The 2017 General Political discussion thread, Part 2!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yeah, I get that. When there's a relationship present, no harm no foul. LEOs for instance are a pretty rowdy bunch around each other, and typically say things that you don't dare say around other people. Racial, sexual, just about anything is fair game.... among people you know, and understand it's not mean spirited.

I was at a wedding in Los Angeles about 10 years ago.....Every race and nationality present but heavy on blacks, Jews, and (obviously) Hispanic...At the reception I went outside to take a smoke and there was...Wait for it, one Mexican, two Jews, a black guy and 1/2 black and 1/2 white guy having a smoke break as well....When I stepped outside and began walking towards them one of them said, "Hey Rick, we just told a ****** joke, a **** joke, and a **** joke and realized we needed to hear a redneck joke as well...Can you help?"

And I obliged.....(In my best Kentucky drawl (Thanks Papaw))

"Y'all know whut a tornada and a divorce have in common in Kentucky?"

"No, not really.."

"Me neither, but either way somebody's losing a trailer...."

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My two cents about racist jokes. It depends on the spirit in which it's told. Everyone understands the environment of a comedy routine. Good comedians are skilled at telling those kinds of jokes in a way where the listener understands there's no contemp, no mean spirit. The best comedy happens when comedians are humorously honest about a controversial subject.

Redd Foxx, Lenny Bruce, Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison, as well as others in the 70's or 80's were brilliant at this....I LMAO at this every time I see it...I know Redd Foxx didn't harbor ill will towards Latinos but could poke fun in a way that was self deprecating as well...

[video=youtube;ZEDQG-XpCoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEDQG-XpCoQ[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was at a wedding in Los Angeles about 10 years ago.....Every race and nationality present but heavy on blacks, Jews, and (obviously) Hispanic...At the reception I went outside to take a smoke and there was...Wait for it, one Mexican, two Jews, a black guy and 1/2 black and 1/2 white guy having a smoke break as well....When I stepped outside and began walking towards them one of them said, "Hey Rick, we just told a ****** joke, a **** joke, and a **** joke and realized we needed to hear a redneck joke as well...Can you help?"

And I obliged.....(In my best Kentucky drawl (Thanks Papaw))

"Y'all know whut a tornada and a divorce have in common in Kentucky?"

"No, not really.."

"Me neither, but either way somebody's losing a trailer...."

No you said it wrong. It's the difference between a texas twister and texas divorce. The punchline is, either way someone's losin' a trailer. But that's from the perspective of a Missippian.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    How Hillary Clinton Embodies the Democrats? Unfair but Very Real Problem

So, the mainstream media was against HRC this whole time, and cause she's a woman.
    Absolutely! That is why they colluded with her opponent to provide debate questions in advance, tell people that it wasn't rigged and that she was just losing, tell people that there was no way that she could win, and in no way sat shocked and speechless but rather cheered triumphantly for Trump on air
    when he won.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    None of the mopes that used to give her money and buy pallets of her books see any advantage in it anymore.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ESPN responds to Jemele Hill calling Trump 'a white supremacist' | Fox News

"...The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the President do not represent the position of ESPN," the network stated on Tuesday. "We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate."

The co-host of the 6 p.m. "SportsCenter" broadcast posted a series of tweets Monday night about the president. In her rant, she called Trump a white supremacist "who has largely surrounded himself [with] other white supremacists." and called him "ignorant" and "offensive."...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

"...The comments on Twitter from Jemele Hill regarding the President do not represent the position of ESPN," the network stated on Tuesday. "We have addressed this with Jemele and she recognizes her actions were inappropriate."

The co-host of the 6 p.m. "SportsCenter" broadcast posted a series of tweets Monday night about the president. In her rant, she called Trump a white supremacist "who has largely surrounded himself [with] other white supremacists." and called him "ignorant" and "offensive."...

she sounds as she is ingorant and offensive......

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Colin Kaepernick
    @Kaepernick7

We are with you @jemelehill
    270a-1f3fe.png

10:32 PM - Sep 12, 2017

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Clinton takes blame for loss in new book: ?It was my campaign. Those were my decisions? | TheHill
    ""I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made. I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want, but I was the candidate," Clinton writes in her upcoming book, "What Happened," which was obtained by CNN.
    "It was my campaign. Those were my decisions," she continued.?

So she accepted the mantle of responsibility for the loss of the election, how can she then blamed the following;
    - Obama
    - Biden
    - Sanders
    - Comey
    - Putin
    - the media
    - Jill Stein
    - sexism
    - white resentment

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom