The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm almost wondering if we shouldn't start trotting out all of the lies the President and his Administration have told and compare those to any of the mistakes CNN has made in their reporting. But first you have to ask yourself that given how Trump is do you really want to go there?

Fair point. Trump Lies > Fake News

I don't think Trump Lies > Fake News, and here's why. There are two kinds of lies Trump can tell us. Those which we can figure out are lies by doing our own fact checking. For example, it's pretty easy to figure out Trump lied about drawing a bigger inauguration crowd than Obama. But what about the lies which we can't discover on our own? For those kinds of lies we rely on honest investigative reporters to dig for the facts and report on that.

But then we catch the media making **** up about Trump, how can we trust them when they say Trump lied about something that we can't verify for ourselves? How do we know THAT's not just another made up story because #resist?

The press didn't do its job with Obama, in holding him accountable because in their bias, they can't seem to report the ****ty things he did. By spreading fake news, the press is effectively failing to hold Trump accountable because they're too unreliable to trust when they legitimately catch him lying.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think Trump Lies > Fake News, and here's why. There are two kinds of lies Trump can tell us. Those which we can figure out are lies by doing our own fact checking. For example, it's pretty easy to figure out Trump lied about drawing a bigger inauguration crowd than Obama. But what about the lies which we can't discover on our own? For those kinds of lies we rely on honest investigative reporters to dig for the facts and report on that.

But then we catch the media making **** up about Trump, how can we trust them when they say Trump lied about something that we can't verify for ourselves? How do we know THAT's not just another made up story because #resist?

The press didn't do its job with Obama, in holding him accountable because in their bias, they can't seem to report the ****ty things he did. By spreading fake news, the press is effectively failing to hold Trump accountable because they're too unreliable to trust when they legitimately catch him lying.

Just so you know what I meant. I was speaking of actual quantity. Trump has told well more lies since he's been in office than news stories about him that have been false. He lies for absolutely no reason.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just so you know what I meant. I was speaking of actual quantity. Trump has told well more lies since he's been in office than news stories about him that have been false. He lies for absolutely no reason.

Ya. I think there's a reason. Ben Shapiro likened him to a New York cab driver. No filter. Not exactly truthful. Kinda boastful. Multiply that by 1000 times and you have Trump. Not exactly what we've become accustomed to in a President. I think he mostly seems to lie when it serves his ego. Most of his lies are like, my crowds are bigger than Obama's. Heads on the left explode when he does that. And then the right eats it up an just encourages it more.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ya. I think there's a reason. Ben Shapiro likened him to a New York cab driver. No filter. Not exactly truthful. Kinda boastful. Multiply that by 1000 times and you have Trump. Not exactly what we've become accustomed to in a President. I think he mostly seems to lie when it serves his ego. Most of his lies are like, my crowds are bigger than Obama's. Heads on the left explode when he does that. And then the right eats it up an just encourages it more.

Which is a shame. If some of those on the right were raised like I was raised, then they would remember their parents told them that if you lie about the little things, then you will certainly lie about the big ones.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

What a bunch of convoluted cr**.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Which is a shame. If some of those on the right were raised like I was raised, then they would remember their parents told them that if you lie about the little things, then you will certainly lie about the big ones.

As POTUS, he's absolutely going to lie about the big ones.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So horse**** from one side is intolerable but from the other side it is just dandy. Got it.

I'm not really a Trump fan but your debating skills, or lack thereof, certainly push me in that direction.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    So horse**** from one side is intolerable but from the other side it is just dandy. Got it.

I'm not really a Trump fan but your debating skills, or lack thereof, certainly push me in that direction.

Never condoned it from either side.

Waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Looks like horses***, smells like horses***, it's horses***.

See for these things you don't need a phd nor even a masters degree.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Never condoned it from either side.

Waddles like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Looks like horses***, smells like horses***, it's horses***.

See for these things you don't need a phd nor even a masters degree.

Sure, sure, I get it. The lies you hear from skilled, professional liars are much more palatable then those brusque amateurs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom