Would we have seen the sniper's gun barrel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The news and talk show hosts and even President Trump in recent days have talked about how spectacular is was for the Secret Service agent to see a rifle barrel sticking through a chain link fence.

Maybe it's just me, but while I appreciate the guy doing his job, it doesn't seem that remarkable to see something out of place?

Surely I'm not the only hunter here? Nor am I the only one to take classes on and study self defense awareness?

To me, that gun barrel and two ballistic vests would have stood out like a shining light in the dark. You folks too, right?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's a BS line. The crap hanging off the fence was way more obvious.

Sloped roof 2.0, they just make stuff up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don't forget the pink shirt!

It was a known break in the fence line where the media hang out to get pictures...

Part of the breakdown in reporting is that a lot of folks don't understand that the vests were obviously hung there as concealment and cover. No one is saying that though, including commentary of contributors who should know the sniper's reasoning.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Part of the breakdown in reporting is that a lot of folks don't understand that the vests were obviously hung there as concealment and cover. No one is saying that though, including commentary of contributors who should know the sniper's reasoning.
    He's a distraction, just like the Butler shooter.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I've seen folks go through FOF classes with us all day, only to blindly walk into a potential hornet's nest in a strip mall parking lot, after having dinner that evening.

Awareness is a thing.

;)

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Of all the Golf courses I've played-I'd like to Think & Hope I'd notce a Gun Barrel poking thru a Tree-lined Fence.
    Probably be Easier for me, since I'm usually in the Trees-looking for my ball!

• Haha
    Reactions: Leo
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    It's hard to believe anyone could loiter around the fence line At That Course and not be noticed. But this guy was able to camp out there. At the one known break in foliage. Further, he was able to escape, after being shot at. Riiiigght.

As to noticing the gun and other sundries, likely I would have noticed when I went to look for my lost tee shot. In all seriousness, I'm not sure I would have noticed it if I were actually playing golf. In fairness, who really expects to encounter a rifle on a golf course?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...In all seriousness, I'm not sure I would have noticed it if I were actually playing golf. In fairness, who really expects to encounter a rifle on a golf course?

A better question, my friend...

...why would you NOT be aware enough to have your head on a swivel at the golf course owned by the same guy who they tried to assassinate just a few weeks ago?

:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    A better question, my friend...

...why would you NOT be aware enough to have your head on a swivel at the golf course owned by the same guy who they tried to assassinate just a few weeks ago?

:dunno:
    In the old world (about 8yrs ago) I would have bet that sitting behind a former president, or golfing with a former president on his private course, would be about the safest location to be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    #insidejob

This is my fault, for poor wording and bad grammar. Sorry!

I started this thread in the carry issues and self defense forum. hoping to stir up a thought provoking conversation about situational awareness. Rather than another political thread about assassination theories.

:ugh:

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Straight on barrel would be hard to spot, the plates probably drew his eyes as those would stick out like a sore thumb.
    The plates were not concealment.
    If he had bothered to place a couple of branches on the fence and put the plates behind them we would be having a different conversation.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    This is my fault, for poor wording and bad grammar. Sorry!

I started this thread in the carry issues and self defense forum. hoping to stir up a thought provoking conversation about situational awareness. Rather than another political thread about assassination theories.

:ugh:
    You asked, I answered. There is enough out there to make you wonder how on earth two near perfect attempts happened, thankfully they continue to use **** poor patsys...

Top Bottom