The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We will see what actually gets paid back. I know what was initially said. Those things can change when the boss leans on you.

I take it you finally decided to look more in-depth, and know no numbers were made up, and that he's not paying for all the expenses of the flights he flew on?

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    From the article I posted:

"Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price released a statement Thursday indicating that he would personally pay for the cost of his seat on the charter flights that he took while conducting official government business."

"Politico previously reported that Price had taken upward of 26 charter flights while in office, at a cost of nearly $400,000."

"The taxpayers won’t pay a dime for my seat on those planes,” Price said in a statement, according to Politico."

Looks pretty clear to me. The only thing I see wrong is every number you've posted. He says he's going to pay for every charter flight he took while conducting official government business. If he's paying for the ones he took while on official business, I think it goes without saying that he's also paying for the ones when he wasn't on official business.
    It sounds like a pretty sweet deal for Price. Charter a 20, 30 or whatever size private jet and only pay for one seat regardless of whether there are other passengers. I'd like to get this deal.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's the rules. You reimburse commercial rates when you fly private. I learned that from the last admin

Kinda swampish, don't you think? if you run on draining the swamp, and consider the last admin "the swamp," you'd think you'd try avoid this kind of stuff.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It sounds like a pretty sweet deal for Price. Charter a 20, 30 or whatever size private jet and only pay for one seat regardless of whether there are other passengers. I'd like to get this deal.

I agree, it's shady. I hope that Trump leaning on him about it will result in him paying it ALL back, rather than just a portion. The argument over the initial number of flights and what was, or was not, business related will fall by the wayside if ALL means ALL. That's the appearance he's giving now and I expect his feet to be held to the fire on it.

I take it you finally decided to look more in-depth, and know no numbers were made up, and that he's not paying for all the expenses of the flights he flew on?

You give yourself too much credit. See above. The controversy you were trying to stoke goes away if Trump leaning on him is successful, which is the appearance as of now...which was the point of the article that I posted. No crying about what was, or was not, a business flight if he pays the FULL cost.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waiting on ammoman...
    I'll be impressed if he admits he was mistaken. For some reason, that's an amazingly hard thing to do for some folks.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree, it's shady. I hope that Trump leaning on him about it will result in him paying it ALL back, rather than just a portion. The argument over the initial number of flights and what was, or was not, business related will fall by the wayside if ALL means ALL. That's the appearance he's giving now and I expect his feet to be held to the fire on it.

You give yourself too much credit. See above. The controversy you were trying to stoke goes away if Trump leaning on him is successful, which is the appearance as of now...which was the point of the article that I posted. No crying about what was, or was not, a business flight if he pays the FULL cost.

"IF"

Sooo... the following is wrong?

Earlier you said it was a $300,000 tab. Or did you conveniently want to forget that? See below.

The article I posted says Price is going to pay $400,000, which is $100K MORE than what even YOU say he owes. Your numbers are lies.
    I know exactly what they are. They are you pulling numbers out of your behind to try and create a controversy where there isn't one. Price will be paying everything that he owes. Why do you have a problem with that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, absolutely. That's why trump is pissed

Honestly, I think he's pissed they got caught. Mnuchin was doing the same thing. Apparently people that know them, say that this is odd for these guys to do. I mean the president has kinda made it the culture of the WH to Jetset. These guys may have been thinking "if he can do it..." not recognizing that that if the got caught DT would back them.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Vice President Mike Pence’s outside lawyer met privately with special counsel Robert Mueller at Pence’s request last summer, according to a person familiar with the meeting.
    The meeting, which has not been previously reported, was held at Pence’s request to express his willingness to cooperate with Mueller’s investigation, the person said.
    Pence sent lawyer to meet with Mueller over the summer - POLITICO

VP Pence is making sure that if someone goes down, it ain't gonna be him.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    "IF"

Sooo... the following is wrong?

No, as I said "which is the appearance as of now"

The "IF" is there because it hasn't happened yet.

Also, as I said, we will have to wait and see. I don't like wasting taxpayer $$$ either, but Trump deserves a chance to correct him and Price deserves a chance to make good on his promise. Time will tell, but I choose to operate on the newest information rather than continue to try and stir stuff up over things that have the appearance of being outdated.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    The left caught lying again.

Librarian who rejected Melania Trump's Dr. Seuss books dressed as 'Cat in the Hat'

The Massachusetts elementary school librarian who rejected Dr. Seuss books donated by First Lady Melania Trump because the publication’s artwork contained “racist mockery,” was previously photographed dressed as the Cat in the Hat and holding a “Green Eggs and Ham” themed breakfast.

Librarian who rejected Melania Trump's Dr. Seuss books dressed as 'Cat in the Hat' | Fox News

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No, as I said "which is the appearance as of now"

The "IF" is there because it hasn't happened yet.

Also, as I said, we will have to wait and see. I don't like wasting taxpayer $$$ either, but Trump deserves a chance to correct him and Price deserves a chance to make good on his promise. Time will tell, but I choose to operate on the newest information rather than continue to try and stir stuff up over things that have the appearance of being outdated.

No, he does not. He should be gone.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh snap!

The left caught lying again.

Librarian who rejected Melania Trump's Dr. Seuss books dressed as 'Cat in the Hat'

The Massachusetts elementary school librarian who rejected Dr. Seuss books donated by First Lady Melania Trump because the publication’s artwork contained “racist mockery,” was previously photographed dressed as the Cat in the Hat and holding a “Green Eggs and Ham” themed breakfast.

Librarian who rejected Melania Trump's Dr. Seuss books dressed as 'Cat in the Hat' | Fox News

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom