The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Translation: [Puerto Rico racism narrative not going well] "SQUIRREL!!"

A few of questions come to mind. Is it true? If it's true, does it matter? If it matters is it really a squirrel? If it matters and it's still a squirrel does it really matter that it's a squirrel? If it's true and it matters, whether or not it matters if it's a squirrel, is that a swamp that needs drained?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    #noteverybody Kut ans Alpo say it ain't so, but the list is very short. So far just them two.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That squirrel got turned into roadkill pretty quick! :yesway:

Not a bit. I have the utmost confidence that if that particular island wasn't so full of Brown people, the public would be more outspoken, and this particular administration not dragging it's feet. But of course, I can see why a portion of the public isn't concerned with the govt's response in PR. Messicans ain't 'Murican.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not a bit. I have the utmost confidence that if that particular island wasn't so full of Brown people, the public would be more outspoken, and this particular administration not dragging it's feet. But of course, I can see why a portion of the public isn't concerned with the govt's response in PR. Messicans ain't 'Murican.
    That is absolute nonsense. And you know it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That is absolute nonsense. And you know it.

No, I don't.

Mr Honore, who now runs a consulting firm, said he would send 50,000 troops to Puerto Rico, where he said the devastation was worse than what New Orleans dealt with after Katrina.“They need to scale up. In Katrina, I had 20,000 federal troops. Not federal workers, federal troops,” he said.“I had 20 ships and over 240 helicopters. And Puerto Rico is bigger than Katrina.”
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...criticism-general-russel-honore-a7972996.html
    How many troops and ships (military) are helping Puerto Rico?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Oh bull...Texas and Florida both have plenty of "brown people" and people have emptied their wallets to help. It's quite possible that other, non-dog whistle factors are at play here. It could be people simply don't realize PR is an American territory...with our public schools, could anyone be surprised? The public has been distracted by important stuff like kneeling or not at a football game. And my personal theory--folks are disastered-out. There's only so much emotion folks can pour out. Or it could be a combination of factors...I doubt it's just because it's an island of "brown people".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Oh bull...Texas and Florida both have plenty of "brown people" and people have emptied their wallets to help. It's quite possible that other, non-dog whistle factors are at play here. It could be people simply don't realize PR is an American territory...with our public schools, could anyone be surprised? The public has been distracted by important stuff like kneeling or not at a football game. And my personal theory--folks are disastered-out. There's only so much emotion folks can pour out. Or it could be a combination of factors...I doubt it's just because it's an island of "brown people".

There are less brown people than non-brown people in Texas and Florida... apparently that makes a difference, at least to this president. He's made clear that he doesn't view all Americans equally.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There are less brown people than non-brown people in Texas and Florida... apparently that makes a difference, at least to this president. He's made clear that he doesn't view all Americans equally.

Which are we accusing of being heartless racists, that have turned their backs on the Puerto Ricans? The public, as you asserted in post 4045? Or just the president as you're now asserting?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Who is "we?"

....in so many words.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is it the Zima? :dunno: really. WTF?

There are probably only 3 people in the world who ever referred to Puerto Ricans as Messicans. And one of them is on INGO.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Is it the Zima? :dunno: really. WTF?

There are probably only 3 people in the world who ever referred to Puerto Ricans as Messicans. And one of them is on INGO.

You mean Messicans isn't catchall for all Spanish speaking people?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think it's laughable to claim the admin is dragging its feet in PR. You have an ENTIRE ISLAND destroyed. This has never happened.

the goods are stacking up in the port because roads are not passable and not enough truck drivers. FEMA is not equipped to sustain 3.5 million people's daily needs with 73h notice, nor should they ever be. When you are living hand to mouth you don't have anything prepared for a rainy day. Why exactly is PR so poor and in debt? I honestly have no idea and am curious.

an absolute catastrophe happened there, no question about it. It's going to take time to get supplies where they are needed. I suspect the aid going there is the largest since the Berlin airlift. I'd love to see stats

but also, why all the bottled water and canned water? They don't need more garbage, their whole island is debris at the moment.

Nearly every dialysis center and hospital is back online

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    [virtual teal] Quite correct, Doc. Plus all the people who endlessly fulminate about how"Trump doesn't appreciate the gravity of sitting in the big chair" in other discussions conveniently forget that he has to take seriously the possibility that a hot war with the DPRK could become a reality literally at any moment and maybe that affects a president's willingness to commit ships or troops. Especially if those ships are forward deployed and would need to be recalled.

But nope, its all racism [end virtual teal]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Are you planning on replacing Jesse or Al when they die. I believe you have melted down to one steaming issue. It seems as though you have been trying to make up for our loss of D.:chillout:

Next step getting into a fight with CM.:boxing:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mean Messicans isn't catchall for all Spanish speaking people?
    No. And you know better. Do you really think that of everyone? If the response to the disaster in PR is so inadequate, why do you attribute to malice what is so much easier explained by incompetence? You aren't making any sense.

You're the only one I know calling the Puerto Ricans "Messicans". :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom