The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    A significant part of the problem seems to be your willingness to believe anything the liberal media trots out in front of you.

I'm almost wondering if we shouldn't start trotting out all of the lies the President and his Administration have told and compare those to any of the mistakes CNN has made in their reporting. But first you have to ask yourself that given how Trump is do you really want to go there?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm almost wondering if we shouldn't start trotting out all of the lies the President and his Administration have told and compare those to any of the mistakes CNN has made in their reporting. But first you have to ask yourself that given how Trump is do you really want to go there?

Fair point. Trump Lies > Fake News

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Why would anyone expect truth from government or corporate media in this day and age? That's funny.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Why would anyone expect truth from government or corporate media in this day and age? That's funny.

Often you get what your willing to accept. Plain and simple you don't demand it, you don't ask for it, then you can't possibly get it.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Have you not seen the transcript of the president's phone call with the Mexican president. It's pretty clear that the president doesn't expect Mexico to pay for the wall, unless "come out in a wash" has a different meaning than I'm used to seeing. I think it's time to drop this wall business and move on.

I had not read the transcript, but just did, from the beginning to the point of "come out in a wash", then skimmed and read from there. I think it's very clear that the President meant that border tarriffs (10-15%) and trade equalization would "pay for the wall." If we could achieve something like a fair trade agreement, that money would "come out in the wash". Did you read it differently?

As an aside, though I think the transcript should never have been leaked, it shows a remarkable degree of diplomacy, many points of agreement, and both expressed mutual admiration for each other and each other's countries. And, each recognized the political position the other faces.

ETA: If you just follow the WaPo "jumps" to their highlighted parts of the conversation, it reads very differently than if you read from the beginning, in the context of the flow of the conversation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...ia-mexico-transcripts/?utm_term=.f2cd12fe5e05

Note that Pina Nieto asks that they look for a "creative solution" to the wall funding issue... similar to "it coming out in the wash", no?

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    what else is new......they will block or try to block everything he does for the next 7 years.....

It's nothing new, in fact it's SOP... from the article:

The Senate has used the brief sessions to block recess appointments for decades, including last year to keep President Barack Obama from being able to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom