty of non traditional security. There are probably as many reasons to disbelieve this as to believe it but it seems to be a topic no one surrounding the issue wants to discuss. Given my experience with folks like this that can be very telling.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am uncertain as to which quote or gif you are referring to.

I think he is referring to his use of purple. As he said earlier, that if it's NOT in purple he means every word of it.
    If it IS in purple he doesn't mean a single word of it.

So in actuality, he is on our side of the issue and poking fun at Alpo in his attempt at deflection.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think he is referring to his use of purple. As he said earlier, that if it's NOT in purple he means every word of it.
    If it IS in purple he doesn't mean a single word of it.

So in actuality, he is on our side of the issue and poking fun at Alpo in his attempt at deflection.

Um, okay.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I'm pretty sure Birds Away has hit on it. Every international decision is multi-dimensional. There are wheels within wheels. Why else would the CIA be turning gears down the street?

Sometimes the dangers are known. Sometimes they are not. I think our biggest mistake is believing that people in the world think like us and want to have our systems and share our values.

They do not. Never have and never will. We can nuke em all and turn the survivors into neon zombies. They still won't think like Americans.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If the boss (hitlary) at the state department knew the dangers they never should have allowed Stevens to go.

Denying security measures after knowing the facts leads me to only 2 answers.....
    either she is an incompetent ****head or an uncaring malicious *****.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    “Hey boss, this machine is dangerous without the safety guards installed.
    You should reinstall them.”

“Stick your head in anyhow. I need this job done or your fired.”

How would that work out in the “real” world?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If the boss (hitlary) at the state department knew the dangers they never should have allowed Stevens to go.

Denying security measures after knowing the facts leads me to only 2 answers.....

Either of the above....OR someone is pretty naive about the workings of the world.

Want to phone a friend?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I think she depended too much on the greed of the local warlords and the presence of other affiliated entities would provide security in fact rather than in display. Unfortunately, loyalties can change pretty fast in that part of the world and affiliated doesn't necessarily mean they are willing to go into full on battle. She made a decision that turned out to be wrong.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Look here..... see!? It can work. Even the guy that didn’t directly act is still responsible for those under their command.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...penalties-on-collision-both-ships-made-errors

We all understand the buck stops here meme. You cannot see past your hatred to understand that Stevens isn't the first ambassador killed in action. But what is different is that there weren't witch hunts costing over $20 million because of those attacks.

DURING BUSH ADMINISTRATION
    13 Embassy attacks
    66 deaths
    3 American diplomats killed
    22 Embassy employees killed
    Number of investigations 0

DURING REAGAN ADMINISTRATION
    10 Embassy attacks
    318 deaths
    1 US ambassador killed
    18 CiA officers
    254 Marines
    Number of investigations 1

DURING OBAMA ADMINISTRATION
    2 Embassy attacks
    4 American deaths
    Number of Investigations 13

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Well, Hillary ain't "my side". I was done with Clinton (and Gore) with Lewinsky. No recovering from that. I voted for W. Didn't realize Cheney would turn into Dr. Strangelove......

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom