The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nah, the real reason is the upity historical society’s zealotry. There’s a historical mansion setting in the way of where the proposed East end corridor would go.

It had less to do with the "historical" aspect and more to do with the "name" of who owned that mansion.......It's amazing how much pull five families have had in that town since before the Civil War....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I assume this is the bridge at the east end of the Louisville/Jeffersonville loop near the port facility and not the new bridge in parallel with the old one on 65.

Yes. It extends from the Gene Snyder on the east end, through the tunnel, and then across the new bridge into Indiana. As far as where to build a road through there, that’s the least populated route to build it. Mostly because that property takes up 50 acres.

Thing is, KY bought the property in 2012 for $8M, way more than it’s worth by the way, for right of way. The historical society got it registered on the list of historical properties, so then the state couldn’t put the highway through it. So then they tunneled under it, which really added a lot of unnecessary costs to the project.

Oh. And KY just sold the property on auction for something like $1.3M. So on top of having to spend a couple hundred million extra on the tunnel, there went another $7M down the ****ter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yes. It extends from the Gene Snyder on the east end, through the tunnel, and then across the new bridge into Indiana. As far as where to build a road through there, that’s the least populated route to build it. Mostly because that property takes up 50 acres.

Thing is, KY bought the property in 2012 for $8M, way more than it’s worth by the way, for right of way. The historical society got it registered on the list of historical properties, so then the state couldn’t put the highway through it. So then they tunneled under it, which really added a lot of unnecessary costs to the project.

Oh. And KY just sold the property on auction for something like $1.3M. So on top of having to spend a couple hundred million extra on the tunnel, there went another $7M down the ****ter.

The stupid! It burns! With 50 acres, you would think they could have managed to go around the house horizontally rather than vertically.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There's only one man, in the flesh, that should be honored in the church. Put the plaque on the wall outside. I would call this Insane Justice. I don't really think this belongs in this thread.

The church is a congregation and recorder of history. I don't mind a plaque of great people associated with it. By your reasoning the Catholic Church violates all sort of issues, which I agree with you on.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    from the link....“Make no mistake, disclosing grand jury material is a violation of the law. Somebody violated their oath of secrecy,” Gowdy, a South Carolina lawmaker and former federal prosecutor, also told Fox News on Sunday.

sounds that way to me...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    from the link....“Make no mistake, disclosing grand jury material is a violation of the law. Somebody violated their oath of secrecy,” Gowdy, a South Carolina lawmaker and former federal prosecutor, also told Fox News on Sunday.

sounds that way to me...

And exactly how is it known that the Mueller Team disclosed this information? And the information, again, being that there is a pending indictment of someone?

Kut (has a really hard time seeing how and why this is an issue)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    the man is in charge and it is his job to keep all the leaks plugged....

Yeah, if the leaks originate from his team sure... If Trey has proof that it was Mueller's team that released these leaks then have at it. But this information most assuredly passed through several different hands...starting first with Rosenstein. The Democrats can equally question if Rosenstein didn't give his bosses a "heads up" and the person we both know to be a serial leaker, the President, didn't himself have this info released. That's the type of games that can be played with this type of nonsense.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Maybe the game plan was to give notice of the unspecific indictment Friday and see who's law firm contacted Mueller's team over the weekend feeling out the possibility of a deal.:dunno:

Certainly provides drama for big media.

Guess we'll find out when they announce the names.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If I'm right property tax usually goes to pay for local services such as schools but fire and police. All of which have more to do with where your property is located so associating this to your property actually makes sense. Sales Tax typically goes to the state and not local services.

I must agree. I live in an attractive suburb with many amenities. I encounter arrivistes pretty regularly who have an insufficient understanding of how much the quality of the school system underpins the value/desirability of their house

I can only infer that they are overly aspirational and stretched so far financially to move up that they see the property tax necessary to live here as burdensome, but they do exhibit the outward trappings of wealth (number and brand of vehicles, designer clothing etc)

Cue Lord Darlington

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know. I never got a whisper of press attention on any of the occasions on which I posted that Obama is a stupid MFSB and she makes national news for a gesture?

Needed to up the ante. By that time hanging an effigy from a tree was the thing to do.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Maybe the game plan was to give notice of the unspecific indictment Friday and see who's law firm contacted Mueller's team over the weekend feeling out the possibility of a deal.:dunno:

Certainly provides drama for big media.

Guess we'll find out when they announce the names.

No, the game plan was to tell the public the investigation is getting results so trump can't shut down the fiasco.

months and months of nothing and then a leak of charges the same week mueller is found to be tainted and the Dems/Hillary created the dossier that led to the prosecutor in the first place. Come on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom