The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The first thing GWB did was try to make nice with the democrats. That gave us no child left behind and senior precriprion drugs to name a couple.

GHWB gave in to the dems and and allowed then to just pass a tiny tax, which was his death nell.

RR signed amnesty to get border security.

Give a dem a cookie and he will want a cookie. If the dems wanted to euthanuse all republicans this year the republicans would only agree to phase it in over three years.

Hold on. NCLB and prescription medicare was "compassionate conservatism". That was Neocon collectivism all the way.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You are right. GWB called in 4 top Democrats and asked them to craft bi-partisan legislation in four different areas. I do not remember who or what in most cases, but the one I do remember Ted Kennedy was charged with NCLB.

GWB extended the olive branch to the dems and I knew as soon as I heard it that they would take all they could get and bite off his hand. I was right and his place in history is tarnished because he tried to work with those who can never be trusted.

I disagree with the term Neocon, because it undefinable. I have heard at leasy three different definitions and they are all derrogatory.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You WANT single payer?

I want to see single payer discussed rationally.

There is a strong argument that a lack of socialized healthcare puts our workers at at competitive disadvantage when compared to the workers in other countries. Let's suppose an international manufacturing business is looking for a place to open a new factory. If the choice comes down to the US vs Canada, or France, or Japan one thing they have to consider is the cost of providing healthcare insurance in the most volatile healthcare market on the planet. In Indiana insurance comes directly off the balance sheet, but in Japan an individual employee covers the tax burden for these services. In other words, they get to pass the cost of health insurance off onto someone else.

There is also a strong argument that socialized medicine produces an overall populace in better general heath, and those workers are better prepared to face the challenges of full-time employment, and therefore potentially more attractive as employees.

I want to see it discussed, because any honest discussion would, I think, necessarily come to the conclusion that *national* socialized healthcare is practically unworkable, and there is no authority granted to the Federal by the Constitution to do so even if they had the political capital to accomplish it.

I would like to see the more liberal states be free to pursue "single-payer" on the state level and start to generate some data about how a system like that would actually work here. Ideally, several states would try different approaches and we would be able to compare outcomes with actual data, rather than speculation and inference.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We discussed socialized healthcare last year. That conversation is over. It was decided to end it.

Mmmmmmm...okay. So that's why we still have Obamacare, right? I mean, despite the president and every single republican congressman having had run on, and been elected to enact, a repeal of Obamacare.

Such an inspiring and effective leader is he that, with a republican control of ALL THREE branches of government, he cannot pass legislation based on the campaign promises of every single elected republican in the federal government.

I don't know who this "we" you keep referring to is...Trump used you to gain power, and has never looked back. If the lobbyists *for* socialized healthcare do a better job of stroking Trump's ego than the *against* side does he will sign single-payer into law.

From Trump's view "we" is him and his ego, Republican voters were nothing more than a stepping stone to greater power, and your desires are entirely dismissible.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I want to see single payer discussed rationally.

There is a strong argument that a lack of socialized healthcare puts our workers at at competitive disadvantage when compared to the workers in other countries. Let's suppose an international manufacturing business is looking for a place to open a new factory. If the choice comes down to the US vs Canada, or France, or Japan one thing they have to consider is the cost of providing healthcare insurance in the most volatile healthcare market on the planet. In Indiana insurance comes directly off the balance sheet, but in Japan an individual employee covers the tax burden for these services. In other words, they get to pass the cost of health insurance off onto someone else.

There is also a strong argument that socialized medicine produces an overall populace in better general heath, and those workers are better prepared to face the challenges of full-time employment, and therefore potentially more attractive as employees.

I want to see it discussed, because any honest discussion would, I think, necessarily come to the conclusion that *national* socialized healthcare is practically unworkable, and there is no authority granted to the Federal by the Constitution to do so even if they had the political capital to accomplish it.

I would like to see the more liberal states be free to pursue "single-payer" on the state level and start to generate some data about how a system like that would actually work here. Ideally, several states would try different approaches and we would be able to compare outcomes with actual data, rather than speculation and inference.

I want *healthcare* discussed rationally. But no. We have to endure progressives claiming healthcare as a public right, and that not having single payer is immoral. A rational discussion of the pros and cons of single payer is impossible when the proponents thereof can't even acknowledge that rationality is even a thing to strive for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This video is 4 or so years old, but it's one I remember.

I already know why American Healthcare is so expensive. I've experienced it myself. The whole system, top to bottom ensures the utmost fleecing of consumers, with absolutely zero market influences to reduce prices. Obamacare exacerbates this.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I already know why American Healthcare is so expensive. I've experienced it myself. The whole system, top to bottom ensures the utmost fleecing of consumers, with absolutely zero market influences to reduce prices. Obamacare exacerbates this.

Actually, Obamacare has accomplished very little when it comes to prices. It is also not the reason prices are high.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central

Healthcare by all accounts was a mess way before and will always be with or without Obamacare Care.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mmmmmmm...okay. So that's why we still have Obamacare, right? I mean, despite the president and every single republican congressman having had run on, and been elected to enact, a repeal of Obamacare...

We certainly have squabbling as to how to do it, but it will get done. There are traitors among us that need to be eliminated. We may have to wait for that? There will be further strides in 2018, maybe even numbers that cannot be countered.

Socialized healthcare has proven to be the failure it was forecasted to be. It cannot sustain itself. The lies that were told to get this passed are now common knowledge, not just just to those who said this all along.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom