The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    What happened to the "League of Nation's "?
    Much better name.

Memory fails me but Wilson's concept wasn't actually whole heartedly thoroughly supported and I think there were issues with the actual concept or details of how it would work. Anyway with the advent of WWII and it's aftermath and especially so soon afterwards of WWI there was bound to be more interest in something like this. In fact if we go to much longer without some kind of catastrophic type of war the UN very likely will fall out of favor as well. people often only see a need for things like this after s*** gets real bad.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's probably the best we can ever hope for given all the various countries and their different interests. It couldn't ever possibly be perfect but at least it's something where they all get together and sometimes accomplish some good.

I've never understood the dislike of the UN. Sure people make up loon-worthy stuff like how UN troops would be patrolling US Streets, or how they could pass a resolution that would ban guns in the the US (all utter nonsense), but I have yet to see any credible threat (or even the suggestion of) to US sovereignty.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Dddees
    If there is Trump rally in Indiana you have to go!
    I will pick you up all expenses on me.

What the hell are those things for anyway? Especially since the election has been over for almost a year now.

Oh that's right, Trump ego boosters. What a sorry needy piece of s*** he is.

Trump Luv Fest, yeah no thanks.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The League of Nations, proposed by Wilson, never had American involvement. That's what happened (or rather didn't).

Yeah, that's right he couldn't even sell it here. Was that when he got sick after coming back from his trip overseas to settle the aftermath of WWI?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Compared to what other political entity? Congress? LOLOLOLOLOL

Congress is pretty bad, but look at the "rights" in many (actually most) of those countries represented.
    Congress may be more corrupt in respect to $$ stolen, but I would argue their violation of rights are not as extreme.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Congress is pretty bad, but look at the "rights" in many (actually most) of those countries represented.
    Congress may be more corrupt in respect to $$ stolen, but I would argue their violation of rights are not as extreme.

Oil for food program.
    Huge human rights violators being on committees that are supposed to condemn that activity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom