The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    First, you're assuming that Mattis doesn't agree with the new policy. I have my doubts about that. Second, Mattis is a professional military officer. I am certain that in his long career he has been given a lot of orders he didn't agree with. I am certain he followed those orders anyway. That's what a professional officer does. Thirdly, the idea that Mattis would be "selling his soul" is purely fabricated by you based upon your own opinions and your well established hatred of the President.

I'm not proposing that either Mattis agrees or doesn't agree with the policy. I'm proposing that Mattis had no idea that the Policy was going to be rolled out imedeatly. I'm proposing because the Pentagon was caught flat footed is because Mattis was caught flat footed. Had Mattis been aware it was happening then the Pentagon would have been prepared for it. I mean that is what a professional does after all when it comes to policy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I'm not proposing that either Mattis agrees or doesn't agree with the policy. I'm proposing that Mattis had no idea that the Policy was going to be rolled out imedeatly. I'm proposing because the Pentagon was caught flat footed is because Mattis was caught flat footed. Had Mattis been aware it was happening then the Pentagon would have been prepared for it. I mean that is what a professional does after all when it comes to policy.

This is all conjecture. We don't really know if Mattis knew or not.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Since the Military seems to have wanted to take more time to study it, I think they should take that time and release something after that study has concluded.

Well I can certainly see how people might feel the way they do on this issue. However I think this clouds their reason when seeing how poorly Trump executes a given policy especially when done by Tweet and the implementers are caught off guard and no details exist.

To be fair, Obama changed the policy to allow them after the study was released. This was about social engineering, not protecting people.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    You were doing fine until the "however". That's when your blind hatred of Trump leads you off into hyperbole-land. You really shouldn't let him get into your head as much as he does.

Sorry, i don't think so. Policy by Tweet is incompetent and irresponsible. Period

Now had the implementers been prepared and details worked out prior, well then....

However whenever you announce a policy via a 147 character limit that explains little, even if all the details are worked out prior all you do is whip up the mob while we wait to hear the details.

Governing the masses successfully requires more skill and thoughtfulness than just whipping up the mob and shouting lock her up.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    To be fair, Obama changed the policy to allow them after the study was released. This was about social engineering, not protecting people.

So. Obamas poor judgement or wrong thinking gives Trump license to do so? Why not wait the six months Mattis talked about so they could have those results first?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This is all conjecture. We don't really know if Mattis knew or not.

Sorry but like I said I have much more faith that Mattis is a professional and would have handled it differently. Even if Mattis knew, he would never have released it in this manner and prior to having the details prepared and have someone be prepared to address it. Currently the Pentagon has no answers and has not been able to respond.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So. Obamas poor judgement or wrong thinking gives Trump license to do so? Why not wait the six months Mattis talked about so they could have those results first?

Trump reversed Obama's bad decision. What results are coming in six months?

common sense does not take six months.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Pentagon said all questions regarding the policy should be directed to the White House. That sounds like washing ones hands of the matter

That also sounds like they don't have the details. Typically the Pentagon takes orders and executes them. But H*** if you don't have the details how in the H*** can you execute that?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    That also sounds like they don't have the details. Typically the Pentagon takes orders and executes them. But H*** if you don't have the details how in the H*** can you execute that?

best to stop enlistment and then deal with existing troops. Don't need entire strategy in place to stop enlistment

So Mattis has no common sense? Those are his words after all.

your words

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    In truth, we have no idea if the good folks in the upper levels of the Pentagon knew this was coming down the pike. Just because some mid level functionary didn't know it was coming doesn't mean a thing. Again, if Mattis knew the Pentagon knew.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    best to stop enlistment and then deal with existing troops. Don't need entire strategy in place to stop enlistment

your words

What do you do with the existing troops? I think I saw it's around 14,000 soldiers. Do you pensions those out on a career path if they are over say 12 years? And those under some sort of stipend for 3 or 4 years, both groups receiving honorable discharges?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Sorry but like I said I have much more faith that Mattis is a professional and would have handled it differently. Even if Mattis knew, he would never have released it in this manner and prior to having the details prepared and have someone be prepared to address it. Currently the Pentagon has no answers and has not been able to respond.

Again, this is all conjecture on your part.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    What do you do with the existing troops? I think I saw it's around 14,000 soldiers. Do you pensions those out on a career path if they are over say 12 years? And those under some sort of stipend for 3 or 4 years, both groups receiving honorable discharges?

14,000 transgenders currently serving? I am very skeptical of that number.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

your words

No you said waiting 6 months made no sense. Mattis said it would take another 6 months. You'll have to do a bit better than that.

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Again, this is all conjecture on your part.

It's certainly not that big of a leap given the two people we're talking about. Do you really wish to compare who's more professional, Trump vs Mattis? Ok, how about who's the more adult, Mattis vs Trump? Give me a break.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom