The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kut, seriously, have you recently hooked up with some hot SJW who's turned you? You've always been at least reasonable. This "Messican" bent you've been on has me worried you've become indoctrinated.

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    No. And you know better. Do you really think that of everyone? If the response to the disaster in PR is so inadequate, why do you attribute to malice what is so much easier explained by incompetence? You aren't making any sense.

You're the only one I know calling the Puerto Ricans "Messicans". :rolleyes:

My buddy Steve is from PR and my buddy Carlos is from Mexico. You should hear them go at it. Completely different culture.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The "we" that thinks "Messicans ain't 'Murican."

Count me as one...

Citizen of Mexico-Mexican

Citizen of the United States-American

Citizen of Germany-German

Citizen of Italy-Italian

Etc....

Mexico is a country and not a race...

You haven't been fooling around with a Ouija Board lately have you???? :)

I am going to try an exorcism from the key board just in case.....

"Oh spirit of dead SJW...Leave this man NOW!!!!! Be gone unclean spirit...In the name of Our Father I command ye to BE GONE!!!!!!!"

Your penance is to wear your sequined thong wrong side out for two days and no Zima for five days.....:)

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Count me as one...

Citizen of Mexico-Mexican

Citizen if the United States-American

Citizen of Germany-German

Citizen of Italy-Italian

Etc....

Mexico is a country and not a race...

Although the Brown Supremacist group, "La Raza" would have one believe otherwise I put no faith in racists such as them....

I apparently needed to use purple. lol

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I apparently needed to use purple. lol

purple_rain.jpg

"Purple is to be worn...Not used...."

:)

Z

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No. And you know better. Do you really think that of everyone? If the response to the disaster in PR is so inadequate, why do you attribute to malice what is so much easier explained by incompetence? You aren't making any sense.

You're the only one I know calling the Puerto Ricans "Messicans". :rolleyes:

Are you really going to try and pan off that some people, in their ignorance, don't refer to Spanish people speaking people as "Mexicans?"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kut, seriously, have you recently hooked up with some hot SJW whose turned you? You've always been at least reasonable. This "Messican" bent you've been on has me worried you've become indoctrinated.

And of course everyone else is reasonable?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are you really going to try and pan off that some people, in their ignorance, don't refer to Spanish people speaking people as "Mexicans?"

When I want to p.o. my in laws I do that....I can handle only three hours of eight people speaking (yelling?) in Spanish at the same time while I am trying to sip a bourbon before I say, "Is it a law that say's ya'll got to yell in MEXICAN when your'all talking?"

It's not ignorance or arrogance....It's called poking the bear....I get a kick out of it...

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And of course everyone else is reasonable?

I think every one on here, including you are reasonable...If not we would not have been able to spend these last five years sharing conversations, good times, and tears....Not me of course, I don't cry, but Jamil is a real softy...Never watch "Brian's Song" with him....To see Darth Vadar break down in sobs is hard to watch...

[video=youtube;OfI_HT39eeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfI_HT39eeM[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When I want to p.o. my in laws I do that....I can handle only three hours of eight people speaking (yelling?) in Spanish at the same time while I am trying to sip a bourbon before I say, "Is it a law that say's ya'll got to yell in MEXICAN when your'all talking?"

It's not ignorance or arrogance....It's called poking the bear....I get a kick out of it...

That, I am familiar with.... but there are a lot of people, I'm sure you know, that don't know the difference. It's just like when people call Asians Chinese. Sure, for any living person on the planet you have a 1 in 6 chance of being right, but its still not advised.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    That, I am familiar with.... but there are a lot of people, I'm sure you know, that don't know the difference. It's just like when people call Asians Chinese. Sure, for any living person on the planet you have a 1 in 6 chance of being right, but its still not advised.

[video=youtube;d_CaZ4EAexQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_CaZ4EAexQ[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Sure they do. I worked with a woman from Puerto Rico years ago who said it's annoying to be called "Mexican". And she's white. It didn't offend her. She was just annoyed by it, in an eye-rolling sort of way.

It's understandable. Most of the Spanish speaking people in America come from Mexico. And it makes sense that they would. We share a large border with Mexico, a country many people want to move from. And it makes sense that most of the Spanish speaking people in South Florida are Cubans. Cuba is very close, a country many people want to move from. There are a lot of Puerto Ricans in the US. Probably not very concentrated. It's understandable why people might assume they're either Mexicans or Cubans depending on where they are.

Understanding prevents a lot of butthurt. If you're Spanish speaking in America, whether you're darker skinned or not, people will likely think you're like most of the other Spanish speaking people in America. That's not an insult. No one's saying "Messican". That's just silly.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sure they do. I worked with a woman from Puerto Rico years ago who said it's annoying to be called "Mexican". And she's white. It didn't offend her. She was just annoyed by it, in an eye-rolling sort of way.

It's understandable. Most of the Spanish speaking people in America come from Mexico. And it makes sense that they would. We share a large border with Mexico, a country many people want to move from. And it makes sense that most of the Spanish speaking people in South Florida are Cubans. Cuba is very close, a country many people want to move from. There are a lot of Puerto Ricans in the US. Probably not very concentrated. It's understandable why people might assume they're either Mexicans or Cubans depending on where they are.

Understanding prevents a lot of butthurt. If you're Spanish speaking in America, whether you're darker skinned or not, people will likely think you're like most of the other Spanish speaking people in America. That's not an insult. No one's saying "Messican". That's just silly.

In college, we had a neighbor/friend that was blond headed and blue eyed. He was from Venezuela (iirc) and spoke Spanish as his first language...we called him a Nazi. :). All in good fun, of course.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

I've spent a lot of time down south working in the past and still don't understand the speed of Spanish language. I often felt like a dumb child trying to keep up, saying "despacio por favor" at times. When asked by the native speakers I was working with why I had a hard time keeping up, I replied that I don't even understand English that fast. It's like auctioneers after a gallon of coffee, and when they get excited or mad about something the speed gets even faster.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    That squirrel got turned into roadkill pretty quick! :yesway:

Not a bit.

Oh, it got squished alright. See below.

Secretary Tom Price, fleecing the US taxpayer and taking private flights; 11 he says, 24 the feds say... hundreds of thousands of dollars. ($300,000)
    Drain the swamp!
    Lol, who are we kidding?

Allow me to run over the squirrel too, it needs flattened a bit more. Price's boss (Trump) put him in line in a hurry. See below.

Tom Price Says He Will Pay for Charter Flights Taken for Government Business Trips

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom