The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is what they all do.

Yeah, but some at least have the enough respect to make up lies about potentially believable stuff, rather than tell outright how stupid they think we are, by telling us a lie that goes beyond the pale. Its like he's honestly out of touch with reality. It really makes me think back to him calling Cruz "Lyin' Ted," and I'm like "is this guy serious?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sure, sure, I get it. The lies you hear from skilled, professional liars are much more palatable then those brusque amateurs.

No, you don't get it. Trump lies an order of magnitude higher than any other president I can recall... even Clinton, and that guy was a professional liar. Trump pushes his lies in your blatantly in your face, as if to say "you're such an idiot, I can say anything I want, and you'll believe it." Most people that lie, lie for a tangible reason. Those that lie just to lie? They have issues.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I refuse to defend the sitting POTUS on this topic. However, to say that he lies an order of magnitude over previous is either willfully deceptive or tragically naive. It seems that both sides are willing to accept lies if they are about something they fervently wish to believe. The only two differences are the level of skill in the initial lie and the amount of support the media juggernaut applies to support, ignore or misdirect from them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I refuse to defend the sitting POTUS on this topic. However, to say that he lies an order of magnitude over previous is either willfully deceptive or tragically naive. It seems that both sides are willing to accept lies if they are about something they fervently wish to believe. The only two differences are the level of skill in the initial lie and the amount of support the media juggernaut applies to support, ignore or misdirect from them.

Order of magnitude is typically 10 times higher than the standard. Trump has been in office 8 months. Comparatively to other presidents at this point in office, I'm completely satisfied that the use of "an order of magnitude" is apt. I would challenge you to prove willful deception, or tragic naivety, in light of such.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kut, you are a reasonable man. If Trump were to receice the cover from the press that the former president did we would not be having this disdussion.

That is not accurate. We would be having it but folk like dd who swallow everything the press shovles at them would be silent.

ETA: The conversation would be much more civil/tolerable.

PS. It is surprising, that first line didn't even leave a bad taste in my mouth.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Kut, you are a reasonable man. If Trump were to receice the cover from the press that the former president did we would not be having this disdussion.

That is not accurate. We would be having it but folk like dd who swallow everything the press shovles at them would be silent.

ETA: The conversation would be much more civil/tolerable.

PS. It is surprising, that first line didn't even leave a bad taste in my mouth.

This isn't meant to be a praise for Trump but if he did have the fawning, starry-eyed support and coverage that Obama did, we'd likely not even being talking about many of his tweets. Instead of quipping about some story or coverage or another, he'd likely be speaking highly of whatever reporter and/or news outlet that gave him the good press.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This isn't meant to be a praise for Trump but if he did have the fawning, starry-eyed support and coverage that Obama did, we'd likely not even being talking about many of his tweets. Instead of quipping about some story or coverage or another, he'd likely be speaking highly of whatever reporter and/or news outlet that gave him the good press.

Yes he would.

And the country would be moving forward. But the SWAMP includes the PRESS.

New investigation: Did the press collude with Hillary and Obama.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Just so you know what I meant. I was speaking of actual quantity. Trump has told well more lies since he's been in office than news stories about him that have been false. He lies for absolutely no reason.
    Politicians lie. I gave up on expecting politicians to be truthful long ago. When a politician lies, he/she doesn't cease becoming a politician, just a representative member of that class. (I'll grant you that Trump takes it to the upper right hand corner of the envelope)

There are only 3 politicians in the last 30 years that I've even suspected of being mostly truthful most of the time.

However, when a "journalist" lies in order to persuade the masses to an opinion, they cease being journalists and become, instead, PROPAGANDISTS. And with a decidedly left bent seemingly incumbent on the infamous propagandists throughout history.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...eb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.16f59447b377

Trump's rollback of micro-management has led to increased and accelerated success in Syria against ISIS. Ditto the "campaign of annihilation." These results are likely not surprising to most here, but it is some good news on something that actually matters.

Even more impressive is the move away from the failed notion of nation-building. We will get things livable then turn it over to the locals:

McGurk described extensive preparations, while emphasizing that the United States is not interested in reconstruction or nation-building. Instead, he said, U.S. and partner nations are removing mines, clearing rubble and making sure that basic services — electricity, sewage and water — are operational to allow displaced residents to return under the leadership of local councils.

“People say, ‘We want you to run the hospital, the schools.’ We say, ‘No, we’re not very good at that.’ It’s not our responsibility,” McGurk said.

And, gee, shouldn't this be headlines everywhere, rather than buried at the bottom of the article: the tide has turned, the refugee flow nearly stopped and hundreds of thousands are returning to their homes.

Among the successes of the current policy, he said, are the near-cessation of civilian displacements inside Syria and Iraq, and the return of hundreds of thousands of displaced civilians to their homes in places previously occupied by the Islamic State.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    BBBBBuuuuuttttt, I heard someone say up thread that Trump's foreign policy is terrible and will hurt the US. It has to be true because they heard it reported on TV or on the internet. Deep State Minitrue is always right.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Waiting......

Any more rationalizations, justifications, or simple downright God D*** stupid a** reasons you feel Trump has the right to tell these frigging lies?

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yeah, but some at least have the enough respect to make up lies about potentially believable stuff, rather than tell outright how stupid they think we are, by telling us a lie that goes beyond the pale. Its like he's honestly out of touch with reality. It really makes me think back to him calling Cruz "Lyin' Ted," and I'm like "is this guy serious?"

Isn't Trump University somewhat along the lines of a lie that goes beyond the pale. I mean isn't that the definition of a con job?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Gee aren't all his lies the reason why people have reason to doubt him and want to investigate the sh** out out of him? D*** amazing how that works. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom