The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Like I said how does sexual orientation have anything whatsoever in H*** to do with this? LOL
    Read this slowly.
    For the third time, I don't know what his orientation is nor do I care. I didn't bring up his orientation.

How many genders are there? If you answer more than two, you are denying science.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Read this slowly.
    For the third time, I don't know what his orientation is nor do I care. I didn't bring up his orientation.

How many genders are there? If you answer more than two, you are denying science.

Ok so what the H*** does gender go to do with it? Would you like to bring baseball into it as well?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The climate scientists participate in the tactics that make skeptics like me suspect they're saying the facts are saying more than they're saying. There's the whole climate-gate a few years ago. It's difficult to tell who is telling the truth in that one. And since I'm not a climate scientist and I don't care to put in the work to become one, I can only infer reality from people's words versus actions. If they act like they're trying to hide something, they probably are.

They use Saul Alinsky tactics to help further the believe that the sky is falling. THAT's a red flag. If they act like they don't believe what they're saying, they probable don't. A host of climate change alarmists preach one thing and do another. Their behavior betrays their beliefs. If Al Gore really, truly believed all of this, to the magnitudes of harm that could be done, he would certainly live his own life as if he believed it. And so would all the other climate change hypocrites.
    The problem I have with the whole topic is that these people create computer models to predict what is going to happen to the world's climate. These models are built on their knowledge of how the climate works. That is great, except I do not think humans really have a clue how it all works. Add to that the fact that we really only have a small window of accurate temperature readings on which to base these models.

The world's climate is an extremely complex thing, with many different things having major affects on it. How vain are we to think we have it all figured out?

Someone mentioned earlier that meteorologists can't predict weather accurately and they were scoffed at. Does anyone think that it is harder to create a model to predict the weather than it would be to create a model to predict the climate?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The story is confusing as it conflates anti-ship missiles with nuclear ballistic missiles. Those are apples and oranges. This very well could have been a deliberate release. Letting NK know that we are aware of them loading ASCMs on patrol boats might just be the best way to deal with this situation.

I think your giving this idiot more credit than he is due. Previous actions and factual data shows he just simply Tweets or Re-Tweets
    with very little thought.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You just don't get it do you? I'll say it again. How in the H*** does gender identity have anything to do with the discussion of climate change???????????
    I believe the point is that if he doesn't believe in established science like how many genders humans have, then how could his opinion on anything scientific be relevant.

Using a TV personality to back up any claim is kind of silly to begin with.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    You just don't get it do you? I'll say it again. How in the H*** does gender identity have anything to do with the discussion of climate change???????????

I think he (KJQ) is commenting on the validity of your "expert." Not stating that gender identity has anything to do with climate change.

'What was that number? Wasn't it something like 97% or even as high as 98% or 99% of scientist believe green house gasses which were emitted by human beings heavily influenced this climate change? Besides those overwhelming numbers Bill Nye the science guy agrees. So if you have a problem believing the overwhelming numbers and numerous studies then you really can't deny because after all Bill Nye the science guy super nerd knows what he's talking about.

I believe he (KJQ) is disagreeing with this statement because this "super nerd [who] knows what he's talking about" is denying the science of 2 genders. Therefore is not a reasonable expert regarding science.

:twocents:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think your giving this idiot more credit than he is due. Previous actions and factual data shows he just simply Tweets or Re-Tweets
    with very little thought.

I said this "could have been". I am not privy to what the JCS decides nor the information on which they make those decisions. I do know that in the past we have let some information slip to get a desired response or lack of response. This could or could not be one of those times
    He may be a lot of things but an idiot isn't one of them.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I think he (KJQ) is commenting on the validity of your "expert." Not stating that gender identity has anything to do with climate change.

I believe he (KJQ) is disagreeing with this statement because this "super nerd [who] knows what he's talking about" is denying the science of 2 genders. Therefore is not a reasonable expert regarding science.

:twocents:

Ok, so I used a throw away that I shouldn't have. The 97% to 99% was the main point anyway.

But it as usual if someone can find a weakness somewhere they'll go to any length to use it. This time someone wanted to inject gender into a discussion about climate change. Weak

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I said this "could have been". I am not privy to what the JCS decides nor the information on which they make those decisions. I do know that in the past we have let some information slip to get a desired response or lack of response. This could or could not be one of those times
    He may be a lot of things but an idiot isn't one of them.

He reacts without thinking about any of the consequences and he does it all the time. Many have tried to excuse this as something else, but time and time again it's proven to be nothing more than Trump reacting without thinking.

I don't know what you call that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom