The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Pentagon requests next steps on Transgender policy.

Appears the Pentagon thinks they need a clue as to what the Commander in Child wishes to do next. You think that Trump could at least Tweet them and let them know what they're supposed to do.

Where are you getting that they made such a request?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    All present agree the meeting was short. That the evidence of Clinton's criminal activity in Russia was unconvincing. That the meeting disbanded shortly after the Russian lawyer commenced her Magnitsky Act/adoption spiel. That there were no follow-up meetings.

Whether that is the truth or not, do you agree that there is no publicly reported evidence to the contrary?

Fusion GPS was the oppo research entity acting as agent for Clinton/DNC in producing the pee-pee memo. They funneled the money to the ex-UK spy who in turn funneled it to Russian "sources" in producing the hit piece. Which, btw, was so fantastical and wholly uncorroborated that no news source reported upon it until Comey inexplicably included in briefing materials, thereby making a news story, and giving it legs.

That "russian agents" used the same entity for their smear campaign is either a coincidence, or not. But that is uninvestigated whether the activities were coordinated. Hence, some traction for a conspiracy theory.

Making every politician in DC a criminal... well, adding a count to the list, lol! (yes, I'm a cynic... no such thing a clean politician, I only suspect 3 of such in my half century plus lifetime)

ETA: Sorry, a couple edits and adds... done now

I agree I've yet to hear anything to the contrary. That in itself isn't conclusive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't like the tweets and my response wasn't intended as justification as much as possibly one explanation as to why he chose to proceed in this fashion. Having served a long time in the military I can tell you that policy changes getting dropped on us without notice was fairly routine.

Despite what a leftist judge said the military should not be responsible for making Bradley Manning into Chelsea Manning. It isn't what the military is for and they are ill-suited for this task.

This is really the problem I have with transgenders in the military. I don't know about their fitness. That's up to military commanders to figure out. As far as their disorder itself, I feel some sympathy for them, like I would anyone with a disability. The real transgenders can't help it, just like people who suffer from depression can't help it.

But it's not the military's role to provide a means to cosmetically "fix" them. If they have to be "fixed" to be of use, isn't it better just to pick the people who don't need fixed? What group do they now accept who needs "fixed"?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    This is really the problem I have with transgenders in the military. I don't know about their fitness. That's up to military commanders to figure out. As far as their disorder itself, I feel some sympathy for them, like I would anyone with a disability. The real transgenders can't help it, just like people who suffer from depression can't help it.

But it's not the military's role to provide a means to cosmetically "fix" them. If they have to be "fixed" to be of use, isn't it better just to pick the people who don't need fixed? What group do they now accept who needs "fixed"?

Officers.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Regarding transgender in the military. Given the known mental instability and 40% suicide rate of folks living as transgendered, why is it even a discussion about having them in the military? I thought we were supposed to do something about solider suicides? Perhaps NOT putting a group HIGHLY at risk for suicide in the military in the first place would be a good start?

because I know the narrative. A transgender person would kill them self or something drastic and then it would be released that some soldiers had been mean, and then comes the massive protected class, animosity, etc.

the military is not the place for this.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

It really is too bad that one person at times ruins or gets tagged as being the representive for all cases. You really could do that for anybody. There's always one or two bad apples out there.

With regard to fixing or better yet being responsible for paying for something of this mnature I would agree that taxpayers shouldn't be responsible to pay for this.

However I think there might be away that we can eliminate that or not be responsible for that but allow them to serve.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Regarding transgender in the military. Given the known mental instability and 40% suicide rate of folks living as transgendered, why is it even a discussion about having them in the military? I thought we were supposed to do something about solider suicides? Perhaps NOT putting a group HIGHLY at risk for suicide in the military in the first place would be a good start?

because I know the narrative. A transgender person would kill them self or something drastic and then it would be released that some soldiers had been mean, and then comes the massive protected class, animosity, etc.

the military is not the place for this.

its a discussion. Do you have any study results showing any real data?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    That article was a complete nothing burger. It's all hearsay and "unnamed official" BS.

Then all the other reports stating the Pentagon was flat footed is also a nothing burger. Name a report stating the Pentagon has been able to provide any details on this policy.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Then all the other reports stating the Pentagon was flat footed is also a nothing burger. Name a report stating the Pentagon has been able to provide any details on this policy.

If Trump and Mattis discussed it, which we don't know since Mattis is on vacation and hasn't said, then the Pentagon knew about it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    its a discussion. Do you have any study results showing any real data?

no but the internet has plenty

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/31626633/

i see the issue as a sign of a massive mental health disorder that society is telling them doesn't exist. And rather than get them treatment society has decided to push them further into their delusion and tell them the problem lies with everyone else.

very, very sad.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    If Trump and Mattis discussed it, which we don't know since Mattis is on vacation and hasn't said, then the Pentagon knew about it.

LOL

Yeah, okay, NO!!

Sorry, but I don't buy it. Mathis is a professional, Trump isn't.

Discuss it or not this is not the way Mattis would handle it. Mattis may have escaped the public sucking up during the cabinet meeting but he too was going to eventually be sucked into the reality that is now Trump. Mattie will certainly have to address it and I'm sure he'll do his best to make it sound reasonable. Question is how much selling of his soul to cover Trump is Mattis willing to put up with? How far and how much soul selling is Mattis willing to do especially when Trumps crap is so obvious a child can tell what's going on?

Last edited:

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    no but the internet has plenty

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/31626633/

i see the issue as a sign of a massive mental health disorder that society is telling them doesn't exist. And rather than get them treatment society has decided to push them further into their delusion and tell them the problem lies with everyone else.

very, very sad.

Since the Military seems to have wanted to take more time to study it, I think they should take that time and release something after that study has concluded.

Well I can certainly see how people might feel the way they do on this issue. However I think this clouds their reason when seeing how poorly Trump executes a given policy especially when done by Tweet and the implementers are caught off guard and no details exist.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    LOL

Yeah, okay, NO!!

Sorry, but I don't buy it. Mathis is a professional, Trump isn't.

Discuss it or not this is not the way Mattie's would handle it. Mattis may have escaped the public sucking up during the cabinet meeting but he too was going to eventually be sucked into the reality that is now Trump. Mattie will certainly have to address it and I'm sure he'll do his best to make it sound reasonable. Question is how much selling of his soul to cover Trump is Mattis willing to put up with? How far and how much soul selling is Mattis willing to do especially when Trumps crap is so obvious a child can tell what's going on?

First, you're assuming that Mattis doesn't agree with the new policy. I have my doubts about that. Second, Mattis is a professional military officer. I am certain that in his long career he has been given a lot of orders he didn't agree with. I am certain he followed those orders anyway. That's what a professional officer does. Thirdly, the idea that Mattis would be "selling his soul" is purely fabricated by you based upon your own opinions and your well established hatred of the President.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Since the Military seems to have wanted to take more time to study it, I think they should take that time and release something after that study has concluded.

Well I can certainly see how people might feel the way they do on this issue. However I think this clouds their reason when seeing how poorly Trump executes a given policy especially when done by Tweet and the implementers are caught off guard and no details exist.

You were doing fine until the "however". That's when your blind hatred of Trump leads you off into hyperbole-land. You really shouldn't let him get into your head as much as he does.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom