The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    With social media it all gets found out at some point. But does it really matter? Have any of them paid any political cost for it? If they put their own name behind it, people seem to care. They put an alias out there and say what they say and it's like the public doesn't make them pay for the comment.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    By "wrong headed" if you mean it violates free/open market principles I'd agree with that. But saying it doesn't make sense isn't the same thing. It makes sense from a purely pragmatic point of view, which Trump is almost purely pragmatic. It would achieve his goal of providing leverage for getting an advantage in negotiation. If that's all you care about, then that makes a lot of sense. I'd rather stick with free market principles. I'm against using tariffs as a bargaining chip because I appose the idea of tariffs except for narrow set of specific purposes.

This is one of the areas I disagree with Trump. Not every business tactic is suitable for governments.

Mueller is safe either way. Conway has said that Trump will not try to fire Mueller and will fully cooperate with the investigation. Unless, of course, he fires his current chief of staff in the next couple of months. That could happen.

It is so they can say stuff they want said without being politically responsible for it. Kind of an extension of having public and privately held views.

As far as I can remember Trump has floated every silly a** idea from collecting it via Western Union to any number of kind of Tarifs. i guess in the beginning he may have just said they would pay for it, but he quickly came up with the Western Union idea after pushed to explain how.

Regardless I think the phone call between Trump and the Mexican President how goofy the concept was in the first place. Sure he try's toget the Mexican President to agree but I think that he almost spends as much time begging him not to speak to the media about it. It's the perception thing that he's most concerned with.

Either way way this thought that Mexico will surrender a payment to build our wall is simply ludicrous. The Mexican President has to answer to his people and he made that clear on the phone.

so although a good portion of Trump supporters seem to think we can fight this battle with this country and that battle with that country and Oh by the way we can also fight this battle over there I got news for you. No, even as great as you think we might be at some point you'll simply over extend yourself. And yes I think if you somehow believe another country will pay for our wall your wrong headed.

But hey let's see what Trump can do, but he's yet to get Mexico to pay for our wall. But if he somehow does this by a tarif please don't tell me he got Mexico to pay for the wall because that simply will not be the case. If done by tarif we will still be paying for that wall.

This is not the only time he's got it wrong. He's been off on many things. He either just says the first thing that pops into his head or what he believes will be extremely popular with his base. But he's been wrong on many occasions just because he has no clue what he's talking about. But then again he doesn't like to read and he's not a very thoughtful individual. But evidently this mixture works real well with his followers.

Just because Conway said something that doesn't make it so. It maybe, but then again it wouldn't be the first time Trump got a hair up his b*** and did the exact opposite thing. This is after all the chaos that is Trump.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    no veto proof.....he could have if he wanted too.....

Could Trump Veto, Block or Delay Russian Sanctions Bill?

This is pointless and you just helped to make my argument even if you take point with my terminology. Big frigging deal, nothing is veto proof.

Congress passed the bill with overwhelming support. Like they said in the article he would have faced a political backlash which would have made him look weak if they override his veto. So his veto in this case most likely would work against him.

Next time I guess instead of using the words veto proof I'll have to take the time to write it out in long form. LOL

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    more leaks......these people need to be arrested.....you do know from what they said in the 80's we should have all be dead by now...:rolleyes:

Your outraged that this was leaked?

Conversations between the President and the Mexican President Yes, this No.

You're*

So we're now quibbling over who gets to be outraged over which information is leaked? How do you feel about Edward Snowden? I think if government is secretly ****ing Americans, I'm just not going to be terribly upset about that information becoming public. As for the climate change ****, I'd like that to become way more transparent than it is. Leaking scientists' trumphobia doesn't really serve that purpose. I'm gonna say the information leaked here doesn't fall under the category of whistleblowing. So I'd go with procecuting the leakers of this information.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Climate denier. Well your definitely on the side of science. LOL

That's fine with me. Historically many people have made great strides in knowledge by being "against science". This climate change is more a political movement than anything else. The sun is cyclical and the earth's climate is ever changing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're*

So we're now quibbling over who gets to be outraged over which information is leaked? How do you feel about Edward Snowden? I think if government is secretly ****ing Americans, I'm just not going to be terribly upset about that information becoming public. As for the climate change ****, I'd like that to become way more transparent than it is. Leaking scientists' trumphobia doesn't really serve that purpose. I'm gonna say the information leaked here doesn't fall under the category of whistleblowing. So I'd go with procecuting the leakers of this information.

Wait, what? What's the crime?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom